Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Presidential Election Poll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭autumn2018

On board the Casey express on Paddy Power.
    Back of the net.
    Easy cash.
    good luck
    i'm on and getting more on tomorrow hopefully
    also get everyone you know to vote
    every single vote counts:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Be smarter?

Who exactly died and made you the pinnacle of wisdom:)

We’re all adults here and can think for ourselves.

Spare me the condescending “be smarter” remarks.

Nah.

Your voting for someone based on one boring comment he made .

Be smarter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

listermint wrote: »
    Nah.

Your voting for someone based on one boring comment he made .

Be smarter

In your opinion!!!!!!!

Thank god we all have our own opinions.

The plague that is what....

Here now people are used to a bit of hyperbole but. You know Gar I always assumed you were an intelligent poster but that comment is out there.

Out.

There
    tell that to the elderly people who are terrorised by diesel engines idling outside their house at 3am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭Allinall

Poll not showing properly on mobile.

Is David Norris 4th or 6th in the order?

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    If your worried about one man, we sent Biffo to places and survived as a nation.

We send out TDs and Ministers all over the world to represent us.

Casey said on the radio, that if elected he would play by the rule book anyway. He also said he wouldn't be taking the salary with the position, it would be donated to CCs to give to a charity.

Casey said on the radio, that if elected he would play by the rule book anyway. He also said he wouldn't be taking the salary with the position

wow is this true
    that would be amazing if true
    roll on the casey train
    no brakes
    áras here we come :pac:

In your opinion!!!!!!!

Thank god we all have our own opinions.

No in my appraisal.

This fella read that article last week about the situation in Tipp and said .il have a piece of that.

You heard it and said oh thank lord someone answered my prayers.

He gets your vote moves in gets a nice day salary. You don't hear another peep about travelers and nothing changes

This is classic snake oil sales pitch.

They used to run these skits on little house on the prairie. It's classic Hollywood trope how in the hell are people with access to the knowledge of the internet falling for this , really, in this day and age

autumn2018 wrote: »
    tell that to the elderly people who are terrorised by diesel engines idling outside their house at 3am

Yeah ok. Right.

Waffles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

What’s wrong with liking someone who has the same views as yourself?????????

It’s the part of voting him in for president that’s silly.

No in my appraisal.

This fella read that article last week about the situation in Tipp and said .il have a piece of that.

He gets your vote moves in gets a nice day salary. You don't hear another peep about travelers and nothing changes

They used to run these skits on little house on the prairie. It's classic Hollywood trope how in the hell are people with access to the knowledge of the internet falling for this , really, in this day and age

Sign of the times ay.

Now I wonder why hmmmm....

Don’t worry I’ll be up early in the morning slaving away trying to make a living and enough to pay taxes for Ms cash and her ilk.

Don’t despair i still haven’t lost sight of what it means to contribute to the pot unlike a certain section of society.

• Advertisement

Your waffling now Gar.

There's no plague in the country

There's sporadic crime.

But enough of the hyperbolic statements.

It's making you look dilerious

would you mind putting less space between your sentences
    it's a nusiance reading on a phone
    tia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

No in my appraisal.

He's a rat catcher. Play your whistle and have them all dance after you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Voting for the little man.

Sign of the times ay.

Now I wonder why hmmmm....

Don’t worry I’ll be up early in the morning slaving away trying to make a living and enough to pay taxes for Ms cash and her ilk.

Don’t despair i still haven’t lost sight of what it means to contribute to the pot unlike a certain section of society.

No.

You have.

If you think this classic trope will even quarter solve those problems then you are part of the problem.

He's a mouth piece who will silence immediately. Don't let him steal your vote because that's what he's doing.

No different to the people you are angry about there. This fella is picking your pocket of a vote.

Two sides of a slapped arse

That's a problem

No.

You have.

If you think this classic trope will even quarter solve those problems then you are part of the problem.

He's a mouth piece who will silence immediately. Don't let him steal your vote because that's what he's doing.

No different to the people you are angry about there. This fella is picking your pocket of a vote.

Two sides of a slapped arse

That's a problem

Do you think him or anyone else thinks he has a chance of becoming president???

Give it over ffs.

Do you think him or anyone else thinks he has a chance of becoming president???

Give it over ffs.

Actually I do.

Let me explain.

Voter apathy.

All it takes is one single comment plank to ride in on populism.

He could easily get in on a couple of thousand votes.

So yeah it's encombent on us all not to allow fellas like this make a mockery of the office. Least we end up looking like a laughing stock .

Yes that's trump territory.

Voter apathy is a thing, do you not see why this bunch of folks are hoping for it. Its why they are running.

Mickey D has emersed himself in Irish history., Irish politics and social aspects of Ireland.

He has the fortitude to able to speak to our countries heritage.

How would you not want this from a brand ambassador.

Nah I want the chancer in the suit.
    more like he never done a real days work in his life

autumn2018 wrote: »
    more like he never done a real days work in his life

What would you know about it.

Allinall wrote: »
    Poll not showing properly on mobile.

Is David Norris 4th or 6th in the order?
    it's a 2 horse race now
    micky "ortega" higgins
    and peter "crazy" casey :pac:

He's a rat catcher. Play your whistle and have them all dance after you.
    who would you reccomend?
    who are you campaigning or voting for
    if you don't me asking

• Advertisement

What would you know about it.
    i have a degree in soc & pol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭enricoh

Your waffling now Gar.

There's no plague in the country

There's sporadic crime.

But enough of the hyperbolic statements.

It's making you look dilerious

This Casey guy really has u rattled n delirious - poor lister mint!
    I'm gonna vote for him too, hope that helps. Someone with a bit of bottle in Irish politics, even if it's only for another week, is refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Ireland needs to be very careful where we move from here.

This poll would suggest we should vote someone in as president based on nothing but it would seem a hatred of tue traveller community.

Now there is a name for that behaviour and it’s how tin pot leaders from Trump to Hitler came to power. It would send a shocking message out about ourselves.

How long till we’re voting in politicians who mention blacks, Arabs, Muslims, Nigerians ??

There are a hell of allot of people unemployed and not paying taxes other than travellers, more criminals than travellers and I’d wager that JP Mc Manus dodges more tax here annually than travellers do.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,911 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

enricoh wrote: »
    This Casey guy really has u rattled n delirious - poor lister mint!
    I'm gonna vote for him too, hope that helps. Someone with a bit of bottle in Irish politics, even if it's only for another week, is refreshing.

He didn't look like somebody with any bottle on the 9o'clock news.
    He stuttered and stammered, claimed, he didn't want to resolve the issue and then called a reporter 'rude' for asking a question.

No in my appraisal.

its a shame we can't all have such a high IQ and wisdom as yourself:cool:

Actually I do.

Let me explain.

Voter apathy.

All it takes is one single comment plank to ride in on populism.

He could easily get in on a couple of thousand votes.

So yeah it's encombent on us all not to allow fellas like this make a mockery of the office. Least we end up looking like a laughing stock .

Yes that's trump territory.

Voter apathy is a thing, do you not see why this bunch of folks are hoping for it. Its why they are running.
    this is a good point
    why would anyone drive 8 or 10 miles on a dirty wet november evening to vote for michael d

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Regardless of opinions on travellers the role is a largely diplomatic one. Meet and greet heads of state, be amiable, etc.

Michael D has it down to a fine art and I'll be voting for him.

If you agree with Casey's comments...fair enough..but try get your local TD to do something similar.

I like my Presidents to be uncontroversial, it's a ceremonial role.

And I'd be willing to bet (although we'll never know the outcome) that if Casey was elected somebody from Pavee Point will be one of the first on the guest list for the inauguration.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Collie D wrote: »
    Regardless of opinions on travellers the role is a largely diplomatic one. Meet and greet heads of state, be amiable, etc.

If you agree with Casey's comments...fair enough..but try get your local TD to do something similar.

fawning over tyrannical despots is controversial in some circles

Collie D wrote: »

And I'd be willing to bet (although we'll never know the outcome) that if Casey was elected somebody from Pavee Point will be one of the first on the guest list for the inauguration.

My local td?????

What in God’s name are they gonna do about travellers robbing the whole country blind.

Christ no wonder people like Trunp get voted in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,911 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

fawning over tyrannical despots is controversial in some circles

Ah now, Casey only said stuff. He hasn't actually done anything about it. He's a dreamer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement