Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

We owe this family an apology. We should always believe in innocence until guilt is proven. Their backgrounds led me, for one to believe the worst of them.

So they were innocent but decided as you do to bringing the cops on a high speed chase and ultimately dying in a head on crash. Something stinks here. Rarely do innocent people try to evade the cops.

Maybe he's annoyed because he thinks that if we taxpayers weren't scammed by the companies building the hospital there'd be more money to spend waste on him and his bretheren.

The hilarious part is the waster himself is on the scratcher.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

We owe this family an apology. We should always believe in innocence until guilt is proven. Their backgrounds led me, for one to believe the worst of them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6705681/Newlyweds-NOT-involved-aggravated-burglary-led-deaths.html

Now you might miss a stop sign and drive on but at 1 point you might want to consider to pull over if you have 9 police cars chasing you when you have nothing to hide and\or done anything wrong.

inforfun wrote: »
    Now you might miss a stop sign and drive on but at 1 point you might want to consider to pull over if you have 9 police cars chasing you when you have nothing to hide and\or done anything wrong.

Maybe they simply had no tax, insurance or drivers license or were under the influence. Totally different from aggravated burglary. I’m not excusing their actions but they were vilified in the media for a serious crime that they had no part in.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The cops didn't make them run or crash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭arctictree

Do travellers actually bother with licence, tax and NCT anymore? The topic of this thread doesn't seem to. Just buy a 10 year old car and drive it into the ground and then on to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

arctictree wrote: »
    Do travellers actually bother with licence, tax and NCT anymore? The topic of this thread doesn't seem to. Just buy a 10 year old car and drive it into the ground and then on to the next one.

Doesn't the padre pio sticker in the windscreen cover all 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

An incident yesterday I witnessed during lunchtime:

Large petrol station with food services full of workers getting their lunch. Up pulls an English reg family car and they park right in front of the door .... in the disabled parking. Out comes 3 big strapping boys with Limerick accents who are dressed for a session and they proceed to get coffee and various chocolate bars between the three of them. They then sit down to consume their goodies. 2 gets up and exits and the 3rd fella goes to the counter to pay. He brings with him one empty cup and 2 empty rappers. He was asked about the rest of the stuff they consumed .............. and an argument ensues, holding up a couple of dozen people waiting on lines to pay for their food in order to get back to work.

Fair play to the small girl behind the counter who stood up to him, who was twice her size. They caused havoc of course, but it's the same story. A very small cohort of Irish society, who are cuddled by government with entitlements from birth to grave, making life difficult for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Kivaro wrote: »

Large petrol station with food services full of workers getting their lunch. Up pulls an English reg family car and they park right in front of the door .... in the disabled parking. Out comes 3 big strapping boys with Limerick accents who are dressed for a session and they proceed to get coffee and various chocolate bars between the three of them. They then sit down to consume their goodies. 2 gets up and exits and the 3rd fella goes to the counter to pay. He brings with him one empty cup and 2 empty rappers. He was asked about the rest of the stuff they consumed .............. and an argument ensues, holding up a couple of dozen people waiting on lines to pay for their food in order to get back to work.

Fair play to the small girl behind the counter who stood up to him, who was twice her size. They caused havoc of course, but it's the same story. A very small cohort of Irish society, who are cuddled by government with entitlements from birth to grave, making life difficult for the rest of us.

It's like a religious thing with them that they have to park right outside the door of petrol station shops. If access to parking at the door isn't available, they will park midway between the petrol pumps, blocking access to two sets of pumps. They bring pig-ignorance to an art form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Maybe they simply had no tax, insurance or drivers license or were under the influence. Totally different from aggravated burglary. I’m not excusing their actions but they were vilified in the media for a serious crime that they had no part in.

Wilfully dangerous driving causing death is a serious crime. It's lucky that more people weren't killed as a result of it. Is everyone on the coach they hit alright?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Ah yeah, nothing wrong with driving like a lunatic putting others at risk when you have no insurance, driver's licence and are under the influence. Not a serious crime at all. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

arctictree wrote: »

They only get insurance when they are trying to set up a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Kivaro wrote: »

A predatory culture - people posing as victims.

It's a bad joke

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Ah yeah, nothing wrong with driving like a lunatic putting others at risk when you have no insurance, driver's licence and are under the influence. Not a serious crime at all. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You’re missing the point totally. Why were they being chased at all? None of them were involved directly in the crime that was reported.

This question in no way excuses their driving as they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Be interesting to see how harshly travellers are affected by Brexit. All those UK reg plates, passports and licences will be useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

You’re missing the point totally. Why were they being chased at all? None of them were involved directly in the crime that was reported.

In fairness Maryanne I think you are missing the point - or at least the point most of us are making.

If a guard comes up behind you and puts lights on and tells you to pull over, any normal civilised person doesn't go haring off, then causing 9 garda cars and a helicopter to chase you.

A normal person, someone not involved in any criminality, would stop and say yes officer? The guards were probably stopping all cars that fitted whatever description they had. They probably would have stopped them, realised it wasn't the crowd they wanted and they would have been on their way again.

That girl was 18 years old and 7 months pregnant - why did they put themselves, their baby and the public in danger if they hadn't done anything.

I'm afraid you won't get many people thinking like you in this instance, on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Who's the racist now. :D

Seems like she's tarring the entire Anglo Saxon people with the same brush.

Also Cash is not an indigenous Irish name. Her descendants were planters from the south of England.

sure wasn't Brian Boru one of the Dal Cashes?

In fairness Maryanne I think you are missing the point - or at least the point most of us are making.

If a guard comes up behind you and puts lights on and tells you to pull over, any normal civilised person doesn't go haring off, then causing 9 garda cars and a helicopter to chase you.

A normal person, someone not involved in any criminality, would stop and say yes officer? The guards were probably stopping all cars that fitted whatever description they had. They probably would have stopped them, realised it wasn't the crowd they wanted and they would have been on their way again.

That girl was 18 years old and 7 months pregnant - why did they put themselves, their baby and the public in danger if they hadn't done anything.

I'm afraid you won't get many people thinking like you in this instance, on this thread.

You are right in what you say. However, it doesn’t take away the fact that their names and faces were all over the media, and already being found guilty of a crime that it now appears that they had nothing to do with, while the real perpetrators are still at large.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Surely you can only be chased if you run?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Not only did they lead the police on a chase, they drove at high-speed, the wrong way up a dual carriageway to try and lose the following cars - this is how they ended up crashing with a bus head-on.

They were clearly very desperate to lose the police for some reason or other, willing enough to put their own, their child and anyone else on that road that day's lives on the line.

• Advertisement

Why would someone if they have done nothing wrong lead the Police on a dangerous high speed chase? Curious unless they committed an offense they thought the Police were aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

You’re missing the point totally. Why were they being chased at all?

Because they failed to stop when it was demanded of them. Fairly simple. Much like if a copper tries to arrest you because he thinks you committed a crime. The fact you didn't commit the crime does not entitle you to resist arrest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Margaret summed up what happened with this post

59a10660ca5de9f5e403c247457b0fd0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

My mommy told me to be a scrounger.

My mommy told me to be a scrounger.

Mommy knew it was the only thing she'd be good at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What is this crap?
    I knew Bernard was a gob****e but figured he might at least have some level of education.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-en6tw-a7f446?fbclid=IwAR2l8gYjIw6XS5RU1ilWVOIscsp1FRrOccgcbsqnEIfZuEh4ohloaspCAwI

Don't waste too much time on this you will never get those 14 minute back

tuxy wrote:
    Don't waste too much time on this you will never get those 14 minute back

Does he talk sh*te for the 14 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Oh dear

Margaret is feeling a bit down

"I give up. I can't do did any more. it feels hopeless. 2yrs homeless I can't live like dis another week let alone a month. Feels hopeless never gonna get a home"

KrustyUCC wrote:
    "I give up. I can't do did any more. it feels hopeless. 2yrs homeless I can't live like dis another week let alone a month. Feels hopeless never gonna get a home"

The trustees should release some of the100k + she stands to inherit to help her rent a place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So is she in talaght or still in the city area?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement