Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Exit Poll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Yeah but Im going to tar them all with the one brush, Casey wants it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Try_harder wrote: »
    In the spirit of this non-pc "Tell it like it is" world, this exit poll proves what I believed: AH, is dominated by selfish xenophobic racists.

Your dictionary mightn't define you as a racist, I am.

Your da man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Here's my take on what happened tonight.
    It's ain't no surprise that Mickey The Liar got the majority vote tonight.
    I was in a doctor's surgery yesterday and that's who the majority of the auld folk was going to vote for.

But when I saw the doctor, you know the person with multiple degrees and the person you would have to suspect would have a higher intellect; well; when I mentioned whom I was voting for and why; he, with all his political correctness, agreed that the current Irish welfare system is not sustainable. He said that his practice just could not handle it for much longer.

The good news is that the door doesn't have to hit my ass on the way out of here; I'm lucky and I can leave Ireland. But for the majority of workers/contributors in this country, that option is not available to them. They have to sustain the Margaret Cash's of this country. They are getting up early in order to go to work and bypassing time with their own children in order for the likes of Margaret Cash (in the tens of thousands) can live in a house that she deems suitable as close to her own family as possible.

The system sucks. And Leo Varadkar and his party sustains it.
    I will do everything; even if it is to vote the welfare party (Sinn Fein), to get his hypocritical party out of power. Hell; I'll even vote Fianna Fail, with all their brown-envelope-stained trousers.

Jebus H Fluckin' Christ, we really do need an alternative in this country. The 'Peter Casey' thing is just the canary in the coalmine. One of these days, the majority will find the time; besides working and supporting their familes, to say; fluck this; Margaret Cash and her cohorts do not deserve > €54,000 to survive on this planet.

Fluck you Leo, you lying bastard, and Micheál , and all the horses you rode into town. We (the workers) will eventually prevail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Casey was popular maybe for a reason. JUST SAYING

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

maybe

• Advertisement

I do what I feel like!

Monorail!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,565 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The media asking candidates would they live beside Travellers was the pits of this campaign. They wouldn't dare ask same question about any other ethnic minority. Disgrace.

From LNR.

Ok. How many of you would live beside travellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

From LNR.

I lived beside a traveller family Mots of my childhood, was a few bad eggs but mostly was grand. Don't see what the big problem is, I think people have blown it out of proportion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

From LNR.

I did, for all of my childhood. They lived winters on our back road adjoining our house in the country. But they seemed to be a different breed of traveller, there was no litter, there was common decency, we were never threatened. Da used to make the kids sandwiches in the kitchen when they came up every day for water. There seems to be an element in that community now that have gone to the bad - the ones that torture old people in their homes, sometimes to death, it is beyond despicable. Savage. Not recognisable as the travellers of my childhood. I don't know what happened, I guess society as a whole became less inhibited, and some deprived people in all communities became ultra violent. I would not like to live beside travellers now. Which is a terrible thing to feel because I know there are decent ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What's the verdict on the 2nd bit , can we say Jehovah yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I'll bite. For a start, because he's spent his political life espousing progressive political causes and secondly becuase he understands the constitutional role of the office

we are either going to have a state funeral and an election in the next 4-5 years or a president without his facualties for 7 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

ah yes using two words with the same meaning to make your post look well informed 

damn it were all racist racist

please TRY HARDER next time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

TallGlass wrote: »
    Been thinking this, I am really going to start looking at the local people around here and what they really do for the place. More so than I do already.

Was having the same thought

We can see from the current government most of the policies are lies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Kivaro wrote: »
    I was in a doctor's surgery yesterday and that's who the majority of the auld folk was going to vote for.

But when I saw the doctor, you know the person with multiple degrees and the person you would have to suspect would have a higher intellect; well; when I mentioned whom I was voting for and why; he, with all his political correctness, agreed that the current Irish welfare system is not sustainable. He said that his practice just could not handle it for much longer.

The good news is that the door doesn't have to hit my ass on the way out of here; I'm lucky and I can leave Ireland. But for the majority of workers/contributors in this country, that option is not available to them. They have to sustain the Margaret Cash's of this country. They are getting up early in order to go to work and bypassing time with their own children in order for the likes of Margaret Cash (in the tens of thousands) can live in a house that she deems suitable as close to her own family as possible.

I will do everything; even if it is to vote the welfare party (Sinn Fein), to get his hypocritical party out of power. Hell; I'll even vote Fianna Fail, with all their brown-envelope-stained trousers.

Jebus H Fluckin' Christ, we really do need an alternative in this country. The 'Peter Casey' thing is just the canary in the coalmine. One of these days, the majority will find the time; besides working and supporting their familes, to say; fluck this; Margaret Cash and her cohorts do not deserve > €54,000 to survive on this planet.

Fluck you Leo, you lying bastard, and Micheál , and all the horses you rode into town. We (the workers) will eventually prevail.

I've mentioned it on boards before but Ireland is crying out for a new political party looking out for the taxpayers of this country. If done right there is huge potential to grow very quickly. I'd love to get involved in such a party at a grass roots level.

I'm not talking about a screw the people on welfare and let them starve policies, I'm talking about fair policies where people who actually work are better off than people who don't. There is so much scope for change for a fairer system.

Before people suggest there is Renua, they were founded on an anti abortion stance and their economic policies were an after thought. Might disappoint some of the Casey haters that his voters aren't all anti abortion, racist, uneducated knuckle draggers.

So if any you boardsies have the drive or passion to start such a party you'll have my support. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Well, I suppose travellers and the horse racing industry have one thing in common - neither of them pay tax.
    Jaysus , but they are both clever cowboys .

An actual Law and order Party especially for Rural People is one way to go .

FFGSinnFein have let Rural People down .

fergus1001 wrote: »
    we are either going to have a state funeral and an election in the next 4-5 years or a president without his facualties for 7 years
    Don’t tell me the wee bollox is not going to do the 7 years . Jeez that fella would do anything to milk the Public Teat .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Micheal D called Micky Graham a wanker........... President for Life

• Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Jackman25 wrote: »
    Its the biggest story of the election. Its a great result for Casey and those who voted for him.
    Even King Liberal Progressive acknowledges it

https://twitter.com/cooper_m/status/1055928861756657670

and then of course he muses on how they might have to think about blocking the likes of his message in future

https://twitter.com/cooper_m/status/1055932867711254528

Matt Cooper is a wanker of the highest order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Some apologist for traveller crimes on morning Ireland at the moment.

Disgusting to hear ppl apologising for criminality and anti social behaviour.

Nope.
    2% was the last poll number that I saw on RTE for Peter Casey.

RTE is the most biased anti-worker liberal media outlet in the country.

I believe their disdain for the tax payer is due to our vocal opposition to any license fee increase to pay for their exorbitant salary increases. Watch the faces of RTE commentators/reporters on television when they mention "the so-called squeezed middle class" (as RTE like to describe us). They can hardly contain their scorn for us. They do a good job not calling us the "proletariat" instead.

If a new party is formed as a result of voter dissatisfaction with the current left/ultra-liberal contingent of politicians, then a mandate for that party should be either the complete removal of the television license or a drastic reduction. Let see if the RTE liberal aristocracy survive. They might even have to get real jobs like the rest of us.

For the fun of it, I just turned on RTE Radio1 to listen to their commentary on the live count. And who do you think that they have on to comment on the Peter Casey vote? Yep, a Traveller.

The Traveller is currently telling us that the segment affected the most by the last recession were the Travellers. She talked about all the cuts to Travellers. Funny that she is not mentioning the amount of jobs that Travellers lost during the recession, but she's on and on about all the cuts that the Travellers endured ..... cuts to their education, cuts to their accommodation etc.

Well done RTE. We pretty much expected an attack on the Peter Casey vote, and having a Traveller on during the early count stages to talk about the support that Casey got just goes to show your contempt for workers/contributors in Ireland.
    RTE do not even hide their partiality anymore. Expect more of the same by them in the coming days, with of course, racist/bigoted innuendos all over the place.

Blazer wrote: »
    Matt Cooper is a wanker of the highest order

I would love to see the 21% Casey vote launch a boycott on companies that advertise during the Matt Cooper show.
    Matt's policy is either to have a liberal view on all things politics/social or have no voice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I would love to see the 21% Casey vote launch a boycott on companies that advertise during the Matt Cooper show.
    Matt's policy is either to have a liberal view on all things politics/social or have no voice at all.

Do you think this 21% is some type of organised movement or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

namloc1980 wrote: »

No such luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the feck are you on (about)? The people who voted Casey did so for various reasons (not MDH, a protest vote, for a laugh/shake it up, anti-traveller sentiment and that just the obvious reasons). They are not a cohesive hive mind block who can be lead by the nose, which is also why Casey himself has little future in politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Some apologist for traveller crimes on morning Ireland at the moment.

Disgusting to hear ppl apologising for criminality and anti social behaviour.

Sorry

namloc1980 wrote: »

My hope is that the beginnings of such a movement is in there somewhere.

The Irish welfare state as it currently stands is not sustainable.

When you have able-bodied men and women who can work but choose not to, but still they have a higher standard of living than a lot of working people; well then, there is something inherently wrong with that concept. That model will collapse. It has to.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What the feck are you on (about)? The people who voted Casey did so for various reasons (not MDH, a protest vote, for a laugh/shake it up, anti-traveller sentiment and that just the obvious reasons). They are not a cohesive hive mind block who can be lead by the nose, which is also why Casey himself has little future in politics.

My mother in law voted for Casey specifically because she didn't agree with Michael D running for a 2nd term. Literally had no understanding of the other stuff about Casey or his comments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

I didn't like any of the candidates to be honest, this is the first time in years I didn't bother voting

Advertisement