Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Exit Poll

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

omega man wrote: »
    Shocked at coopers comment that Casey is the big story. It must be killing him.

However I’m extremely alarmed by his follow up. Is that the mentality in the media? Shape the public opinion not simply report it?
    A jumped up disc jockey .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

@Grayson

It's been explained on this thread multiple times why people including myself voted for Casey and it's not the reason you gave above. Instead of telling us why we did something, how about actually listen/read about why we did something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

It always in parts amuses/terrifies me to see people rally around a wealthy person who criticises (regardless of validity) the poor, without any concept of the inherent danger or irony involved.

I like to focus on the messenger at least a little, not just the message.

Also, this whole talk of the ‘PC brigade’ really pisses me off. I prefer to think of it as more a, ‘stop being an arsehole’ movement. Maybe if we all (as I include myself in this) tried to be more tolerant in voicing our intolerances we wouldn’t need to revert to dog whistle references and grand sweeping generalisations.

Klonker wrote: »
    It's been explained on this thread multiple times why people including myself voted for Casey and it's not the reason you gave above. Instead of telling us why we did something, how about actually listen/read about why we voted for Casey.

are you offering to listen with similar intent to the 80% of voters that didnt?

if not, why not?

why is the 20% tail proposed to wag the dog here, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Grayson wrote: »
    Really the only qualifications we should be looking for is how they talk and act. They will be a representative for Ireland around the world. Their opinion on travellers shouldn't matter a bit as to how they do the job.

I will say that although Casey's opinions don't matter, voicing them and how he voices them does matter.

It was a cynical and desperate attempt to bring attention to himself in the dying weeks of the campaign by singling out some easy targets. Needless to say his "sheep" took the bait. The role of president should involve some gravitas - it's not about making comments about welfare recipients.

• Advertisement

All I've heard the 80% say is why the 20% are racist and wrong and stupid.

Who did you vote for and why so?

mdh

because hes been a fine president and had a track record for the role that far outshone the other candidates

i havent heard 80% of people say any one thing, strange how you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

pjohnson wrote: »
    I'm more interested in what you had for breakfast. LSD and coke?

Anadins and Coke, better kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

The real big story of this election is that 70 to 80% of the population didn't think any of them were worth voting for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Voted MDH. Out of all the candidates, he is the most qualified for the job in question.

Qualified at p1ssing away tax payers money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I'll bite. For a start, because he's spent his political life espousing progressive political causes and secondly becuase he understands the constitutional role of the office

• Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

So what you're saying is that 80% of the people think that what Casey said was racist and that the people who voted for him are racist.

mdh

because hes been a fine president and had a track record for the role that far outshone the other candidates

i havent heard 80% of people say any one thing, strange how you have.

So there's no posters on here calling Casey voters racists snd ignorant and how we were tricked into voting for him but are too stupid to realise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Charmeleon

if not, why not?

why is the 20% tail proposed to wag the dog here, exactly?

Because 99.9999999% of the people dragging Casey over the coals the last few weeks would never in a million years allow their kids to go trick-or-treating around their local halting site but are pretending to everyone else that they would.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Makes me sick the scum of the Labour party are in the Aras again. Make no mistake their time is up, after Higgins they are finished.

[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is that 80% of the people think that what Casey said was racist and that the people who voted for him are racist.[/quote]

I'm saying there are posters in this thread that voted with 80% of the population in the vote that are calling Casey supporters racist and/or stupid, including yourself.

So what you're saying is that 80% of the people think that what Casey said was racist and that the people who voted for him are racist.[/quote]

I'm saying there are posters in this thread that voted with 80% of the population in the vote that are calling Casey supporters racist and/or stupid, including yourself.[/quote]

so thats quite different really isnt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Charmeleon wrote: »
    Because 99.9999999% of the people dragging Casey over the coals the last few weeks would never in a million years allow their kids to go trick-or-treating around their local halting site but are pretending to everyone else that they would.

i

i dont see where youve made an argument as to why caseys 20% share of the vote marks out a case for everyone to listen to casey voters as if they were a majority

i see where youve said something about travellers.

i just amnt sure what eh what that was to do with the question

or, indeed, yknow the eh..the eh...presidency?

so thats quite different really isnt it

You understood what I meant. I obviously didn't talk to 80% of all voters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Qualified at p1ssing away tax payers money!

In le Irish bitter, er spricht "Uachtaran na hEireaaann" in pompous gaeilge.

What I wonder is, if MDH got another term and kicked the bucket within a year, would the runner up automatically step in. like the US vice-pres ?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Debtocracy

Well done Billy Crystal

Tomk1 wrote: »

What I wonder is, if MDH got another term and kicked the bucket within a year, would the runner up automatically step in. like the US vice-pres ?

Eh... No.

i

i dont see where youve made an argument as to why caseys 20% share of the vote marks out a case for everyone to listen to casey voters as if they were a majority

i see where youve said something about travellers.

i just amnt sure what eh what that was to do with the question

or, indeed, yknow the eh..the eh...presidency?

Don't you understand, it's not about travellers, it's about the system, except for when it's about travellers.

464710.png

On Late Debate - @bridsmithTD talking about Casey’s Traveller nonsense. “Last year the entire budget for Traveller Accommodation was €12m - we gave the horse racing industry €67m”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Try_harder wrote: »
    On Late Debate - @bridsmithTD talking about Casey’s Traveller nonsense. “Last year the entire budget for Traveller Accommodation was €12m - we gave the horse racing industry €67m”

Well, I suppose travellers and the horse racing industry have one thing in common - neither of them pay tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Tomk1 wrote: »

Its people like you that make me questing whether universal suffrage maybe needs a wee bit of tweaking

In the spirit of this non-pc "Tell it like it is" world, this exit poll proves what I believed: AH, is dominated by selfish xenophobic racists.

Your dictionary mightn't define you as a racist, I am.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Maybe just maybe people pissed off these people breaking into houses etc and beyond the law. A lot have had exp. CASEY TY

Advertisement