Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pittsburgh synagogue shooting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

Celticfire wrote: »
    What criteria are you using to call him Jewish?
    Like your friend, you misunderstand. I'm not calling him Jewish, it's the headbangers who do so. Or perhaps you have not noticed this? I'd rather not post links to Infowars and far-right websites here, but I suggest you start your investigation there - while you're there, you can patiently explain to them that he's an atheist. I'm sure they will give you a fair hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Odhinn

He's an atheist so that just leaves a racial element for you to consider him Jewish.

No, that's what others do, from the spanish in the middle ages to the nazis and far right today.
    Is the left the same as the far right in their definition of Jewishness defining Jews as a "race"

Nope. Jewishness is a broad ethnicity and would not fit such a simplistic description.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Just goes to verify the perennial empirical truth: the biggest threat to the lives of Americans is.....other Americans.

But hey, build that wall :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,501 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Anthracite wrote: »
    I think you misunderstood again - I never said you should stop posting, but you're kind of making my point for me.

I was reading what you implied by what you said. Love the passive aggressive style by the way, very slick.

nullzero wrote: »
    I was reading what you implied by what you said. Love the passive aggressive style by the way, very slick.
    We aim to please.

• Advertisement

We aim to please.

The Royal "we"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I find it weird that the far right are consistently implicated in these discussions while the antisemitic menace of the far left are let off the hook. I've heard the killer was anti-Trump and possibly a far leftist himself.

gw80 wrote: »
    What's wrong with anti Zionism?

The belief that the Jewish state has no right to exist....?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I find it weird that the far right are consistently implicated in these discussions while the antisemitic menace of the far left are let off the hook. I've heard the killer was anti-Trump and possibly a far leftist himself.

They way you try to dump your agenda on the bodies of 11 people is somewhat sickening, I have to say.

No, his position was that Trump was not sufficiently anti-semitic and far-right. It's public knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

It was a full moon last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Celticfire

The problem isn't an individual criticism of Soros, which I guess is valid (although I'm not sure why - he seems to be trying to avoid the sort of disaster that caused the Holocaust he survived). The problem is the context in which dog-whistle attacks on the likes of prominent Jewish people like Soros take place.
    Like your friend, you misunderstand. I'm not calling him Jewish, it's the headbangers who do so. Or perhaps you have not noticed this? I'd rather not post links to Infowars and far-right websites here, but I suggest you start your investigation there - while you're there, you can patiently explain to them that he's an atheist. I'm sure they will give you a fair hearing.

You called him a prominent Jewish person. If that's not calling him Jewish I don't know what is?
    I find it weird that the far right are consistently implicated in these discussions while the anti-Semitic menace of the far left are let off the hook. I've heard the killer was anti-Trump and possibly a far leftist himself.

Indeed only this month prominent Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan compared Jews to termites to rapturous applause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Celticfire

https://twitter.com/jpegjoshua/status/1056236568241942528

https://twitter.com/jpegjoshua/status/1056356724792287233

So now it's the cops fault. Blame everyone except the actual scum*** that did the shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭gw80

I'd consider that more pro Israel.
    But there are extremists in the Jewish quarter also, as there are in most cults,who live and think in biblical terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Human Sausage

https://archive.is/LVwZk
    Daily Reminder:
    Diversity means chasing down the last white person.

https://archive.is/Uq4lB
    Why hello there HIAS! You like to bring in hostile invaders to dwell among us?
    We appreciate the list of friends you have provided:
    hias.org/events/national-refugee-shabbat

https://archive.is/u4Hxv
    i have noticed a change in people saying 'illegals' that now say 'invaders'
    i like this.

https://archive.is/qT3uJ
    Oh puhlese. Q-ball hasn't even gotten rid of old man soros yet. he must be like a ninja or something.
    You people are being played for fools and are going to be absolutely devastated when you finally realize it.

Yep, this guy definitely doesn't sound right-wing. :rolleyes:

Almost forgot this one, sent just before he went shooting:

https://archive.is/1gI5n
    HIAS likes to bring invaders in that kill our people.
    I can't sit by and watch my people get slaughtered.
    Screw your optics, I'm going in.

Now where have I heard people talking about refugees and immigrants like that...

No, his position was that Trump was not sufficiently anti-semitic and far-right. It's public knowledge.

Probably because Trump isn't anti semitic, kind of goes with the territory of being a hawkish Zionist.

The Jewish state does exist. What Zionists need to do is reign in their excessive behaviour and stop treating Palestinians like vermin. Israel exists, Palestinians live there, they are human beings and deserve to be treated as such.

If people want to extrapolate from that Jews run world conspiracies are valid they're just xenophobic idiots.

nullzero wrote: »
    The Jewish state does exist. What Zionists need to do is reign in their excessive behaviour and stop treating Palestinians like vermin. Israel exists, Palestinians live there, they are human beings and deserve to be treated as such.

If people want to extrapolate from that Jews run world conspiracies are valid they're just xenophobic idiots.
    Agreed. Headbangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

How about we just maybe realize that religion is nonsense.

These people believe in an imaginery man in the sky, but if you tell them the paint on the wall is wet.... they touch it to see

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    They way you try to dump your agenda on the bodies of 11 people is somewhat sickening, I have to say.

Your thought processes and assumptions are extremely sickening. My point was that Leftist Jew hatred is a problem and it is ignored. The way you use the dead bodies of 11 people to have a dig at me for no good reason says more about you than it does about me.

But if you think you can speak over the concerns of me, a matrilineal Jew, and many others like me, go ahead.

My point was that Leftist Jew hatred is a problem and it is ignored.
    Do you have specific examples of it being ignored? Just so we are on the same page.

I think you've made it more than clear that you're trying to steer the conversation away from this obviously far-right killer to talk about the left.

What's interesting is the numerous posts here using a thread about about American Jews being murdered as a chance to slander Israel were never commented on with reference to the use of 11 peoples dead bodies to push an agenda.

I think you've made it more than clear that you're trying to steer the conversation away from this obviously far-right killer to talk about the left.

If he was obviously far right, I wasn't aware. I heard he was anti Trump and blamed Jews for his election. Trump haters are usually leftist as far as I know. I made one comment to that effect. So I would have to assume you and the other poster are conspiracy theorists judging by your responses. And your talk of agendas may be projection. If your concern lay with victims of antisemitism why would you have any problem with someone pointing out that it exists at both ends of the political spectrum. And no problem voiced, with the Israel bashing arising from Jewish deaths. Telling.

You know what's telling? You can't condemn this far-right act of violence without talking about the left. Why is that?

When Islamist terrorists kill, do you also bring up other instances of violence?

You know what's telling? You can't condemn this far-right act of violence without talking about the left. Why is that?

When Islamist terrorists kill, do you also bring up other instances of violence?

Eh? You realise I made one comment due to the fact that all the comments were about the right (and Israel) ? Because thought he was a leftist? And I'm still not sure if he wasn't?

I'd say fair enough if I had a habit of popping up and pointing out leftist jew hatred on every such thread.

It looked like the right had been adequately condemned already.

I am starting to see why nobody bothers with these threads

So your first post here is talking about the "antisemitic menace of the far left" and how you've heard this guy was "possibly a far leftist himself".

Where did you hear that? Because the evidence that's publicly available clearly shows this guy is far-right.

Whenever something like this happen, people clamour to blame it on the left or Muslims, or the left for "importing" Muslims. The fact is it's the far-right who are the dyed in the wool antisemites. I won't deny it exists on the left but Christ alive, white supremacy, white nationalism, etc. are all RIGHT-wing ideologies.

And then your mealy-mouthed condemnation that just has to include the left. Classic whataboutism.

So yes, I too see why people on AH don't bother with these threads. Because so many here are right-wingers but can't condemn violence from their own side, or only condemn it while cribbing "whatabout the leftists", just as you're doing.

Don't waste my time with your crocodile tears. If you really cared about the victims you would've just condemned it, instead of using it as an opportunity to bring up the left.

If a mosque in the West was attacked, would you start chiding Islamic countries for their human rights record?

• Advertisement

If a mosque in the West was attacked, would you immediately jump to assume it has to be right-wingers?

Advertisement