Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EH95

Jake5991 wrote: »
    Id say contact garda hq and explain your situation they should give you another date .

What’s the best way to contact them? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EH95

Anyone have any idea on how long you’d need to wait for another pct appointment if you get it deferred? Will it be 12 weeks again or sooner.. anyone who got their one deferred could you let me know please. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Stickynote10

Hi All, just wondering anyone any idea when offers will be out for the next intake? Passed medical yesterday so looks like I’m good to go ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Barry69

Hi All, just wondering anyone any idea when offers will be out for the next intake? Passed medical yesterday so looks like I’m good to go ðŸ˜

Is your vetting done? I'm finished everything since March and still waiting ;-)

Presuming offers will be out in October sometime.

Barry69 wrote: »
    Is your vetting done? I'm finished everything since March and still waiting ;-)

Presuming offers will be out in October sometime.

Ya everything is done ✅ is your vetting back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 lisamurray0719

How do you know if your vetting is done? Do they email you or should i ring the Hr appointments

How do you know if your vetting is done? Do they email you or should i ring the Hr appointments

I got an off for July by mistake and when I rang they told me everything was done apart from my medical. I was deferred for 3 months on BMI but I passed that now on Wednesday so I’m assuming I’ll defo be in the next batch

Ya everything is done ✅ is your vetting back?

Yep vetting done just waiting on an offer .

You can ring or email HR and ask them if you're vetting is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

How long does vetting normally take ? Never lived abroad

• Advertisement

Jahcork wrote: »
    How long does vetting normally take ? Never lived abroad

I was told anywhere from 4 months to 2 years when I rang HR. My vetting took 6 months , I have never lived abroad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

I was told anywhere from 4 months to 2 years when I rang HR. My vetting took 6 months , I have never lived abroad either.

would 4 months be the minimum would you say?

AF96DUB wrote: »

Honestly I'm not sure, you could ring them and get told something totally different to what I was I told. Depends on the day you ring and who you speak to , that's been my experience with Hr anyway 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Honestly I'm not sure, you could ring them and get told something totally different to what I was I told. Depends on the day you ring and who you speak to , that's been my experience with Hr anyway 😂

it's all so unpredictable, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

EH95 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea on how long you’d need to wait for another pct appointment if you get it deferred? Will it be 12 weeks again or sooner.. anyone who got their one deferred could you let me know please. thanks
    I’m the same I had mine deferred as I was having surgery. Seeing the doc this week coming to get signed fit wondering how long it’ll be until I get a date, anyone got dates for PCT in Oct?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cornflakes132

“A good standard of general mental and physical health (full disclosure of medical history is necessary and shall be reviewed as part of the medical examination).”

Hey does anyone know this actually entails, do they need a letter from your doctor or will they require information on ever doctors visit that you have ever had, how much detail do they go into

Thanks

“A good standard of general mental and physical health (full disclosure of medical history is necessary and shall be reviewed as part of the medical examination).”

Hey does anyone know this actually entails, do they need a letter from your doctor or will they require information on ever doctors visit that you have ever had, how much detail do they go into

Thanks

If you have any scars on your body you will need to tell them what they are from. If from an operation(recent or in childhood) you may be better off getting confirmation from your doctor that you are medically fit, and bring that with you on the day of the medical otherwise the doctor may defer you until you have proof from your doctor. Other than that the doctor will just ask general health questions .You don't need to fill them in on every doctor visit you've had. It's fairly straight forward . :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cornflakes132

If you have any scars on your body you will need to tell them what they are from. If from an operation(recent or in childhood) you may be better off getting confirmation from your doctor that you are medically fit, and bring that with you on the day of the medical otherwise the doctor may defer you until you have proof from your doctor. Other than that the doctor will just ask general health questions .You don't need to fill them in on every doctor visit you've had. It's fairly straight forward . :-)

That’s perfect thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

AF96DUB wrote: »

I passed the medical last week and im still waiting for my vetting to be cleared. Im in 2018 campaign.
    I have already told my current employer il be leaving but iv no dates as of yet which is making it awkward in work .
    Does anyone here know if i dont get the next intake am i gone or could i get called in the 2020 intake ?

I passed the medical last week and im still waiting for my vetting to be cleared. Im in 2018 campaign.
    I have already told my current employer il be leaving but iv no dates as of yet which is making it awkward in work .
    Does anyone here know if i dont get the next intake am i gone or could i get called in the 2020 intake ?

You will get called once everything is complete and your order of merit is reached. You are still eligible for a place unless told otherwise which rarely happens.

• Advertisement

You will get called once everything is complete and your order of merit is reached. You are still eligible for a place unless told otherwise which rarely happens.

Ok thanks thats what i thought but when i rang hq this morning she said there was people waiting from other campaings like 2017 to get in .

I guess its just a waiting game .

Ok thanks thats what i thought but when i rang hq this morning she said there was people waiting from other campaings like 2017 to get in .

I guess its just a waiting game .

Yep I've heard of people from 2016 only getting offers in April/July just gone. It's like you said a "waiting game".

Yep I've heard of people from 2016 only getting offers in April/July just gone. It's like you said a "waiting game".

Wow thats crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Hi guys, I need some advice here regarding medical history.

Basically a few years back I went through a rough patch and took to drinking heavy. I have completely turned my life around and got sober but in those few years I had some visits to the doctor for anxitey medication. I was never hospitalised or anything that extreme but I'm beyond worried now that is going to raise a red flag on my application.

Like everyone else here I've put in serious dedication and commitment to get to this stage and now I'm thinking I could be knocked back.

Any advice please would be great as to how to approach this when speaking to the doctor.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseecath

Hi there,
    I passed my PCT in late July and my medical in early-august. I've met my local Gardaí and my Superintendent for a face-to-face. My current employment know about all of this and are aware I intend to leave as soon as I'm given a date. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the next intake?
    I've heard rumours that there won't be another intake until one class passes out of Templemore in November, so possibly introduction in December, but nothing concrete.
    Just wondering if there's any truth to those rumours, or if anyone has heard anything else? :)

Hi there,
    I passed my PCT in late July and my medical in early-august. I've met my local Gardaí and my Superintendent for a face-to-face. My current employment know about all of this and are aware I intend to leave as soon as I'm given a date. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the next intake?
    I've heard rumours that there won't be another intake until one class passes out of Templemore in November, so possibly introduction in December, but nothing concrete.
    Just wondering if there's any truth to those rumours, oer if anyone has heard anything else? :)

I heard the same as you the next intake is the end of November when that class passes out . They usually send an email out about 4 weeks before you start.

But you would want to check that your vetting is done as i myself have everything done but am waiting on the vetting. It can take a long time. Try ring HQ and give them your details they should tell you if your vetting is done .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Burges95

Anybody from the 5th July fitness test been called for a retest yet I'm guessing it's gonna be some time at the start of October?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Just sent my doctors letter back. Any idea how long it’s taking to schedule appointments for PCT at the minute? I’m struggling with push ups still so any time would be useful haha

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

Uweir32 wrote: »
    Just sent my doctors letter back. Any idea how long it’s taking to schedule appointments for PCT at the minute? I’m struggling with push ups still so any time would be useful haha

Month or two usually i think? It’s been so long I can’t remember haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

Any offers gone out?

Advertisement