Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

It is so "normal" to think that it took 13 years to come up with this potential suspect. Honestly.

Letters referred to everywhere, but not delivered. Why not courier the letter to the Leicester Police and have them deliver it to Rothley where McCanns live (or lived). Well I suppose Leicester is in lock down now so no chances will be taken now I suppose.

So the saga goes on.

I'd get a delivery from Amazon.De quicker than that letter. lol.

UK police have been ignoring the guy for 13 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    limnam wrote: »
    UK police have been ignoring the guy for 13 years.

As have the Portugese police.

Which shows just how inept they have been from the very beginning.

Well they were lied to from the moment they arrived on the scene.

Saying that, it was the Portuguese police who provided the info to the UK who did fck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Yes I agree about Scotland Yard and Leicester Police there.

Yes I agree about Scotland Yard and Leicester Police there.

The MET were even ruling out certain avenues of investigation.

While they also did fck all with what could be important leads.

But it's the Portuguese police that fcked up :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Well that is received wisdom anyway, carefully placed in the public eye. Nothing could rehabilitate them ever after that.

Meanwhile the Met, Scotland Yard, Leicester Police, well....what can I say about their investigations.

But anyway it will forever be blamed on the Portuguese Police.

So glad Amaral won his case. English Exceptionalism doesn't always work does it.

But the little girl is still missing. That is the tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,965 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I don't suppose it has occurred to you, that the reason Amaral predicted that CB would become a person of interest was because Amaral was aware of his previous extradition from Portugal on pedophile charges and knew that others would eventually be on to what perhaps he himself suspected?
    A Scotland Yard detective who lived next door to Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner is working with Portuguese police to find the missing three-year-old, it was sensationally claimed today.

I thought this case couldn't possibly get any weirder but this is ridiculous.

Well that is received wisdom anyway, carefully placed in the public eye. Nothing could rehabilitate them ever after that.

Meanwhile the Met, Scotland Yard, Leicester Police, well....what can I say about their investigations.

But anyway it will forever be blamed on the Portuguese Police.

So glad Amaral won his case. English Exceptionalism doesn't always work does it.

But the little girl is still missing. That is the tragedy.

It did cost the public 750k of heard earned though.

So many people could have benefited from that waste

cnocbui wrote: »
    I don't suppose it has occurred to you, that the reason Amaral predicted that CB would become a person of interest was because Amaral was aware of his previous extradition from Portugal on pedophile charges and knew that others would eventually be on to what perhaps he himself suspected?

Considering they past it on _13_ years ago.

I guess he did.

Why he said 12 _months_ ago he'd be stitched.

Thats not so obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Definitely.

Sec offenders are always of interest.

But people creaming themselves over a drunken slur in a pub. Not so much.

When the same people were very quick to find solutions for much more interesting predicaments.

What could be a more interesting predicament in this particular scenario? I would think that this is a much stronger line of inquiry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

The Portugese police - from the beginning - were out to protect the integrity of their tourism value.

Nothing more.

The fact that they left their kids alone was a bonus for Amaral, giving him the ammo to advance this nonsense.

He's an absolute cretin of a human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

The fact that they left their kids alone was a bonus for Amaral, giving him the ammo to advance this nonsense.

The fact that they neglected to care for their children ranks them higher up the likelihood they were responsible for her death. Directly or indirectly. Amaral is obviously a fool all the same.

What could be a more interesting predicament in this particular scenario? I would think that this is a much stronger line of inquiry.

When the news came out regarding the drunking slurr.

There was little else known. Bar he was a child rapist.

Creaming began.

So when you compare that to the hundreds of problems that's been brought up over the years. That's fck all. But it didn't stop the cheer leaders creaming themselves.

Considering they past it on _13_ years ago.

I guess he did.

Why he said 12 _months_ ago he'd be stitched.

Thats not so obvious.

It’s highly likely that the investigation into CB would have been ongoing for some time before it was publicly announced he was a suspect. The German police would be acutely aware of the coverage around this case and would want to make sure that they had their ducks in a row because they know that conspiracy theorists will trawl over everything they saw and rip it out of context so this case would have been ongoing for a long time.
    With that in mind, the German police would have been in regular contact with the Portuguese police where Amaral still has contacts considering he worked there for x years. Consequently, it wouldn’t be unusual for him to have been privy to that info before it was announced.

The Portugese police - from the beginning - were out to protect the integrity of their tourism value.

Nothing more.

Since you have no proof of that, I can also say that the British Police did not investigate this either, for similar reasons, well maybe protection of a certain family anyway. Bizarre whatever way you look at it.

But from what I know Amaral won his case against the McCanns anyway.

So much money spent on litigation. But there we are.

Amaral is actually a stronger suspect than the McCanns.

Since you have no proof of that, I can also say that the British Police did not investigate this either, for similar reasons, well maybe protection of a certain family anyway. Bizarre whatever way you look at it.

But from what I know Amaral won his case against the McCanns anyway.

So much money spent on litigation. But there we are.

He didn’t win his case. The McCanns won their case against him and then lost on appeal. The first case was in their favour.

Nothing more.

If they were not fed a pack of lies from the moment they arrived. If he was protecting anything, he wouldn't have been able to if they were told the truth from the off.

Then I guess they convinced ex British police to come on board and help with their plight to save their tourist industry

And it's the anti McCanns that are the conspiracy theorists.

When the news came out regarding the drunking slurr.

There was little else known. Bar he was a child rapist.

Creaming began.

So when you compare that to the hundreds of problems that's been brought up over the years. That's fck all. But it didn't stop the cheer leaders creaming themselves.

CB and Amaral are the strongest suspects in this case. Both convicted of a crime, lived in the same area, possibly have met each other in the past.

He didn’t win his case. The McCanns won their case against him and then lost on appeal. The first case was in their favour.

So they lost then.

• Advertisement

If they were not fed a pack of lies from the moment they arrived. If he was protecting anything, he wouldn't have been able to if they were told the truth from the off.

Then I guess they convinced ex British police to come on board and help with their plight to save their tourist industry

And it's the anti McCanns that are the conspiracy theorists.

That’s a conspiracy theory within itself.

So they lost then.

It was a draw. One all

CB and Amaral are the strongest suspects in this case. Both convicted of a crime, lived in the same area, possibly have met each other in the past.

Hot of the press.
    Amaral new suspect in McCann case.

I think you should leave the conspiracy theories to the "other side"

It was a draw. One all

Amaral is 750k up.

He did win on appeal obviously.

Semantics and a smidgeon of desperation there. Honestly WTAF are you on about? Amaral won, they lost. Get over it.

Hot of the press.
    Amaral new suspect in McCann case.

I think you should leave the conspiracy theories to the "other side"

He was convicted of perjury. It was around a case where a child went missing 2 years before Madeline.

That makes him a serious suspect in anyone’s eyes.

He did win on appeal obviously.

Semantics and a smidgeon of desperation there. Honestly WTAF are you on about? Amaral won, they lost. Get over it.

He didn’t win because he didn’t take the case. The onus is on the applicant to prove their case

Amaral doesn’t need to prove his innocence, same way the McCanns don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Anyone who condemns the morals of the McCanns and then holds convicted criminal and liar Amaral up as some beacon of truth need to have a word with themselves :pac:

So

New line.

Where was this Amaral guy between 5.30pm and 10 pm on the night in question.

• Advertisement

Anyone who condemns the morals of the McCanns and then holds convicted criminal and liar Amaral up as some beacon of truth need to have a word with themselves :pac:

Did he leave a 3yr old alone to be raped and murdered?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement