Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Folks, just wondering do I need my full medical history with me on the day of the medical in Dublin? Cheers

No, unless there is something significant you need to tell them or explain

Does anybody know roughly how much notice is given before an offer for a start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 raftershellpen

Jecz wrote: »
    No, unless there is something significant you need to tell them or explain

Lovely hurling, cheers!

Another couple questions for anyone to chime in; In the PCT, for the sit-ups, do your hands have to be touching your temple? I tend to do my sit-ups arms out in front & my understanding is hands to the temple method is more of a crunch than sit-up. Second question is; do they hold your feet when doing them?
    Have my PCT the 28th, nervous and excited rolled into one!!

Lovely hurling, cheers!

Another couple questions for anyone to chime in; In the PCT, for the sit-ups, do your hands have to be touching your temple? I tend to do my sit-ups arms out in front & my understanding is hands to the temple method is more of a crunch than sit-up. Second question is; do they hold your feet when doing them?
    Have my PCT the 28th, nervous and excited rolled into one!!

Hands on the temples and elbows have to pass the knees so it's more a crunch. They stand on your feet and count how many you do

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Theclarerose

Did anyone who passed the PCT on 17th may here anything about a medical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Did anyone who passed the PCT on 17th may here anything about a medical?
    No nothing as of yet, maybe friday we might.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EH95

Hi gang, how soon after you return the medical form stamped from your GP do you get called for PCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

EH95 wrote: »
    Hi gang, how soon after you return the medical form stamped from your GP do you get called for PCT?
    HRM be in touch in about 2weeks

HRM be in touch in about 2weeks

Thanks for reply... They’ll be in touch with a date 2 weeks after? And will the date be a weeks notice or 2 or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sabrinam002

Thanks for reply... They’ll be in touch with a date 2 weeks after? And will the date be a weeks notice or 2 or more?

My form had to be back by the 20th March, got word on the 27th for the fitness on the 12th of April:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Theclarerose

Jorsehai wrote: »
    Hi, just have a question regarding retests for the physical exam. Was anyone advised that they needed to confirm their retest with appointments? Received an email that told me I needed to give confirmation of my attendance by a particular date that had already passed at the time of receiving the email. Really afraid of what’s going to happen so if anyone can give me some advice I’d really appreciate it!
    just give them an email to let them know of the error and they should confirm another date!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Harley2016

Hey guys for those who had there meeting with the sargent what did ye wear? And what did ye address him by?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sabrinam002

Harley2016 wrote: »
    Hey guys for those who had there meeting with the sargent what did ye wear? And what did ye address him by?

Wear whatever you want with him! It's just a chat. I was going training straight after so I had my gear on and he was delighted with me even said it to my references straight after. Wore a suit yesterday meeting the super and to be honest I don't think he expected me to he said it was just a chat too!

Oh I meet the sargent and super?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Would it be correct to say that of the July intake starts on the 15th of July the first of the two induction weeks will begin on the 1st July which will then be the cut off point for entry?

Hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me the procedure if you fail any part of the fitness? Do you get to re do and how long would you be waiting etc... also BMI situation... what do you have to be and do they give you time to get it down? I know this was probably answered numerous times but just want to be sure for my self. If anyone could shed some light that would be great, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me the procedure if you fail any part of the fitness? Do you get to re do and how long would you be waiting etc... also BMI situation... what do you have to be and do they give you time to get it down? I know this was probably answered numerous times but just want to be sure for my self. If anyone could shed some light that would be great, thanks

If you fail the fitness you will be given a second chance in 12 weeks, if you fail again you are then out of the competition. The BMI needs to be less than 30, if it is higher they will give you 6 months to get it into range

Henry2006 wrote: »
    If you fail the fitness you will be given a second chance in 12 weeks, if you fail again you are then out of the competition. The BMI needs to be less than 30, if it is higher they will give you 6 months to get it into range

Perfect thank you.... and do they calculate your BMI on the day of your fitness test or is that only done after the fitness at the medical

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Perfect thank you.... and do they calculate your BMI on the day of your fitness test or is that only done after the fitness at the medical

Only at the medical, if you look for posts from OscarKilo he has a lot of information on getting it down

Henry2006 wrote: »
    Only at the medical, if you look for posts from OscarKilo he has a lot of information on getting it down

Will do! Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Stickynote10

Hi All, I’ve a question I passed the PCT about a week a go and now I have the medical
    In two weeks! I know I have to get laser eye surgery done which I think I’ll have done before the exam but my BMI is a little over the 30! Is it an automatic fail if your over the 30? Even if nothing else is wrong with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Hi All, I’ve a question I passed the PCT about a week a go and now I have the medical
    In two weeks! I know I have to get laser eye surgery done which I think I’ll have done before the exam but my BMI is a little over the 30! Is it an automatic fail if your over the 30? Even if nothing else is wrong with you.

A deferral I believe. I think you automatic fail only if over 35.

Don't quote me!!

Anybody receive any invites lately for physicals?

I've mine the 12th june

I've mine the 12th june

Would you mind saying when you got the invite for it?

The 12th June?

The 12th June?

Sorry I should have been clearer - meant when did you receive the email inviting you on the 12th?

Am on Tuesday

Does anybody know of people who have deferred and had issues getting on the next intake? I have been offered to defer to finish a course that will be done by the next possible intake of November/December but they said acceptance is not guaranteed. Worried about turning July down and then getting no further offers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Jecz wrote: »
    Does anybody know of people who have deferred and had issues getting on the next intake? I have been offered to defer to finish a course that will be done by the next possible intake of November/December but they said acceptance is not guaranteed. Worried about turning July down and then getting no further offers

I deferred from April for college and received offer that I accepted for July intake.

But I am just one example, so don't take my word for it.

Advertisement