Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigrant Caravan's WTF?!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    You guys want to act like a bunch of pre-programmed drones then expect to get treated as such.

If you want to pretend that people in the Real World who disagree with you are really only background characters in a videogame that you are playing, go right ahead.

Be prepared for people to think you are either mentally very unwell or extremely inexperienced in dealing with the world outside your bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Its a not secret that I was born in the US. I've openly said it. Or you trying to pretend otherwise because you thought you made a witty remark?

So you were an anchor baby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Varik wrote: »
    An american can't live in Kilkenny?

Apparently not according to this lot.

Varik wrote: »
    An american can't live in Kilkenny?

Not long, at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Odhinn wrote: »

Classy

• Advertisement

If you want me to treat you like an intelligent human being then you better act like it. My parents immigrated to the US LEGALLY. and became citizens.

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Classy

Is sense of humour time over for the day?

The've no legal right to enter your country but people in dire straits seek a better life elsewhere when they can't get it at home. Your country was founded on that. Even under Trump, the states is still a better place for many people and being on the same land mass just makes it a simpler choice.

Seeking a better life is not valid excuse to march to a Country's border like an invading army and demand entry. There is a proper protocol to go through.

Seeking a better life is not valid excuse to march to a Country's border like an invading army and demand entry. There is a proper protocol to go through.

It's just a group of desperate people. The notion that its "an invading army" or appears like one to a superpower like the US is a bit silly, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Is sense of humour time over for the day?

your-not-funny.jpg

• Advertisement

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    your-not-funny.jpg

Fair enough.

It's just a group of desperate people. The notion that its "an invading army" or appears like one to a superpower like the US is a bit silly, tbh.

It doesn't matter. There's a proper process to go through. Just because you're easily manipulated doesn't mean the rest of us are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Unfortunately it's the language trump has used heading into the mid terms. Of course some dullards will repeat it ad nausem. The military leaked a document about their report of the caravan. Completely and utterly different to the over the top language trump uses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I agree, but it's hardly an invading army. Thousands try get in every week I'd imagine. Trump playing with Israeli style 'diplomacy' is just to scaremonger up some votes for tomorrow.
    If a few people get shot by an over enthusiastic right winger, meh.

Unfortunately it's the language trump has used heading into the mid terms. Of course some dullards will repeat it ad nausem. The military leaked a document about their report of the caravan. Completely and utterly different to the over the top language trump uses.

Just like certain dullards here are repeating " poor desperate people" ad nauseum ?

It doesn't matter. There's a proper process to go through. Just because you're easily manipulated doesn't mean the rest of us are.

I'll regret asking, however - how am i easily manipulated?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

Do we now? :D:D Some of us here call it half-term because that's what it was called when you were just a sperm in your father's ballsack encased in a nappy.

You make that sound like a bad thing! :eek:

<Admin snip>

Seems to me that you enjoyed that for more than the fact that you are using it to foster a dislike for immigrants illegal or otherwise. Liveleak? Is that the most respectable site that you like to watch gore videos on? :rolleyes:

the german police have released their rape statistics for 2017 today

have you seen them

if not don't be such a snotty mouth :mad:

ten dollars says you will not google the stas and post them here

You disagree. 'Lock her up and so on!'

I agree, but it's hardly an invading army. Thousands try get in every week I'd imagine. Trump playing with Israeli style 'diplomacy' is just to scaremonger up some votes for tomorrow.

They're walking in lines, waving flags on the Countries they claim to be escaping and heading for our borders. Eventually you have to call a spade a spade.

Because you think being poor and desperate is a valid excuse to break laws.

• Advertisement

Because you think being poor and desperate is a valid excuse to break laws.

Yep, in certain circumstances.

Yep, in certain circumstances.

Its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

They're walking in lines, waving flags on the Countries they claim to be escaping and heading for our borders. Eventually you have to call a spade a spade.

Erm, it's only the US who are threatening violence...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Its not.

You're so totally right John, let's just call up a couple warthogs and strafe them all before they get anywhere near the border.

batgoat wrote: »

That seems to be a bit of recurring theme....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

batgoat wrote: »

have you seen the video of the 80% military aged males breaking through the mexican border?

have you seen the video of the 80% military aged males breaking through the mexican border?

'Military aged males'? Is that right out of the Fox news handbook?
    It's at worst a mob of unarmed people trying to get a better life for themselves. Trump using it for votes despite the danger he invokes with his rhetoric is a bigger threat to the U.S.A.

'Military aged males'? Is that right out of the Fox news handbook?
    It's at worst a mob of unarmed people trying to get a better life for themselves. Trump using it for votes despite the danger he invokes with his rhetoric is a bigger threat to the U.S.A.

See, the mistake you're making here is that you still seem to think you're talking to people who would see it as an issue if a bunch of 'non whites of non European* descent' were shot (or otherwise hurt) trying to get across the border.

Instead you're talking to people who would only see it as an issue if they somehow (even legally) make it across the border, they don't really care by what means they're kept outside.

(I'm just quoting from the thread now, they don't seem to be aware of the Spanish and Portuguese heritage of large parts of south america, nor would it make a difference)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

You seen those militias that want to go to the border with guns? I'd call that a hell of a lot more worrying...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭green shoots

wexie wrote: »
    (I'm just quoting from the thread now, they don't seem to be aware of the Spanish and Portuguese heritage of large parts of south america, nor would it make a difference)

From my experience in Central and South America, the ones with European descent are the ones with all the money, they're not the ones who emigrate. Blacks and natives are the poor. It's literally a case of the whiter you are, the richer you are.

Advertisement