Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Omackeral wrote: »
    We do dump our rubbish all over their halting sites though apparently.

It's mad how the rubbish dumpers can get through the barricaded fortress that is your average halting site but nobody else can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭autumn2018

Now's our chance. To anyone that's moaned, ranted and has seen red over this problem, we've got a vote now. A vote for Casey directly correlates to the traveller problem. No excuses, get out and vote, better yet start canvassing your friends and family.

ha the ould lad hasn't voted in years but i told him to back casey at 100/1 and vote
    we can do this
    yes we can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Are you a travelling man yourself Boss?

I do like to travel. However, I'm not the travelling type that gets the racists frothing at the mouth though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Did he peak too early?

Time to call out the scam artists who don’t do a tap but are leeching for years off the left breast now Pete:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

dav3 wrote: »
    I do like to travel. However, I'm not the travelling type that gets the racists frothing at the mouth though.

Oh ho, here comes the racist card again.

• Advertisement

Casey`s comments may bring him up a few per cent in the election but I still don't see him getting enough support to claim his expenses which is the real motivating factor for why he said what he did.

ya mate and brexit wouldn't happen neither would trump
    wake up and smell the coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ever wonder why they cause that to happen Boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You avail of the states education system, which is there for everyone, and if you don’t partake, don’t expect the state to help you game the ‘schemes’ later on;)

The business and banking community Casey belongs to were also educated by the 'system' and were much more effective at utilizing the 'schemes' and the 'games' than travellers could ever hope to.

Will you elect me Pres for saying that Brendy? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Aah... backpacker...are you.. did Laos...Vietnam... Burma.. then Bali and on to Oz .

Know the type.

I avoid them like a dose of the nut crabs.

JMNolan wrote: »
    Oh ho, here comes the racist card again.

Poor Peter was called a racist live on national television last night. It didn't seem to bother him.

I was going to vote for him, but then he went all racist on us.

• Advertisement

The business and banking community Casey belongs to were also educated by the 'system' and were much more effective at utilizing the 'schemes' and the 'games' than travellers could ever hope to.

Deflect deflect deflect!!

Typical SF tactics.

autumn2018 wrote: »
    everyone should get on this before paddy power wakes up
    this will be a bigger payout than bitcoin

You're going mad trying to get people to throw away their money in nearly every post. I'm starting to think you're paddy power himself.

Ever wonder why they cause that to happen Boss?

Because problems caused by a minority are whipped up into 'plagues' by ego driven charlatans and fed by keyboard warriors who have up to now failed to get their own public reps to do anything about it?

Good to see Casey standing his ground and not being bullied by the media today in Tipp.
    raymond (500k a year) darcy made some snide comments about president casey today
    very snobby ray
    ivory towers

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Ak84

Pavee point on Prime Time.
    Such blatant lying.
    Blaming everyone.
    Miriam should push this lad, but won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

How come these 'racists' aren't racist against Chinese folks, for example? Could it be that those people simply work and get on with life without bothering and infringing on everyone around them?

Deflect deflect deflect!!

Typical SF tactics.

How is pointing out that the settled community engage in the exact same thing a deflection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Poor Peter was called a racist live on national television last night. It didn't seem to bother him.

I was going to vote for him, but then he went all racist on us.

Are you referring to the comment about chocolate and diabetes and somehow Gallagher vomited out "racism!"? Fucking bizarre.

autumn2018 wrote: »
    raymond (500k a year) darcy made some snide comments about president casey today
    very snobby ray
    ivory towers

Ray Darcy...

Do I need to say anymore?

Good to see Casey standing his ground and not being bullied by the media today in Tipp.
    a special mention to the brave journalists at rte and dennis o brien fm :eek:

• Advertisement

How is pointing out that the settled community engage in the exact same thing a deflection?

Peter Casey rich something.

Well educated something.

Something something....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

If he won't I would give you an oul preference for it...

Mind you,I'm not at all certain that the Business & Banking vs Traveller comparison is at all valid,given the significant amounts of money being openly flaunted across the many ethnic Irish business/recreational sectors ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I didn’t realize 90% of the settled community didn’t pay tax!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Because problems caused by a minority are whipped up into 'plagues' by ego driven charlatans and fed by keyboard warriors who have up to now failed to get their own public reps to do anything about it?

Far too simplistic Francie.
    I do however feel that you know the real reason.

Peter Casey rich something.

Well educated something.

Something something....

Travellers rich something.

Not educated something.

Something something....

Get the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

A bit off topic, sorry.
    I’ve moved out of parents place for ages now. My voting card is always sent to that address and I’ve always been back home to use my vote. I won’t be able to make it home to vote this time however.
    But I’ve been told that if you have a voting card and proper ID, you can show up at any voting center. Is this right or total BS?
    Edit: Can I get my mother to post me my voting card that has arrived at home place and use it here?

I didn’t realize 90% of the settled community didn’t pay tax!

TbL

Everyone pays their taxes? Yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And Rte just give Pavee Point more airtime to say it's all the racist governments fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

twirlagig wrote: »
    A bit off topic, sorry.
    I’ve moved out of parents place for ages now. My voting card is always sent to that address and I’ve always been back home to use my vote. I won’t be able to make it home to vote this time however.
    But I’ve been told that if you have a voting card and proper ID, you can show up at any voting center. Is this right or total BS?

In your electorial area yes to should be able to, anywhere else no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

I have to agree with some commentators that someone at rock bottom in the polls is getting a disproportionate amount of air time. It's job done as far as he's concerned.

He had to do something to get noticed. It's like he's stripped himself naked, smeared himself in his own excrement and started shouting the first thing that came into his head. While the odd person stops and says 'hold on lads, let's hear what the crazy person has to say' and getting very irate when people laugh at him.

He's a terrible politician, terrible debater and a terrible interviewee. His mouth moves quicker than his brain.

It gives me great pleasure watching people trying to shill for this guy, not an easy task.

Have you any idea of the support Peter Casey has on this point? Any? He'll finish second or win on the back of that mini rant alone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement