Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Harley2016

When doing the sit ups is someone holding your feet down?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Barry69

Harley2016 wrote: »
    When doing the sit ups is someone holding your feet down?

Yes you will have an instructor standing on your feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Amy_123

Is there anyone who had interviews in December who still heard nothing since?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Amy_123 wrote: »
    What is your OOM amy?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Amy_123 wrote: »
    What is your OOM amy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭leheaven

Uweir32 wrote: »
    For the PCT do hands have to be behind your head for sit ups?

No hands at your temples

Henry2006 wrote: »
    You definitely will. It’s not me it’s my daughter applying, I’m the anxious mum lol she’s waiting for a date for pct and has interview with sergeant tomorrow in our house which I thought was a bit strange

Ah okay. I remember now. How did the interview go? Is she training for pct?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

leheaven wrote: »
    Ah okay. I remember now. How did the interview go? Is she training for pct?
    It went well, very casual and said they have a record on pulse that she ran away when she was 11 when I kicked her out of the car so they had a laugh over that. She’s up to 6.5 on beep so nearly there, no date yet

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Keelster97

Has anyone who needs to repeat the PCT heard anything back yet? I've posted this a few times but I need to redo the beep and I'm getting anxious now since I haven't heard anything and the new campaign has been announced.

Keelster97 wrote: »
    Has anyone who needs to repeat the PCT heard anything back yet? I've posted this a few times but I need to redo the beep and I'm getting anxious now since I haven't heard anything and the new campaign has been announced.

As far as I know if you need to repeat it you have to wait 3 months, that’s how it was in September 16 campaign so not sure if it has changed

• Advertisement

It went well, very casual and said they have a record on pulse that she ran away when she was 11 when I kicked her out of the car so they had a laugh over that. She’s up to 6.5 on beep so nearly there, no date yet

Lol. Ah very good, she’s getting there. At what level does she have to stop?

Oh yeah our fingers to our temples but is there someone holding our feet while we do them?

I'm 515th on oom and haven't heard a thing yet.

Lol. Ah very good, she’s getting there. At what level does she have to stop?

I think it’s 7.6 she’s 25

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Barry69

Oh yeah our fingers to our temples but is there someone holding our feet while we do them?

Instructor stands on your feet while you do them.

Ya the instructor stands on your feet. Have you have HRM a call? I’d say you’ll hear soon because I know ppl with oom 400+ doing theirs recently. It’s a bit all over the place as I was only called recently and my oom a lot lower.

I think it’s 7.6 she’s 25

Ok, ya your right. Is she on boards as well? How is she set for the rest of the pct?

Ok, ya your right. Is she on boards as well? How is she set for the rest of the pct?

No she’s not on it, she’s fine on sit ups and push ups just needs to push a bit harder on the beep but is working hard at it

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

No she’s not on it, she’s fine on sit ups and push ups just needs to push a bit harder on the beep but is working hard at it

There’s a lot to be said for the adrenaline on the day at least!

OK perfect thank you 👌

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    There’s a lot to be said for the adrenaline on the day at least!

I hope enough for her !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Person3456

does anyone know for sure do females get to carry out the push-ups on their knees?. It shows the woman carrying out the pushups in this way in the official video. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Keelster97

Person3456 wrote: »
    does anyone know for sure do females get to carry out the push-ups on their knees?. It shows the woman carrying out the pushups in this way in the official video. Thanks

Yeah women can do pushups either way they want either on their knees or a standard pushup whatever you've been training for and is more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

For those that have had the medical, how long after passing the fitness test was it till you were called in?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

Jecz wrote: »
    For those that have had the medical, how long after passing the fitness test was it till you were called in?

My group got their medical a week after the physical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

I was invited for a medical date 4 days after passing my PCT.

bottar1 wrote: »

Thanks, and are you now on a course? Do they give conformation the background checks are done or do you just get invited to a start date?

bottar1 wrote: »

Thanks, and are you now on a course? Do they give conformation the background checks are done or do you just get invited to a start date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

I was offered April but deferred to finish my degree. I hope to get the next intake.

I just got invited to a start date, shortly after I completed my medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Does anyone have any first hand experience of getting a deferral of PCT on medical grounds? How did you go about it? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any first hand experience of getting a deferral of PCT on medical grounds? How did you go about it? Thanks

Yes I did. I had an injury to my foot and shoulder. I emailed off my medical note from GP stating I was unfit to carry out PCT for at least 8 weeks. They were happy with that but after the 8 weeks I have to either email another GP letter to say I am fit or am not and if not why and what steps are being taken to get fit.

Advertisement