Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭limnam

splinter65 wrote: »
    Once again it is nothing but your opinion (which is not worth any more then anyone else’s opinion) that the McCanns told any lies. You seem to be unable and unwilling to accept the amount of evidence against this man collated by the German police. That’s a bit puzzling/strange/weird to me, but it’s your desicion.

I haven't seen any evidence about the German.

What evidence is there he kidnapped Madeline ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    This thread is shockingly immature......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Babooshka wrote: »
    W1zard also kidnapped Shergar

Yes he did. I read all the circumstances surrounding that kidnap on the Internet and I certainly FEEL that all the evidence points to W1zard being guilty. Must be true. The people who say it was the IRA are wrong.

Yes he did. I read all the circumstances surrounding that kidnap on the Internet and I certainly FEEL that all the evidence points to W1zard being guilty. Must be true. The people who say it was the IRA are wrong.

Any evidence on this German guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

limnam wrote: »
    Any evidence on this German guy?

He was a known burglar and violent sex attacker with a penchant for elderly women and little girls who was living in the Praia Da Luz area at the time of her disappearance.
    He also told his mate he knows exactly what happened to Madeleine (after showing him a video of himself raping an old woman), who then reported it to the police.
    Would those facts alone not arouse some suspicion to you?
    It’s without doubt the most promising lead we’ve had in the 13 years Madeleine has been missing.

• Advertisement

SusieBlue wrote: »
    He was a known burglar and violent sex attacker with a penchant for elderly women and little girls who was living in the Praia Da Luz area at the time of her disappearance.
    He also told his mate he knows exactly what happened to Madeleine (after showing him a video of himself raping an old woman), who then reported it to the police.
    Would those facts alone not arouse some suspicion to you?
    It’s without doubt the most promising lead we’ve had in the 13 years Madeleine has been missing.

Oh, Sorry. I was looking for the evidence that splinter65 was referring to.

The evidence he kidnapped Maddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

cgcsb wrote: »
    Maybe kate and gerry will split up and one of them will give an honest account of what happened that night. They probably didn't do the deed, but let's face it they drugged the kids and left them alone with the door unlocked and did not check on them all night.

If they aren't involved, They should have come clean to the police straight away about exactly what went on and perhaps that information could have lead to her being found quickly, but too late for that now. If it were me and something so serious happened I'd have fessed up straight away, even if it made me look ****e, reputation and saving face isn't as important as finding your child, and look everyone knows now they were lying anyway.

i just picked this post randomly as a typical social media problem post that seems to have escalated since lockdown, what makes people post like this?

i just picked this post randomly as a typical social media problem post that seems to have escalated since lockdown, what makes people post like this?

What's wrong with the post?

It's not like he killed a cat...

• Site Banned Posts: 461 ✭✭callmehal

Accident happened, parents hid body
    Lots of stomping of feet from those defending the McCanns. The opinions on their guilt are just as valid as your opinions that they're not guilty.

Oh, Sorry. I was looking for the evidence that splinter65 was referring to.

The evidence he kidnapped Maddie.

Yes this is the evidence the German police are putting forward in their plan to charge this man with the abduction and murder of M McCann. You seem either unwilling or incapable of reading about it yourself. Why is that?

• Advertisement

callmehal wrote: »
    Lots of stomping of feet from those defending the McCanns. The opinions on their guilt are just as valid as your opinions that they're not guilty.

If your accusing somebody of a crime then you need to show evidence that they committed that crime.
    No evidence has been shown. None.
    The person being accused doesn’t have to prove anything.
    That’s the way the world works.
    So no, accusations without explanations or evidence are totally irrelevant and not in any way valid.

It was like this ever before anyone heard the word lockdown.
    Why is it like this?
    Take your pick. Boredom, stupidity, jealousy, begrudgery, nastiness, bitterness, arrogance... I could go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Standby RetroElectro with his warped sense of logic... Dismiss all thoughts that are too damaging, he would certainly make a dysfunctional investigator.

Detectives looking into this case don't dismiss anything because its too damaging. As long as its not presented as fact, its the logical thing to do.

Yes this is the evidence the German police are putting forward in their plan to charge this man with the abduction and murder of M McCann. You seem either unwilling or incapable of reading about it yourself. Why is that?

I've read what's public. I didn't find any evidence he kidnapped maddie

So I'm asking you as you seem to think there is. What evidence do they have he kidnapped maddie?

Some guy in a pub said some guy drunk said he knows what happened?

That's it?

Shut and closed case. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

So I'm asking you as you seem to think there is. What evidence do they have he kidnapped maddie?

That's it?

To be fair I don't think anyone here has outright said 'this guy did it'. He's a suspect, that's it, nobody has claimed anything more. Just as the McCanns were once a suspect, and still are to certain folk. This guys background has peaked peoples interest, and rightfully so. As of now, there's no physical evidence whatsoever that this German guy kidnapped her, so asking for such things is nonsensical. The same way there really is no physical evidence the McCanns did it. I know it's fun to debate these things, but at the end of the day nobody here has claimed that this guy is outright guilty. However, plenty have done so with the McCanns.

To be fair I don't think anyone here has outright said 'this guy did it'. He's a suspect, that's it, nobody has claimed anything more. Just as the McCanns were once a suspect, and still are to certain folk. This guys background has peaked peoples interest, and rightfully so. As of now, there's no physical evidence whatsoever that this German guy kidnapped her, so asking for such things is nonsensical. The same way there really is no physical evidence the McCanns did it. I know it's fun to debate these things, but at the end of the day nobody here has claimed that this guy is outright guilty. However, plenty have done so with the McCanns.

Splinter stated the German police evidence was been ignored.

I'm just asking to see the evidence we're supposed to be ignoring

As much as he's asking for evidence the McCanns did it...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Because many people aren’t actually interested in finding out or exploring what may have happened to her. They just want to blame the parents at all costs, they’ll accept nothing else. It’s like a weird twisted hobby.

Because many people aren’t actually interested in finding out or exploring what may have happened to her. They just want to blame the parents at all costs, they’ll accept nothing else. It’s like a weird twisted hobby.

Or it could be the fact there's no evidence of the Germans involvement.

Do you have any ?

Or it could be the fact there's no evidence of the Germans involvement.

Do you have any ?

No evidence that we know of yet. But he is a paedophile, was in the area when she went missing and had bragged about knowing what happened to her. It’s certainly an avenue worth exploring. Strange that some are so hesitant to engage with something that may be considered a breakthrough, but I guess it interferes with their blood sport of vilifying the McCanns.

• Site Banned Posts: 461 ✭✭callmehal

If your accusing somebody of a crime then you need to show evidence that they committed that crime.
    No evidence has been shown. None.
    The person being accused doesn’t have to prove anything.
    That’s the way the world works.
    So no, accusations without explanations or evidence are totally irrelevant and not in any way valid.

You're confusing boards.ie with a courtroom. :pac:

• Advertisement

No evidence that we know of yet. But he is a paedophile, was in the area when she went missing and had bragged about knowing what happened to her. It’s certainly an avenue worth exploring. Strange that some are so hesitant to engage with something that may be considered a breakthrough, but I guess it interferes with their blood sport of vilifying the McCanns.

Ok, So no one is ignoring German police evidence he kidnapped maddie.

There just isn't any.

That took an age.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Splinter stated the German police evidence was been ignored.

I'm just asking to see the evidence we're supposed to be ignoring

As much as he's asking for evidence the McCanns did it...

Certainly don't think there is evidence people are ignoring, as there isn't any. Well, not in the public domain anyway. I 100% agree with you on that.

Wasn't having a go or anything, as I said, it's an interesting case. I've always been on the side of the McCanns didn't do it, but I can certainly see why people think otherwise.

Ok, So no one is ignoring German police evidence he kidnapped maddie.

There just isn't any.

That took an age.

If only you were as principled when it came to her parents as you are with a convicted paedo.

If only you were as principled when it came to her parents as you are with a convicted paedo.

When it comes to the kidnapping of Maddie, her parents have a lot to answer for.

The convicted peado in relation to Maddie doesn't seem to have any.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mod note

I know this is an emotive case, but please take a read of the charter.

Any issues with posts please report them, no attacking poster.

Thanks.

That's it?

So the German police say they have nearly enough evidence to charge him after some years of hard work.
    You read an article online and decide that in your opinion as an leading armchair keyboard investigator they don’t actually have enough evidence.
    Hmmmmm.... who should I believe?!?
    The German police? Or you?

You're confusing boards.ie with a courtroom. :pac:

Grand. Well in that case then I can say without hesitation that you are the same Hal who knocked my mother off her bike last week and drove away leaving her bleeding on the street. Everyone knows it was you no point in you denying it.

So the German police say they have nearly enough evidence to charge him after some years of hard work.
    You read an article online and decide that in your opinion as an leading armchair keyboard investigator they don’t actually have enough evidence.
    Hmmmmm.... who should I believe?!?
    The German police? Or you?

Seems like a weird thing to come out and say.

But anyway. We can't ignore evidence we don't have.

The portuguse had enough to make Mrs.McCann a suspect who wouldn't assist them and then fled the country.

But sure. Lets focus on some German guy who hasn't been as much as questioned as far as I understand.

Hopefully unlike Mrs.McCann he'll assist the police in whatever way he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

German police statement extract.

"The official added that the investigation linking Christian B to the Madeleine McCann case was now reliant on the help of the public to find clear evidence."

• Advertisement

Seems like a weird thing to come out and say.

But anyway. We can't ignore evidence we don't have.

The portuguse had enough to make Mrs.McCann a suspect who wouldn't assist them and then fled the country.

But sure. Lets focus on some German guy who hasn't been as much as questioned as far as I understand.

Hopefully unlike Mrs.McCann he'll assist the police in whatever way he can.

Your grasp of how the justice system works is very poor. The German police say that they have nearly enough evidence to charge this guy with the abduction and murder of Madeleine McCann. Are you suggesting that they are lying about that? Why would they lie about that and what causes you to think that they are lying?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement