Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Is anyone here familiar with strategy guides? I'd like to get some but it seems that there's multiple official ones for each game. Is there a database I wonder? Similar to the Discogs website for music releases. If not I may need to venture into forums for the series.

It's probably more effort than it's worth so may just get whichever guide for each game though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Where would be the best place to pick up original Xbox controllers either online or in a shop?

I'm living in Cork.

Thanks

Luap wrote: »
    Where would be the best place to pick up original Xbox controllers either online or in a shop?

I'm living in Cork.

Thanks
    CEX were quite reasonable for OG XBox controllers when i was looking a few months back
    https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=sxbxscoe001&categoryName=xbox-accessories&superCatName=gaming&title=xbox-s-controller
    https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=sxbxcone001&categoryName=xbox-accessories&superCatName=gaming&title=xbox-official-controller
    None in stock in the Cork stores right now but they have stock online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Luap wrote: »

I'm living in Cork.

Thanks

There's the shop on North Main Street across from MMMAD that sell retro gaming stuff, they have a display on their front window, the rest is cookware and homeware stuff I think.

But be warned they're probably overpriced.

Doge wrote: »
    There's the shop on North Main Street across from MMMAD that sell retro gaming stuff, they have a display on their front window, the rest is cookware and homeware stuff I think.

But be warned they're probably overpriced.

Now, I'm not one to speculate but there has to be something pretty shady going on in there. They've been open on north main st for 6+ years and ive never once seen someone buy something in there. He has no interest in charging a reasonable price for the stuff, how they're still open is beyond me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I was at revival in the UK last weekend - here's some pics for anyone interested: https://photos.app.goo.gl/owwdB7JuWaJGejuG6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I was at revival in the UK last weekend - here's some pics for anyone interested: https://photos.app.goo.gl/owwdB7JuWaJGejuG6

Using composite - oh the horror!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Now, I'm not one to speculate but there has to be something pretty shady going on in there. They've been open on north main st for 6+ years and ive never once seen someone buy something in there. He has no interest in charging a reasonable price for the stuff, how they're still open is beyond me
    In Cork? Got Kula World in there for e20 I think, was pretty much the same online at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anybody else constantly annoyed by all the resellers on Adverts? They buy up cheap stuff, usually game bundles etc, and put it up for sale a day or two after for multiples of what they bought it for. The same people often act the fake good samaritans on other ads and do the whole 'You should be selling that for more' on ads they were too late seeing to be first in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Heads up that Strictly Limited Games will be offering a physical version of Ultracore for US and EU Mega Drives in about...20 minutes? That's such short notice.

In Cork? Got Kula World in there for e20 I think, was pretty much the same online at the time
    Yeah, in Cork. That's a great price for Kula World. Any time i've been in there the last couple of years he just picks the Highest BIN price on eBay and won't budge if you try to haggle. Maybe he just doesn't like me:pac:

Heads up that Strictly Limited Games will be offering a physical version of Ultracore for US and EU Mega Drives in about...20 minutes? That's such short notice.

Didn't realise I wanted this. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Didn't realise I wanted this. Cheers!
    First wave has been sold out, but there will be another one tomorrow afternoon.

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/all

First wave has been sold out, but there will be another one tomorrow afternoon.

I was able to get one of the EU copies. Strange they went the PAL optimization route but it's all the one to me really.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Was literally only wondering the other day if the rom has been dumped and that I'd love a physical copy! Will keep an eye out today to see if any more become available.

That's really annoying about the EU version being PAL opimised by the way, not sure which version to go with now.

The EU box looks better, although it's a pretty naff bit of box art/logo either way, so might just go US version.

Yeah, in Cork. That's a great price for Kula World. Any time i've been in there the last couple of years he just picks the Highest BIN price on eBay and won't budge if you try to haggle. Maybe he just doesn't like me:pac:
    I was only lucky the once tbf, I think I mentioned online prices the second time and he was pure "buy it online so" but there's a few like Enable Ireland or something is there so I just went there for a gawk, tbf I usually got clothes instead

Master of the Universe

o1s1n wrote: »
    Was literally only wondering the other day if the rom has been dumped and that I'd love a physical copy! Will keep an eye out today to see if any more become available.

That's really annoying about the EU version being PAL opimised by the way, not sure which version to go with now.

The EU box looks better, although it's a pretty naff bit of box art/logo either way, so might just go US version.

Wehey! Managed to get a US copy.

Orders are currently open if anyone is interested, last lot sold out in 5 minutes.

Edit - wow, US version sold out by the time I'd posted this, 2 minutes :D

That's crazy, looks like they've way underestimated the demand.
    I'd love to see more publishers resurrect these lost titles. Hopefully a few more will stand up and take notice after seeing how well Ultracore has done.

Anyone know of any websites doing posters? Very mixed stuff on eBay, mostly desktop wallpapers being blown up to living room size.

Also any high Res arcade flyers?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

There was a hi res wallpaper thread on Neogaf that had some really decent printable images. Might still be there?

Printed off a few years ago on snapfish and they came out well. Still have an Okami A3 print on canvas up.

I see Dead Rising on PS4 is €5.99 on the PS store. Clunky gameplay and painfully stupid AI, but it's a bit of fun. Might download it later. Doesn't seem like it was popular at all though, not released physically in Europe and very few posts about it online.
    There was a hi res wallpaper thread on Neogaf that had some really decent printable images. Might still be there?

Printed off a few years ago on snapfish and they came out well. Still have an Okami A3 print on canvas up.

Thanks I'll have a look. Can't find many gaming posters, mostly magazine ads being sold for €20-30...If I can't find any good promotional images or wallpapers I may just use some high Res box art and see about getting them printed with something like Snapfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Dead Rising 1 and 2 are the good ones everything after that is best avoided from what I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Nice A E S T H E T I C but from what I'm reading the gameplays a bit bland as you'd expect trying to dabble in so many genres.

Master of the Universe

Looks lovely but yeah, games like this end up being a jack of all trades, master of none kind of thing.

Shame, as visually there's a lot of potential in there. Just pick a genre and do something great with it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks lovely but yeah, games like this end up being a jack of all trades, master of none kind of thing.

Shame, as visually there's a lot of potential in there. Just pick a genre and do something great with it!

Looks like the contents of one of my dodgy CD-Rs for the Amiga CD32!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Dead Rising 1 and 2 are the good ones everything after that is best avoided from what I hear.

DR1 is great but feeling old now, and the "off the record" number 2 is much better than the original DR2.

DR3 had some great things going for it, but they messed some stuff up, and DR4 was kinda meh.

Loved the idea behind the "psycho" bosses, great fun :)

Owner of Retrogaming . ie stepping back if anyone's interested in it, theyre looking for someone to take over https://www.facebook.com/708939615821992/posts/2302599783122626/
    So I've decided to take a step back from RetroGaming.ie. If there's any retro gaming fans out there interested in taking over RetroGaming.ie, send the page a PM. Along with this page we have a website with an online shop, a rental service for private events and gaming conventions, appearing in venues like the Convention Center and RDS every year, retro gaming tournaments in the likes of The Back Page and Token, and the social media accounts. It's been really cool doing this over the last few years but it's time for me to pass it on to someone who can commit more time to it. Thanks to everyone who's enjoyed the page and to everyone that's come along to the tournaments and conventions I've been at. Hopefully we can pass this on to another retro gaming fan! Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

Advertisement