Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigrant Caravan's WTF?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mammajamma

Dannyriver wrote: »
    All this Democrats v Republican nonsense from Irish people is sickening, why not call it as it is. The US governments have been continuously imperialistic war lords intent on bullying their way around the globe since WW 2 ...This is a US issue not Democrat v Republican. Both parties are culpable. Irish people supporting a nationalist like Trump that doesn t give 2 flying ****s about us is downright embarrassing.

This is true, the importation of amercanisms is a bad turn for the country. I'd say its the same in most English-speaking countries unfortunately. I suppose the explanation is that the united states is heating up exponentially in a political sense, DUE to these existential problems. Its a bellwether that nothing is being solved.

I find that "the left", for want of better generalisation, are just useless. The ideas put forward are usually the height of hypocrisy, and just plain don't make any sense. Its fair to say that they have had the helm of society, rightly or wrongly, for well over a decade now. Hence the problems lie at there feet, so to speak.

On the other hand, you have "the right", and as distasteful as they can be sometimes, they have a tendency to actually focus on problems and attempt to provide answers. (one big sticking point appears to be climate change, however)

Between the two choices of thought, one is the lesser of two evils.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

mammajamma wrote: »
    This is true, the importation of amercanisms is a bad turn for the country. I'd say its the same in most English-speaking countries unfortunately. I suppose the explanation is that the united states is heating up exponentially in a political sense, DUE to these existential problems. Its a bellwether that nothing is being solved.

I find that "the left", for want of better generalisation, are just useless. The ideas put forward are usually the height of hypocrisy, and just plain don't make any sense. Its fair to say that they have had the helm of society, rightly or wrongly, for well over a decade now. Hence the problems lie at there feet, so to speak.

On the other hand, you have "the right", and as distasteful as they can be sometimes, they have a tendency to actually focus on problems and attempt to provide answers. (one big sticking point appears to be climate change, however)

Between the two choices of thought, one is the lesser of two evils.

The more of your posts on this topic that I read, the more you sound like one of those subversive Russian troll accounts trying to steer the US elections. I just can't figure out why you would bother with an Irish forum.

Trump is making a yuge deal out of this "invasion" ahead of the mid terms about an influx that won't arrive for about 40 days by conservative (no pun intended) estimates and that military intelligence has determined will probably number less than 1,400 when it reaches the US border. The military have decided that the greater risk is from civilian "militia" trying to help out.

Democrats have had ample opportunities over the past few decades to open the borders if they wanted to. Why would they wait until Trump to do so?

The whole thing is a distraction to mobilise GOP voters and hopefully make them forget about Trump's failure to deliver on promises made in the past.
    No wall built. Hilary still at liberty. Medicare still a thing. Coal and steel not back. Etc. etc. etc.

milltown wrote: »
    The more of your posts on this topic that I read, the more you sound like one of those subversive Russian troll accounts trying to steer the US elections. I just can't figure out why you would bother with an Irish forum.

Trump is making a yuge deal out of this "invasion" ahead of the mid terms about an influx that won't arrive for about 40 days by conservative (no pun intended) estimates and that military intelligence has determined will probably number less than 1,400 when it reaches the US border. The military have decided that the greater risk is from civilian "militia" trying to help out.

Democrats have had ample opportunities over the past few decades to open the borders if they wanted to. Why would they wait until Trump to do so?

The whole thing is a distraction to mobilise GOP voters and hopefully make them forget about Trump's failure to deliver on promises made in the past.
    No wall built. Hilary still at liberty. Medicare still a thing. Coal and steel not back. Etc. etc. etc.

The estimated numbers are absolutely all over the place, you cant take any very seriously. But it IS fair to say that they aren't small numbers, and that they are encouraging similar movements of people.

If the democrats had such a steady hand on everything, the united states wouldnt be the way it is today, they didn't have to openly declare "no borders" when there was a very large amount of people going in anyway. Simple as that. Immigration is a very serious issue regardless of political slants, so trying to overplay one slant while underplay another slant is hardly credible.

It is an existential problem, and my inference is that the people who held power for the last decade approximately, are to blame, either for encouraging it, or for ignoring it.

So if you accept that trump is being loud to mobilise the European origin people, then its common sense to assume that the democrats are being supremely quiet in order to satisfy their non-European origin people. Common sense. Two sides of a coin, but one real issue.

Oh and that's the first time I've been likened to a Russian troll :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Ding ding

Another upside-down hypocritical stance. If irish people decided to have no children tomorrow, in the vague hopes that it would free up housing and healthcare and improve jobs etc, sure the fools in charge would only fill the country up with non-irish people in their place, and much more besides.

Its a thought process that leads to a complete dead-end. Unless you count f&cking ourselves over for zero gain to be a great idea.

The fact that the West stopped having children opened us up to the "We NEED these people." and the whole "They'll pay our pensions", "They'll do the jobs [Insert Nationality] doesn't want to do.",etc we've heard them all by now.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    The fact that the West stopped having children opened us up to the "We NEED these people." and the whole "They'll pay our pensions", "They'll do the jobs [Insert Nationality] doesn't want to do.",etc we've heard them all by now.

People in Europe didn't just stop having children for no reason. One of the biggest factors was expense. Look at how much a home costs, how much childcare costs.

Why did it get so expensive? In a word, globalisation. China and the like aren't creating money and becoming filthy rich out of nowhere, they've essentially nicked our businesses and wealth creation.

So when the answer to the problem of Europe not having children (globalisation) is answered by some lunatic offering mass immigration (more globalisation), you know you're being taken for the ultimate ride.

• Advertisement

Now, some of the migrants have files a court action against Trump and the United States.

From cnbc
    Honduran migrants traveling in a caravan to seek asylum at the U.S.-Mexico border are suing President Donald Trump, Attorney General Jeff Sessions and other key figures, arguing the administration's stance is "shockingly unconstitutional."

The class-action civil suit, filed Thursday in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., claims Trump "continues to abuse the law, including constitutional rights, to deter Central Americans from exercising their lawful right to seek asylum in the United States."

How are lawyers and political figures communicating with homeless, moving migrants?

With people in your own country willing to back this, who needs enemies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

I call bollix to this. People are not having kids due to high cost of having kids in the first world. So if ya want to let your kids live in squalor. That's fine. Have as many as you like.

I think you have misunderstood me a little. I was more thinking we have less kids because our health system is much better and we have a better quality of life compared to third world countries who have so many children in the hope that the ones who survive could provide for them in old age.

As for those clowns who say we need mass immigration in Europe because our birth rate is so low and how are we going to pension etc. They can feck right off we have a population of nearly 750,000,000 already.

Now, some of the migrants have files a court action against Trump and the United States.

From cnbc
    Honduran migrants traveling in a caravan to seek asylum at the U.S.-Mexico border are suing President Donald Trump, Attorney General Jeff Sessions and other key figures, arguing the administration's stance is "shockingly unconstitutional."

The class-action civil suit, filed Thursday in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., claims Trump "continues to abuse the law, including constitutional rights, to deter Central Americans from exercising their lawful right to seek asylum in the United States."

How are lawyers and political figures communicating with homeless, moving migrants?

With people in your own country willing to back this, who needs enemies?

Someone is clearly orchestrating this. Plus they're not even on American soil yet. They are not guaranteed protection under the Constitution.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

open borders worked in germany
    only 2000 german teenage girls raped by ILLEGAL FUKKING IMMIGRANTS
    only 300 taxpayaing german citizens MURDERED BY ILLEGEAL ****ING IMMIGRANTS

collateral damage

• open borders worked in germany

collateral damage

Seems relevant

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

proudboy wrote: »
    That's the second time you've posted that on the thread. Its still not funny. Get some new material.

did u see the video of a fifteen year old german girl gettting her face cut off by an IL;LEGEL IMIIGRANT
    ITS ON LIVELEAK

collateral damage

Remember folks. That's their culture and we have to respect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

And seeing as we're out of time-machines, what outcome do you see in reality?

Not to mention they already passed through several safe countries, so whats up with that?

Oh FFS, not you again!! You and your friends only purpose in registering on Boards is to create threads like this. I hope the end of half-term will see the end of you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭irishproduce

The media should be doing more to condemn the caravaners.
    They are instead encouraging it, it is reckless of the media to do so in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The media should be doing more to condemn the caravaners.
    They are instead encouraging it, it is reckless of the media to do so in my opinion.

Condemning human desperation to offer their families better and safer lives? The media isn't encouraging, they're simply reporting it...

• proudboy wrote: »
    That's the second time you've posted that on the thread. Its still not funny. Get some new material.

Sorry dad? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

batgoat wrote: »
    Condemning human desperation to offer their families better and safer lives? The media isn't encouraging, they're simply reporting it...

Your emotional naivety fails when reports suggest that 3 quarters of the caravan are actually adult males.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

please bbc tell that to the family of the 15 year old girl who had her face hacked off by AN ILLEGAL FUKKING IMMIGRANTUHIKIUHI

What was that about

• backspin. wrote: »
    What was that about

Isn’t it obvious? He doesn’t like ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTUHIKIUHIS

• Registered Users Posts: 13,284 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

batgoat wrote: »

Nice spin on a free market approach that would be too extreme for Thatcher.

She should have described her approach as empathic,it seems to work for people like Merkel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Your emotional naivety fails when reports suggest that 3 quarters of the caravan are actually adult males.

I don't know about you, but I would kind of hope that underage females would NOT be the demographic having to support their partners and children.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Remember folks. That's their culture and we have to respect it.

We don't. We prosecute them and punish them.

The Germans even changed their legislation to make non-consensual groping in public a sexual offense, all thanks to immigrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

A couple of things to be said here. Firstly, central/south America are non English speaking which is a good thing because the English imposed their language on the Irish so I like non English speaking peoples. Secondly, they tend to be Catholic or at least not protestant and not muslim so that would be another plus in my book. However, that is bye the bye - crucially, I think they are making a mistake going to the US just as people from the middle east/Africa might be making a mistake coming to Europe. The reason I think they are making a mistake is because the US and Europe will become economic basket cases when the fiat money they are printing becomes worthless. Many of these poor countries owe their debts in US dollars and at present the rising US interest rates are strengthening the US dollar to the detriment of these poor countries. When the US dollar collapses, things will improve for the poor countries with dollar denominated debt and of course they will get a lot worse in the US where these poor people are heading.

I reckon there could be a lot of Venezuelan`s travelling with the caravan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

collateral damage
    Mod note: shady acres, banned from AH for 24 hours. We have no need for this rubbish here,

Buford T. Justice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Shenshen wrote: »

The Germans even changed their legislation to make non-consensual groping in public a sexual offense, all thanks to immigrants.

Go away with your sense and reason, we're trying to get some nice outrage and foam at the mouth hysteria going here.
    Maybe try "dem immiggranths ar wot is rappin dem.womrn an Anglela is helpink dem wit it!!!11!??1112!!!"
    If your IQ is over 50 you're not allowed to post in this thread.
    As for Germany, it's not the right that has gained the most, but the lefties and green party.
    Like so much sh*t on the bowl, it'll be gone after a few more flushed.

Shenshen wrote: »

I know, but that was the Liberal spin for a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Unconfirmed sources saying the clown from "IT" is in the Caravan...

000262313hrjpg.jpeg?rect=558%2C91%2C1750%2C875&dpr=2&auto=format%2Ccompress&w=650

Unconfirmed reports that ISIS terrorists are in the Caravan...

205651fc-f3b5-4ec7-83c0-31a9a329dbc1_1497312686.jpeg?itok=vEG3HxkK&mtime=1497312698

Unconfirmed reports that North Korean Special Forces are in the Caravan...

3F4B121A00000578-4417914-image-a-5_1492417270295.jpg

• Advertisement

Unconfirmed reports that Mexican Drug Lords are in the Caravan...

140205113809-pkg-romo-mexico-drug-lord-mansion-00024628-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Advertisement