Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

callmehal wrote: »
    Welcome to ignore. Slán leat.

Which means I won and you lost.

• Site Banned Posts: 461 ✭✭callmehal

Accident happened, parents hid body
    SusieBlue wrote: »
    Where did I imply I believe they should be praised?

No one cares about the checks because the checks don’t let them off the hook for anything, the point remains the same - they never should have left them alone, even if they were checking on them.
    They have received dogs abuse for this stupid choice and everyone has been fully aware since the early days of 2007 of what they did, they never hid it.

So they covered up nothing and got away with nothing. Their choice to leave the children has been discussed, criticised and condemned ad nauseam, so they must have done a pretty piss poor job of their ‘cover up’ if that’s the case.

Yes, they did a piss poor job of their cover up. Even hindering the search for Madeleine. Leaving their kids on their own was bad enough but they compounded it! It's sickening really.

Of course, the checks are important by the way. Timelines in all this is very important. To try to cover their own backs with their lies hurt the investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Yes, they did a piss poor job of their cover up. Even hindering the search for Madeleine. Leaving their kids on their own was bad enough but they compounded it! It's sickening really.

Of course, the checks are important by the way. Timelines in all this is very important. To try to cover their own backs with their lies hurt the investigation.

The neutrality in this post is astounding!

I'll ask again, which theories do you wish me to discuss that I haven't discussed before? You'll have to clarify which subject I haven't discussed exactly, as it's a really long thread and there's been numerous theories in which I have partaken in discussions about.

If you have a particular one I haven't covered, by all means, hit me with it, my Swiss friend! :)

Not meaning to be disrespectful but I haven't paid much attention to your posts so I've no clue what you have posted about previously.

We were discussing the German peado and the possibilities from this angle.

The neutrality in this post is astounding!

What do you mean? The poster and I were agreeing on the neglect of the McCanns of their kids. You agree with this also I presume?

That has nothing to do with saying they are guilty of Madeleines death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Nah sorry, you have no evidence there that supports your theory that they covered anything up. It just isn’t washing. Unless you can support your claims with evidence you really shouldn’t make them.

Not meaning to be disrespectful but I haven't paid much attention to your posts so I've no clue what you have posted about previously.

We were discussing the German peado and the possibilities from this angle.

You paid enough attention to call me out on only discussing the McCanns. You then suggested this thread should only be used by those posting in a neutral manner.

Let me tell you, t'would be a scant thread if that was the criteria for posting, your own contributions included!

Nah sorry, you have no evidence there that supports your theory that they covered anything up. It just isn’t washing. Unless you can support your claims with evidence you really shouldn’t make them.

Eh? You're claiming the tapas crew were telling the truth on the timelines. You got any proof of that?

You paid enough attention to call me out on only discussing the McCanns. You then suggested this thread should only be used by those posting in a neutral manner.

Let me tell you, t'would be a scant thread if that was the criteria for posting, your own contributions included!

So you just want to discuss the McCanns didn't do it. The German peado? Any other suspects?

Eh? You're claiming the tapas crew were telling the truth on the timelines. You got any proof of that?

Quote where I mentioned the tapas group or the timeline, or take back that comment.

You said that the McCanns were trying to cover up their neglect, you have provided no proof whatsoever to back this up apart from your own opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Something Else
    You are being deliberately argumentative, where did I say that they shouldn’t get dogs abuse?

The irony of people trying to say they covered it up and got away with it while they also acknowledge that they have been abused, harassed and condemned by both the public and the press for over 13 years isn’t lost on me. They got away with nothing.

I’m not being deliberately argumentative. It’s a valid question. Any abuse they’ve had for neglect of their 3 babies they have brought on themselves. It makes me so angry to think of their neglect. I’ve children myself and could never imagine treating my children like that. I do think they got away with it because they have never been prosecuted legally for it.

I’m not being deliberately argumentative. It’s a valid question. Any abuse they’ve had for neglect of their 3 babies they have brought on themselves. It makes me so angry to think of their neglect. I’ve children myself and could never imagine treating my children like that. I do think they got away with it because they have never been prosecuted legally for it.

And at what point do you say enough is enough and stop twisting the knife?
    There are criminals who have been convicted of doing the most vile, abhorrent, unimaginable things to children who haven’t had even close to the same amount of vitriol directed at them.
    They are soon forgotten about but it’s been over a decade and on top of losing their child, people still seem to think the McCanns haven’t suffered enough.
    I would personally rather go to jail than endure 13+ years of the relentless abuse, nastiness, and criticism that has been directed at them.

Their life has been ruined and it will never be the same again. They will never recover from this.
    That is more than enough punishment for me, I don’t see the need to rub salt in the wound by adding a legal conviction to the mix as well.

So you just want to discuss the McCanns didn't do it. The German peado? Any other suspects?

Now, now, we can do this all day....just because you state all I want to discuss is the McCanns, does not make it thus.

The McCanns are an integral part of this sorry tale, so of course they will be discussed within the thread. If you feel they should be erased from the discussion, you post away with all and sundry theories you feel are relevant and continue being your best 'neutral' self.

I've discussed the German suspect numerous times, maybe you missed it as by your own admission, you weren't paying attention to my posts, however when someone else discussed another suspect, you put them on ignore! Let's not continue with the charade that you have some overwhelming desire to discuss other suspects, shall we? ;)

Something Else
    And at what point do you say enough is enough and stop twisting the knife?
    There are criminals who have been convicted of doing the most vile, abhorrent, unimaginable things to children who haven’t had even close to the same amount of vitriol directed at them.
    They are soon forgotten about but it’s been over a decade and on top of losing their child, people still seem to think the McCanns haven’t suffered enough.
    I would personally rather go to jail than endure 13+ years of the relentless abuse, nastiness, and criticism that has been directed at them.

Their life has been ruined and it will never be the same again. They will never recover from this.
    That is more than enough punishment for me, I don’t see the need to rub salt in the wound by adding a legal conviction to the mix as well.

The difference between these other criminals and the McCanns is that the McCanns are Madeleines parents. Her mammy and daddy who should have been the very people to protect her from anything or anybody harmful. They didn’t do that though and I do think they should have been prosecuted. Shocking and so sad what they did.

Can’t prove a negative

The difference between these other criminals and the McCanns is that the McCanns are Madeleines parents. Her mammy and daddy who should have been the very people to protect her from anything or anybody harmful. They didn’t do that though and I do think they should have been prosecuted. Shocking and so sad what they did.

Prosecuted for what?

Quote where I mentioned the tapas group or the timeline, or take back that comment.

You said that the McCanns were trying to cover up their neglect, you have provided no proof whatsoever to back this up apart from your own opinion.

That's what I was discussing. Sorry if you couldn't keep up.

You have provided no proof to say that they were telling the truth about the timelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Prosecuted for what?

Negligence would have been a good start

Something Else
    Prosecuted for what?

Neglect of their children for several nights in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

But if you factor in the fact that Gerry was out playing tennis from 6pm to 7pm that evening, that narrows down the timeline even further.

This gives them a time frame of exactly 1.5 hours to hatch a plan, dispose of her body, clean up, get ready for dinner and leave the apartment for dinner.

Gerry's whereabouts were again accounted for at around 9pm by independent witness Jeremy Wilkins, who chatted to him at the steps of the apartment for around 5-10 minutes and says he left to go back to the restaurant afterwards.

Logistically, it would be very difficult, almost impossible in fact, to have carried out such a sophisticated cover-up and disposal in the allotted time frame. To the point of accuracy that she has never been located to this day.

I simply have never heard one counter argument that can explain, in any credible way, how, when, where or why they could have done it.

Let’s play devils advocate. Okay so who verifies that Gerry was at the Tennis Court? Why did he send David Payne to check on his wife and kids (but weird but not out of the ordinary, Gerry said David was there for 30 mins but his wife Kate said 30 servings ( that’sa huge discrepancy)

Gerry was spotted at 9pm which would make a great alibi then the Smith sighting was later then the Tanner sighting. Could that have been Gerry after he got his alibi by having a conversation with Wilkins? There’s a timeframe if Gerrys tennis can’t be verified outside of his immediate Tapas friends. So say from 5:30-10pm that’s a solid timeframe if they had someone else involved ie: CB ( The horrible job he was quoted from his ex) Now that’s devils advocate and just a quick thought process. Not saying it’s right or wrong but a way it could happen.

• Advertisement

Now, now, we can do this all day....just because you state all I want to discuss is the McCanns, does not make it thus.

The McCanns are an integral part of this sorry tale, so of course they will be discussed within the thread. If you feel they should be erased from the discussion, you post away with all and sundry theories you feel are relevant and continue being your best 'neutral' self.

I've discussed the German suspect numerous times, maybe you missed it as by your own admission, you weren't paying attention to my posts, however when someone else discussed another suspect, you put them on ignore! Let's not continue with the charade that you have some overwhelming desire to discuss other suspects, shall we? ;)

Still no discussion on other suspects. Always bringing it back to the McCanns. You're basically proving me correct. Thanks. :)

That's what I was discussing. Sorry if you couldn't keep up.

You have provided no proof to say that they were telling the truth about the timelines.

I mentioned nothing about timelines, so that’s a complete red herring to deflect from the actual conversation on your part.
    We were discussing the McCanns covering up their neglect, of which you’ve provided no evidence to support.
    That’s ok if you don’t have any, let’s just move on now.

Fine then. Other parents have been actually been convicted of committing the most horrific crimes against their children. Physical, sexual, and emotional abuse, to put it lightly.
    These parents haven’t received anywhere near the amount of vitriol directed at them that the McCanns have.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,863 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Do you believe the tens of thousands of parents of children worldwide who drown, should also be prosecuted, as well as those who die as a result of preventable accidents?

cnocbui wrote: »
    Do you believe the tens of thousands of parents of children worldwide who drown, should also be prosecuted, as well as those who die as a result of preventable accidents?

always with these bizzare comparisons.

If you leave 3 kids under 4 alone in an unlocked apartment while you go out drinking

You should be done for neglect.

Regardless of who falls on a sking slope.

Can't believe this continually has to be explained to you.

Neglect of their children for several nights in a row.

That’s not neglect

That’s not neglect

Child neglect is a form of child abuse,[1] and is a deficit in meeting a child's basic needs, including the failure to provide adequate supervision

Something Else
    That’s not neglect

Yes it most certainly is.

13 years on and we're still covering the basics of child neglect.

• Advertisement

limnam wrote: »
    Child neglect is a form of child abuse,[1] and is a deficit in meeting a child's basic needs, including the failure to provide adequate supervision

Wrong. Still not neglect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement