Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Presidential Election Poll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

My local td?????

What in God’s name are they gonna do about travellers robbing the whole country blind.

Christ no wonder people like Trunp get voted in.

In fairness, your local TD would probably be able to get more done than the President.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

My local td?????

What in God’s name are they gonna do about travellers robbing the whole country blind.

A lot more than the President will or can do.

If people are voting for Casey because they think he'll do whatever about anything they'll be disappointed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

My local td?????

More than the President, whose role is almost entirely symbolic to represent Ireland to the world.
    Voting for a president to tackle the traveller issue is like turning the oven on to watch TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Maybe the general population are getting sick of the biased lecturing by the media and the cosy consenus politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

It's a bit baffling to me that a poll for an election, where the only real function of person who wins said election is public speaking, is being led here by the candidate who is by far the most incompetent, stuttering public speaker on the ticket.

And all because he pulled a yarn as a stunt in desperation and a surprising number of people are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Laois_Man wrote: »
    It's a bit baffling to me that a poll for an election, where the only real function of person who wins said election is public speaking, is being led here by the candidate who is by far the most incompetent, stuttering public speaker on the ticket.

And all because he pulled a yarn as a stunt in desperation and a surprising number of people are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

Is it "falling for it" if his words reflect the resentment and anger that a lot of people genuinely feel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Is it "falling for it" if his words reflect the resentment and anger that a lot of people genuinely feel?

Yes, because it's still a pure stunt!

And one that had caused many people to completely overlook the fact that he's actually incompetent for the job description!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

After his performance on Claire Byrne the other night, I wouldn't let Casey anywhere near the job. He's seems like a complete spoofer and an inarticulate one at that. You'd get more sense out of a drunken eget at the counter in your local.

If we must persist with having a president, then Michael D is the only choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I voted for Micky D yesterday on the grounds that he's most likely going to win, the position of president is meaningless and if he lost we'd have to pay a new president a salary and this old bollox a pension.

So I'm hoping the country will save paying both a pension and a salary for a pointless and completely meaningless president.

So there. I voted for Micky D, although if the position of president meant anything he'd be the last of the bunch I'd have voted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Agricola wrote: »
    After his performance on Claire Byrne the other night, I wouldn't let Casey anywhere near the job. He's seems like a complete spoofer and an inarticulate one at that. You'd get more sense out of a drunken eget at the counter in your local.

If we must persist with having a president, then Michael D is the only choice.
    they're all spoofers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭autumn2018

I voted for Micky D yesterday on the grounds that he's most likely going to win, the position of president is meaningless and if he lost we'd have to pay a new president a salary and this old bollox a pension.

So I'm hoping the country will save paying both a pension and a salary for a pointless and completely meaningless president.

So there. I voted for Micky D, although if the position of president meant anything he'd be the last of the bunch I'd have voted for.

peter casey is not going to take the presidential salary,
    and is going to cut out the wasteful spending in the áras
    ie 10 k for dog grooming

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

autumn2018 wrote: »
    and is going to cut out the wasteful spending in the áras
    ie 10 k for dog grooming

10 k for grooming a ****ing dog i would shoot the **** first and then the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,920 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Correct. Not unless he breaks in and steals it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

10 k for grooming a ****ing dog i would shoot the **** first and then the dog.

That's not a very nice thing to say about Sabina :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

At odds of 100/1 it is well worth putting a few euros on Casey imo.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

and is going to cut out the wasteful spending in the s
    ie 10 k for dog grooming

That 10k comes from fully audited figures of spending in the Áras, does it? Because as I understand it those figures won't be made available until next month at the earliest. And big deal if Casey isn't going to take a salary if elected, that doesn't make him any more qualified for the job than if he did take a salary. He's a bullsh*tter of the highest order who has seen that brash, populist pronouncements have helped Trump, The League in Italy and so on, and decided that with his whole 2% in the polls he had nothing to lose. He also seems to have failed to recognise the fact that none of the stuff he's been sh*ting on about like rural broadband falls anywhere near the remit of the president. Although to be fair, he's not alone there as most of the other candidates are guilty of that too. They'll be sorely disappointed if they win and then the government suddenly tells them that they should have read the job spec a bit more carefully before applying for the position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭autumn2018

Zaph wrote: »
    That 10k comes from fully audited figures of spending in the Áras, does it? Because as I understand it those figures won't be made available until next month at the earliest. And big deal if Casey isn't going to take a salary if elected, that doesn't make him any more qualified for the job than if he did take a salary. He's a bullsh*tter of the highest order who has seen that brash, populist pronouncements have helped Trump, The League in Italy and so on, and decided that with his whole 2% in the polls he had nothing to lose. He also seems to have failed to recognise the fact that none of the stuff he's been sh*ting on about like rural broadband falls anywhere near the remit of the president. Although to be fair, he's not alone there as most of the other candidates are guilty of that too. They'll be sorely disappointed if they win and then the government suddenly tells them that they should have read the job spec a bit more carefully before applying for the position.

ya but how do we get the deplorables to vote the right way

• Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

ya but how do we get the deplorables to vote the right way

Speak against travellers?

He should really have had a pop at welfare today and immigrants tomorrow if he really wanted to stay in the limelight. Get the whole trinity mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

im voting for michael salmon swinfords finest................................................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

pjohnson wrote: »
    Speak against travellers?

He should really have had a pop at welfare today and immigrants tomorrow if he really wanted to stay in the limelight. Get the whole trinity mentioned.

one issue at a time...our hero is just keeping his powder dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

paw patrol wrote: »
    I'll answer this , if I may.

I agree the presidential race has little connection to travellers but here we are. He spoke an opinion (unpopular in media/political circles) that many people agree with and he was lashed out of it....all angles all sides....

AND - this is the clincher - he not only refused to apologise or backtrack...he doubled down…as they say.

that's a person I'd vote for a person of conviction a rarity in public life in Ireland.

If that makes me a fool , fool me twice baby!

And he said that if he gets elected he cant make similar comments again. So yes you would be fooled badly.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think this shows just how increasingly out of sync AH is with Irish society.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Absolutely because saying what we’re all thinking doesn’t necessarily mean he’s the right man for the job.

Do you all not realize that if he gets into office, which he won’t anyway, he won’t be able to speak so openly anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Entertainment for the campaign but won't make much of a difference on election day, he ll disappear afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

dudara wrote: »
    Define us and them - unemployed vs workers, Irish vs non-nationals, women vs men, Christians vs jews??

Who is us and who is them? To someone on the other side of a fence, you’re “them”. Where does it stop?

I think this is exactly what Casey was saying.

It's not about giving a fellow Irishman special status as an ethnic minority, they're fellow Irishmen and women.

We're all the same, and we should all be expected to live in the same state with equal statuses and be bound by the same laws.

That's the opposite of a us and them narrative if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Peter Casey is the Irish Joseph goebbels

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

AnneFrank wrote: »

Wasn't Goebells the Nazis propaganda genius?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

There’s some crap posted and then you have this...

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Wasn't Goebells the Nazis propaganda genius?

That's the man, picked on Jews like Casey is picking on travellers,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

That's the man, picked on Jews like Casey is picking on travellers,
    you could change your username to Frog Ward in hysterical solidarity

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement