Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Oh why outfight accuse when you can underhandedly suggest, provoke and infer instead.

It’s much easier to get away with posting unfounded and ridiculous shlte that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Oh why outfight accuse when you can underhandedly suggest, provoke and infer instead.

It’s much easier to get away with posting unfounded and ridiculous shlte that way.

You're right.

There is anger in the air :)

Well done for admitting it :)

Well done for admitting it :)

Anything for you chicken :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

limnam wrote: »
    Never accursed them of anything bar neglect.. *shrug*

My heart goes out to the McCanns. Horrible comments were made here and elsewhere against them. If they were less than extremely careful ( and I don't say they were) it wasn't a hanging offence, and did not call for the awful price paid, as some have come close to suggesting. Some posters have shown an utter lack of compassion, sensitivity, humanity and empathy. I wonder what the purpose of this thread was, other than to allow some frustrated detectives to indulge their sleuthing talents at the expense of respect for the feelings of the parents who have been through hell. I can only conclude that either some of those who have commented have no experience of the burden of responsibity of raising children or consider their egos more important than the McCann family's loss.
    There was worse. If I found myself in that situation I would do anything to find my child, including giving a tabloid exclusive rights to my story if I thought it would help. What came of that? Rags that were miffed at being excluded excoriated the McCanns. Appalled, but not surprised.
    Some people should examine their consciences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I agree with everyone saying Madeline McCann's parents were somehow involved.
    The bit that really irks me is to do with the other two children. They went out and left 3 tiny children on their own in a foreign country, but because they were both doctors and seen as 'upper class' nothing was ever done.
    I'm sure if an unemployed couple from a council estate had done the same thing their other children would have been taken into care almost immediately.

That's right. Make that unfortunate couple a pawn in a bloody class war. :rolleyes:

The parents did it
    If this Pedophile in a German prison is found to be responsible for the disappearance of Madeline McCann, I hope all those people who falsely accused and in some cases, made life a living hell for the parents, hang there heads in shame.

For me, early indications about this suspect seem promising on shedding light on what really happened.
    cnocbui wrote: »
    A young girl in the UK was kidnapped from her bath while her mother was cooking supper in the Kitchen. Thousands, upon thousands of children have died, usually by drowning, while there parents were on the premises. Given how incredibly rare an incident like this is - there only ever being one, in many, many millions of holidays down the decades - I for one don't blame the parents at all. Engaging in holier than thou superiority, courtesy of hindsight, is cheap and easy.

Not leaving young children alone be it day or night is responsible parenting.

Leaving young children alone in a holiday apartment while you go out and consume alcohol in a group is downright bad parenting.

Did they deserve the worst case scenario? Of course not. No parent does but Jesus, to suggest they don't carry some responsibility is ridiculous.

At least one adult should have been present, simple as. No ifs or buts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Not leaving young children alone be it day or night is responsible parenting.

Leaving young children alone in a holiday apartment while you go out and consume alcohol in a group is downright bad parenting.

Did they deserve the worst case scenario? Of course not. No parent does but Jesus, to suggest they don't carry some responsibility is ridiculous.

At least one adult should have been present, simple as. No ifs or buts.

Yeah we all know it was irresponsible to leave the kids alone, I don’t see why this needs to be repeated every few posts as if it’s some brands new fresh conclusion that hasn’t been mentioned constantly in every single conversation on every single platform about this case since the very minute it happened.

I’m sure Kate & Gerry know they made a horrific error of judgment and they’ll pay for that mistake for the rest of their living days, it is possible to discuss the case without saying ‘but they shouldn’t have left the kids alone’ every two seconds. We know they shouldn’t have left them alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Accident happened, parents hid body
    But the McCanns are open season.

Okay.... :pac:

Plenty of evidence they did it, absolutely none for the German.

feargale wrote: »
    Some posters have shown an utter lack of compassion, sensitivity, humanity and empathy.

Sounds more like the McCann's than anyone on this thread.

It's hard to find empathy for someone when they're spending their time drinking brandy with a pedophile laughing and joking how the dogs the public spent a lot of money on to try help find their daughter wouldn't be able to be used in evidence against them.

I don't particularly care about the McCann's. I care about their poor innocent child who was left alone in a foreign country while their parents skulked GnT.

Maybe if they've had some of the above we're all lacking here this wouldn't have happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Sounds more like the McCann's than anyone on this thread.

It's hard to find empathy for someone when they're spending their time drinking brandy with a pedophile laughing and joking how the dogs the public spent a lot of money on to try help find their daughter wouldn't be able to be used in evidence against them.

I don't particularly care about the McCann's. I care about their poor innocent child who was left alone in a foreign country while their parents skulked GnT.

Maybe if they've had some of the above we're all lacking here this wouldn't have happened.

Sorry, I’m a bit behind here. Drinking brandy with a pedophile and laughing about dogs and evidence?? What’s this?

TheW1zard wrote: »

I’d love to hear this evidence.

I’d love to hear this evidence.

Where do I start!?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Where do I start!?

With the evidence.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

Rock77 wrote: »
    Sorry, I’m a bit behind here. Drinking brandy with a pedophile and laughing about dogs and evidence?? What’s this?

You haven't read Mrs McCann's book then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Rock77 wrote: »

It’s a sample of 12 years of myths and legends about the McCanns. Imagine knowing people are making this stuff up about you and knowing that your twins are getting older and they’re soon going to be reading this, and you’ll be having to explain this.
    But people like this poster seem to actually want the twins to suffer. It’s either a kind of sadism or just a further way of persecuting the McCanns, which remains a blood sport of such.

splinter65 wrote: »
    It’s a sample of 12 years of myths and legends about the McCanns. Imagine knowing people are making this stuff up about you and knowing that your twins are getting older and they’re soon going to be reading this, and you’ll be having to explain this.
    But people like this poster seem to actually want the twins to suffer. It’s either a kind of sadism or just a further way of persecuting the McCanns, which remains a blood sport of such.

How can it be a myth when she wrote it in her own book?

Are you suggesting she's a liar?

I’m really interested to see your evidence. Even in bullet points, can you possibly show us this evidence.
    Especially as two separate police forces including 100s of detectives seem to have completely missed it.

With the evidence.

How about the forensic evidence in the apartment and hire car for starters.

This would only be considered evidence if the car was owned by a German pedophile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,915 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No relevant forensic evidence was found in either location.

How can it be a myth when she wrote it in her own book?

Are you suggesting she's a liar?

“It's hard to find empathy for someone when they're spending their time drinking brandy with a pedophile laughing and joking how the dogs the public spent a lot of money on to try help find their daughter wouldn't be able to be used in evidence against them.”

Can you point out the chapter in her book where she describes their experience with Freud in this manner.
    Please be aware I have that book.
    Maybe you can copy and paste that but so we can all read it.
    Is it not a fact that because it suits you, you choose to interpret her description in this manner?
    I note that you don’t dispute any of my allegations. That’s interesting.

This would only be considered evidence if the car was owned by a German pedophile

The evidence certainly doesnt point to the German peedo. It points to the McCanns.

What forensic evidence is that?

splinter65 wrote: »
    “It's hard to find empathy for someone when they're spending their time drinking brandy with a pedophile laughing and joking how the dogs the public spent a lot of money on to try help find their daughter wouldn't be able to be used in evidence against them.”

Can you point out the chapter in her book where she describes their experience with Freud in this manner.
    Please be aware I have that book.
    Maybe you can copy and paste that but so we can all read it.
    Is it not a fact that because it suits you, you choose to interpret her description in this manner?
    I note that you don’t dispute any of my allegations. That’s interesting.

It's been posted in thread a number of times the exact quotes.

Feel free to search.

The evidence certainly doesnt point to the German peedo. It points to the McCanns.

I understand. But unless the car is owned by a German pedophile. People are not interested.

An alert is just an alert. It is absolutely meaningless and worthless if there’s nothing weighty and substantial to back it up, which there wasn’t. They lead people to evidence, alerts aren’t considered evidence in and of themselves. I believe the dog’s own handler even said as much in the documentary:

”There never did emerge one single identical match for the DNA of Madeleine McCann," investigative reporter and researcher Robbyn Swan explains.

“Expert dog handler Martin Grime says that an alert from the cadaver dogs was not enough on its own; it was only ever intended as an indicator for the investigators to look for possible corroborating evidence – which, in this case, they did not find”

But sure, it’s not like that hasn’t been said a thousand times before on this thread *shrugs*

Anyway you said there was “plenty” so I’m sure you’ll be back with more.

Where do I start!?

Just list all the evidence there is that the McCanns murdered their child.
    Then you can tell us why you think that 100s of detectives from at least 2 countries working on the ground at the scene of the crime for 12 years missed this evidence and you from the comfort of your own home have seen it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,301 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Something Else
    Where do I start!?

Leaving the door open, tampering with the window from the inside, arranging for friends to lie about the checks and the time line, drugging the kids to make them sleep, Kate McCann having possession of the teddy bear (from which Maddie was inseparable) that wasn't in the room when the police arrived, continued lies throughout the investigation, general coldness the day after the events and of course Kate's initial reaction: 'They've taken her'(indicating she had already formed a narrative in their head is a good start. None are conclusive, but still more than they have on the German guy.

• Advertisement

cgcsb wrote: »
    Leaving the door open, tampering with the window from the inside, arranging for friends to lie about the checks and the time line and drugging the kids is a good start. None are conclusive, but still more than they have on the german guy.

This is not evidence they killed their daughter.

It is evidence of interfering with an investigation/crime scene. Which is in itself bloody bizzare.

Again, this is all fine and can be safely ignored. Unless your German and have fiddled with kids.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement