Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Presidential Election Poll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

On board the Casey express on Paddy Power.
    Back of the net.
    Easy cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

_Brian wrote: »
    There will be no “discussion” on travellers anywhere outside AH.

Long, long ago travellers had themselves enshrined as one of the “big nine”, there will be no discussion without cries of discrimination.

Peter Casey has gone for the lowest common denominator in broaching the traveller conundrum in public. However he will never bring this forward outside this presidential battle and will use it to get a populist vote from trump style haters. I’ve no love for travellers but equally I don’t want to see their existence used to steal a presidential election similar to how Trump did on the “drain the swamp” drumbeat, amd we see how that turned out.

Strange there wa a reporter in newstalk saying earlier he has talked to people from all walks of life today and most have said they agree with his comments.

The reporter seemed surprised but not upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

TallGlass wrote: »
    What you honestly on about. It's for the people saying Peter is a millionaire, I am point out that Higgins is one also.

Poor, Rich, Black, White, Traveller or Yellow I couldn't care who is put in front of me if you really want to know.

Peter is a millionaire

And maybe Higgins is too I've no idea. I do know who should be representing us abroad which is the point of the presidential role .

listermint wrote: »
    Ha ha .

Casey has you in his pocket so.

You've been taken in by a trickster .

Classic switch bate. Actually I think that's a move travellers use selling bags full of sugar as laptops.

This is delicious irony.

Nom nom nom

Tisnt sugar in the bags i know theyre selling.

And you're right. Delicious irony when referring to travellers and "tricksters"

Ha ha .

Casey has you in his pocket so.

You've been taken in by a trickster .

Classic switch bate. Actually I think that's a move travellers use selling bags full of sugar as laptops.

This is delicious irony.

Nom nom nom

What????

Ahhh this is beautiful.

If I’m in Peters pocket then keep there:)

Are you offended?

• Advertisement

Tisnt sugar in the bags i know theyre selling.

And you're right. Delicious irony when referring to travellers and "tricksters"

I don't think you understand the phrase.

It's evident

What????

Ahhh this is beautiful.

If I’m in Peters pocket then keep there:)

Are you offended?

No I'm laughing at it.

It's great.

It's like an episode of glenroe.

I'm actually loving it, this fellas managed to rile the village and he's lapping it up .

Don't fret though it'll be the last of his traveller comments once he's in the park.

As I said I don't care about the traveller issue. Or what he said . It's the fact you've been taken in by it

Excellent

GarIT wrote: »
    I think what people are failing to see when they claim it's just about travellers that it's more than that, it's about the character he has shown. It's so rare to see such a decent human being. The others are all willing to lie about how much they love travellers to get a vote.

Decent people are harassed, intimidated or even terrorised by travellers and all the other candidates are happy for this to continue as is as long as they keep their votes. **** the elderly that are abused everyday as long as we don't hurt the feelings of the countries largest criminal gang. That attitude can't go on, travellers need to be stopped.

Stopped by Super Casey.

Dooo dooo dooooo.

You won't hear a peep out of him on the subject , it's cosy in the Aras

I don't think you understand the phrase.

It's evident

I dont think you know much.
    If anything.

It's evident.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,912 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I think what people are failing to see when they claim it's just about travellers that it's more than that, it's about the character he has shown. It's so rare to see such a decent human being. The others are all willing to lie about how much they love travellers to get a vote.

Decent people are harassed, intimidated or even terrorised by travellers and all the other candidates are happy for this to continue as is as long as they keep their votes. **** the elderly that are abused everyday as long as we don't hurt the feelings of the countries largest criminal gang. That attitude can't go on, travellers need to be stopped.

Where are you getting this from?

Every single news or current affairs feature on travellers feature the claims you are saying are unique to Casey.

What is really happening here is the mugs have been conned into voting for him because he said it in an election situation. An elected post where he gets to do nothing about it. And he started out doing nothing about it today, by refusing to meet those he was happy to pillory in the media.
    Great guy you have hitched the wagon to guys!

• Advertisement

No I'm laughing at it.

It's great.

It's like an episode of glenroe.

I'm actually loving it, this fellas managed to rile the village and he's lapping it up .

Don't fret though it'll be the last of his traveller comments once he's in the park.

As I said I don't care about the traveller issue. Or what he said . It's the fact you've been taken in by it

Excellent

I don’t really care about travellers in this instance either.

It’s that someone finally in the public eye said it like it is about a topic.

It’s refreshing and has made people feel we all don’t have to be always afraid to speak our mind without been called a racist or in someone’s pocket:)

Possibly not. But he is the only one of the candidates to speak honestly about the plague that is destroying our nation.

The plague that is what....

Here now people are used to a bit of hyperbole but. You know Gar I always assumed you were an intelligent poster but that comment is out there.

Out.

There

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Peter is a millionaire

And maybe Higgins is too I've no idea. I do know who should be representing us abroad which is the point of the presidential role .

If your worried about one man, we sent Biffo to places and survived as a nation.

We send out TDs and Ministers all over the world to represent us.

Casey said on the radio, that if elected he would play by the rule book anyway. He also said he wouldn't be taking the salary with the position, it would be donated to CCs to give to a charity.

It’s refreshing and has made people feel we all don’t have to be always afraid to speak our mind without been called a racist or in someone’s pocket:)

When have you ever been afraid to speak your mind.

Give over will ya.

We've been on this board long enough.

You've no fear speaking your mind.

Give this fella your vote and you'll have been taken in by the cod.

Like the landed gentry having us fight amongst ourselves and having a big oul laugh about it.

I see through his campaign , he knows what he's at alright

And it will all go away just as quickly

If your worried about one man, we sent Biffo to places and survived as a nation.

We send out TDs and Ministers all over the world to represent us.

Casey said on the radio, that if elected he would play by the rule book anyway. He also said he wouldn't be taking the salary with the position, it would be donated to CCs to give to a charity.

Yeah right.

Pull the other one.

When have you ever been afraid to speak your mind.

Give over will ya.

We've been on this board long enough.

You've no fear speaking your mind.

Give this fella your vote and you'll have been taken in by the cod.

Like the landed gentry having us fight amongst ourselves and having a big oul laugh about it.

I see through his campaign , he knows what he's at alright

And it will all go away just as quickly

Did you read what I said?

The public eye!!!

Boards and me ain’t in the public eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭autumn2018

If he gets elected it won't be 'Ireland's Trump' it will be 'Ireland's BoatyMcBoatFace'. A president elected by useless lazy reactionaries with nothing better to do on social media.
    a basket of deplorables :D

Oh, it's great to see you recovered the ability to reply after you asked for an example of how travellers as a community work together to protect criminals but couldn't reply once there was an example provided and could only thank idiotic posts that were posted after.

I can't predict how he will act if elected but I'll always vote for the person who acknowledges there is a problem instead of saying they are happy to allow the plgue continue to terrorise decent people.

Your waffling now Gar.

There's no plague in the country

There's sporadic crime.

But enough of the hyperbolic statements.

It's making you look dilerious

Micheal D Higgins is a millionaire also, why are people voting for him?

Casey gets my vote.

On the situation with the travellers. I would go one step further.

**** them and there stables. I would have all the houses leveled the miserable sods. Turning there noses up at perfectly good houses. Struggling tax payers like me working me hole off for a house and these ****ers complaining.
    The housing estate should be given to Syrian Refugees

Did you read what I said?

The public eye!!!

Boards and me ain’t in the public eye.

Oh so you wouldn't say this around family or friends or colleagues then ?

Why not are you afraid , is this why you hide behind a persona.ive no problems discussing the penchant for criminality that is invasive in traveller culture here or anywhere including in work.

I don't need some rich pleb saying it for me.

But I was always told there's a stark difference between a fella talking for you and talking at you.

Casey is the latter and he hopes you think it's the former

Be smarter.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I doubt Casey cares about travelers either.
    He just spouts some controversial statements, knowing full well that as President he will do absolutely sweet eff all about it.
    What are his policies and solutions? What will he do as President to improve the situation?
    He knows that he has no power and can't influence government, so what is his aim besides courting controversy and later putting his feet up on the gravy train?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

But he is the only one of the candidates to speak honestly about the plague.

1471259234-kids-clint-eastwood-grumpy-old-man-gran-torino-zpsxuilmxlz.gif

I've personally been terrorised by the whole traveller community at the halting site in Tallaght. It's a very emotive topic. Nobody had any interest in doing anything about it. It's such a relief to see someone not pander to them. Personally I would support serious action being taken against them.

I've spent half my life in tallaght and much of it working through college feckin them out the doors of the retail shops i worked part time in.

Don't lecture me about tallaght or travellers.

But also don't take me for a spanner . This Casey fella is taking you and the rest of the lads for spanners.

Be smarter

So only poor people should be allowed to run? Is that the best you can come up with?
    micky d has been sucking at the public teat all his life
    he can take his Maoist "poetry" and f off to whatever sh1thole he came from tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Noveight wrote: »
    Regardless of his motivation, he's voicing an opinion which was previously deemed nigh on blasphemous and (it looks like) he's gained support as a result.

Could well be the earliest beginnings of a discussion about Traveller's which allows for an open and honest criticism of the situation. For now there is none of that.

Haven't ever contributed much to such debates on here before.
    But having looked at a host of them, they don't usually last too long before the are closed down.
    Now since Casey's outburst there is at least one other still going on, it could actually become a superthread given the pace its moving at.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Abstain RobbingBandit says no surrender to the phony pole these guys ain't getting my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 66,912 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Oh, it's great to see you recovered the ability to reply after you asked for an example of how travellers as a community work together to protect criminals but couldn't reply once there was an example provided and could only thank idiotic posts that were posted after.

Where did I ask for that? :confused:
    I can't predict how he will act if elected but I'll always vote for the person who acknowledges there is a problem instead of saying they are happy to allow the plgue continue to terrorise decent people.

We already know how he will act. He waved his arms around in the air during the debate saying the president has no powers. :rolleyes:

autumn2018 wrote: »
    micky d has been sucking at the public teat all his life
    he can take his Maoist "poetry" and f off to whatever sh1thole he came from tbh

Mickey D has emersed himself in Irish history., Irish politics and social aspects of Ireland.

He has the fortitude to able to speak to our countries heritage.

How would you not want this from a brand ambassador.

Nah I want the chancer in the suit.

I've spent half my life in tallaght and much of it working through college feckin them out the doors of the retail shops i worked part time in.

Don't lecture me about tallaght or travellers.

But also don't take me for a spanner . This Casey fella is taking you and the rest of the lads for spanners.

Be smarter

Be smarter?

Who exactly died and made you the pinnacle of wisdom:)

We’re all adults here and can think for ourselves.

Spare me the condescending “be smarter” remarks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bertie Mr Tayto or Dustin ftw ah next time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement