Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

hurler32 wrote: »
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/three-brothers-are-jailed-on-same-day-after-separate-vicious-attacks-37821957.html

A fair achievement for this Ennis Co Clare traveller family .....Ennis is a town that has a growing traveller crime problem which is ruining what was once a lovely town .

Ah Jaysus, I made the mistake of reading the link:
    Damien Sherlock has 110 previous convictions, Declan Sherlock has 24 and James Sherlock has 21.

What's shocking is that the following does not shock me anymore:
    In his victim impact statement, Dr Subramanian said: "It baffles me to this day to find out after his criminal activity that this man had a few convictions in the past, was on bail, after being refused bail initially, and skipped bail a week earlier only to threaten to stab his innocent neighbours and steal their car to crash it, whose only fault was being his neighbour."
    Fluck you for a farce of a justice system in Ireland. And fluck you too Judges for not protecting the citizenry of the country. Shame on you, irrespective of the greed of continuing to apply non-custodial sentences to predators = many billable court appearances for your "free" legal-aid solicitor friends.

Judges should not have jobs for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Pity the car didn't explode with him in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

hurler32 wrote: »
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/three-brothers-are-jailed-on-same-day-after-separate-vicious-attacks-37821957.html

A fair achievement for this Ennis Co Clare traveller family .....Ennis is a town that has a growing traveller crime problem which is ruining what was once a lovely town .

Looking at the surnames of the victims, it couldn't be that these traveller criminals are also racists?

I thought they were supposed to be the victims of racism, not the other way around.

MrFresh wrote: »
    From the looks of it the growing crime problem can probably be traced to that one family. Sherlock isn't a common traveller name though is it?

There seems to be plenty of travellers named from Sherlock in Clare.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/silence-about-traveller-family-who-were-publicly-humiliated-1.2231321

The papers are happy to mention their 'Ethnicity' when they are the victims, but not when they commit crimes it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Looking at the surnames of the victims, it couldn't be that these traveller criminals are also racists?

I thought they were supposed to be the victims of racism, not the other way around.

Travellers believe in equality and don't discriminate. They'll rob/assault/intimidate/scam anyone regardless of their race, gender, or religious beliefs if they think they'll get away with it.

• Advertisement

Kivaro wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus, I made the mistake of reading the link:
    Damien Sherlock has 110 previous convictions, Declan Sherlock has 24 and James Sherlock has 21.

What's shocking is that the following does not shock me anymore:
    Fluck you for a farce of a justice system in Ireland. And fluck you too Judges for not protecting the citizenry of the country. Shame on you, irrespective of the greed of continuing to apply non-custodial sentences to predators = many billable court appearances for your "free" legal-aid solicitor friends.

Judges should not have jobs for life.

The same Sherlocks were named as travellers here last year.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/judge-hits-out-as-garda-required-at-court-to-prevent-further-violence-in-traveller-feud-858794.html

Travellers believe in equality and don't discriminate. They'll rob/assault/intimidate/scam anyone regardless of their race, gender, or religious beliefs if they think they'll get away with it.

Lovely people. Equal rights (and lefts) for everyone.

Nice quote from the judge, a pity he wouldn't give them longer sentences
    A circuit court judge has hit out at the ‘absolutely outrageous’ conduct of feuding traveller families in Ennis telling them that it is ordinary workers who are funding their legal aid.

At Ennis Circuit Court, Judge Gerald Keys told members of the feuding Sherlock and Molloy families that “you have disgraced your fellow travellers in the way that you have behaved”.

Judge Keys said that he was also conscious that the accused were on legal aid.

He said: “We have to pay for this. Everyone who is working in this country, who pays a tax, have got to pay for your defence - look at the amount of previous convictions all of you have together - and the ordinary working person who complies with the law in this country has to finance that.”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

She deserves Waterford Crystsl don't come near her with that Galway stuff!

Or heaven forbid, Tipperary Crystal.

Not after the way their council treated those poor stableless families.
    Wondering if they accepted the housing offer after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,661 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Judge Keys “ you have disgraced your fellow Travellers in the way that you have behaved “.

Maybe they were not violent enough or entitled enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Yoghurt87

Interesting comments from the defendant when he was charged:
    https://www.clarepeople.com/2018/03/08/fk-you-alleged-hijackers-reply-to-new-charge/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yoghurt87 wrote: »
    https://www.clarepeople.com/2018/03/08/fk-you-alleged-hijackers-reply-to-new-charge/amp/

Awful scumbag and only gets 2 and a half years. Cnuts like him should be locked up, with the key thrown away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

That's 1 year ten months in reality btw as you automatically get 25% reduction on your sentence unless you really misbehave on the inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

33% possible if you behave.

Yoghurt87 wrote: »

Indeed, racist as I suspected (actual racist, not racist against 'ethnic minorities' of the same race)
    Replying to a charge of criminal damage to a car at Carrigoran, Newmarket on Fergus, on December 21, 2017, Mr Sherlock said, “**** you and **** him the foreign bastard.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Judge Keys “ you have disgraced your fellow Travellers in the way that you have behaved “.

Maybe they were not violent enough or entitled enough.

And Judge Keys and his ilk in the judiciary system, sorry judiciary industry, constantly disgrace their fellow Taxpayers when handing down ultra lenient sentences to thugs/scum of the earth like these. His dismissive words ring hollow when he hands down a 2 1\2 year sentence for a crime like this.
    Do these guys in the judiciary forget that the taxpayer also pays their wages and expect them to protect ordinary decent citizens from inbred savages like the Sherlocks.

I feel sorry for the poor taxi driver. Attacked by 4 travellers and stabbed 6 times yet his attackers (after removing the suspended part of sentences) get a total of only 4.5 years between them.

That's despite having almost 200 previous convictions.

Surely beating the sh*t out of someone and stabbing him 6 times is attempted murder?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I’m sure this has been said, but why is cash still entitled to a council house when she has 100k to fall back on??

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

They really are dregs of society and every halting site in the country does need to be bulldozed.. these need to ve dealt with in a severe manor.

We should be like Kim Jong Un with this scum.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I’m sure this has been said, but why is cash still entitled to a council house when she has 100k to fall back on??

Because it's Ireland..... She says she never said she was purr but homeless she is....

• Advertisement

She needs that 100k to buy tatty furniture and Waterford crystal to decorate the house the council give her.

She needs that 100k to buy tatty furniture and Waterford crystal to decorate the house the council give her.

Hookers and coke.... Plenty of coke.

Just doing a bit of googling on Bernard, he stood for Dail Election in 2016 and got 129 votes.

https://www.rte.ie/news/election-2016/candidates/754468-bernard-sweeney/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Yea but, but, can the council not see she has this money and simply say no?

Just doing a bit of googling on Bernard, he stood for Dail Election in 2016 and got 129 votes.

https://www.rte.ie/news/election-2016/candidates/754468-bernard-sweeney/

Looks like he has a theft/Fraud conviction too

https://www.longfordleader.ie/news/home/338303/longford-district-court-cashed-cheque-but-it-bounced.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Penny's should have to defray all costs associated with her prosecution and imprisonment.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So a relatively unknown Dragon's Den participant makes a flippant and off-the-cuff remark about Travellers and gets 23% of the national vote whereas a man stands for election who self describes as a promoter of Traveller rights and gets 129 votes. I'm no mathematician but that kinda speaks volumes.

Fcuk all the people like cash scamming us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

rafatoni wrote: »
    They really are dregs of society and every halting site in the country does need to be bulldozed.. these need to ve dealt with in a severe manor.

We should be like Kim Jong Un with this scum.

I agree with this, it has simply come to this stage now.

The Sherlocks are in their early twenties so we have another forty years of this crap to expect from them. They will have at least thirty children between them so thats another generation to contend with.

I would hate to live in Ennis, the place seems to be infested with travellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,372 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yea but, but, can the council not see she has this money and simply say no?

She doesnt have this money. Not for 7 years .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement