Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Casey`s comments may bring him up a few per cent in the election but I still don't see him getting enough support to claim his expenses which is the real motivating factor for why he said what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

It's unsettling the amount of people who like Casey because "he says it like it is". That's what exactly Trump supporters said.

And the other 5 saying they’d have no problem living beside a halting site are just saying it like they hope they are giving a PC and non controversial answer!

Yeah right!

lol Gallagher and Duffy living beside a halting site, I’d give them 24 hours

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Good to see Casey standing his ground and not being bullied by the media today in Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'm replacing the word 'traveller' with 'Jew' while reading the thread and pretending I'm in 1930's Germany - it's great craic.

Yeah… except the Jews very much wanted to be part of the community and they had jobs.

I doubt if Casey starts screaming at the podium, they’re taking our jobs. Anyone will believe him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,157 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Casey`s comments may bring him up a few per cent in the election but I still don't see him getting enough support to claim his expenses which is the real motivating factor for why he said what he did.

Not true, lad said it as it is.

Doesn’t need his exes, compadre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,228 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Good to see Casey standing his ground and not being bullied by the media today in Tipp.

:D:D:D:D:D

Did you watch the footage? He didn't stand his ground, he stuttered and stammered and literally walked away from legitimate questions about what it was he would propose as a solution. He even said, he didn't 'want to resolve it'.

What use would he be to anyone exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm replacing the word 'traveller' with 'Jew' while reading the thread and pretending I'm in 1930's Germany - it's great craic.

Because Hitler said all citizens in 1930's Germany are equal did he? Casey said that nobody deserves special status. That we all are the same. Do you not see how you're absolutely miles wide of the mark? Can you not? Is your head too far into the sand or perhaps your fingers are too far into your ears.

Once again, Peter Casey said Travellers are no different from anyone else. That's what Hitler said about the Jews is it? I don't. It's an idiotic comparison. Completely and totally the opposite in fact. The opposite! God it's unreal how far people will try stretch things. fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

And the other 5 saying they’d have no problem living beside a halting site are just saying it like they hope they are giving a PC and non controversial answer!

Yeah right!

lol Gallagher and Duffy living beside a halting site, I’d give them 24 hours

TbL

Remember years ago even Mary Robinson objected to Travellers setting up a halting site near her our house because she believed the site was "not suitable" for Travellers.

joe40 wrote: »
    Travellers do not suffer violence at the hands of settled communities, never.

We do dump our rubbish all over their halting sites though apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Did you watch the footage? He didn't stand his ground, he stuttered and stammered and literally walked away from legitimate questions about what it was he would propose as a solution. He even said, he didn't 'want to resolve it'.

He can't resolve it, it's not in his power now or that of the president.

But he is entitled to his opinion, which so many people agree with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭autumn2018

hawkelady wrote: »
    Let’s talk about travellers then , you know, the ones that take weapons to funerals and weddings , in court for theft , robbing lead and copper from buildings, intimating the elderly ..... what’s not to like about them ? Casey is getting my vote because of his “ outspoken views”
    in fairness they have to take weapons to protect themselves

Anyone I've talked to today are right behind Casey.

I wasn't even going to vote but I'm going to drive 40 minutes to my polling station from work to cast my vote. Casey won't win but a good showing for him on the polls will make the politicians think. It might make them realise that the Irish people want proper representation on this issue and they'll see that there's votes there for them in the future if they speak the truth.

Enough of this PC bollocks from them, the media and the usual out of touch crowd. I implore everyone to get out to the polls, your vote will be crucial, for **** sake enough is enough.

I'm going to vote for him myself based off the fact I felt the other five lied through their snot when questioned on Travellers last night during the debate. I was 50/50 about going to vote be honest, now my mind is made up. A vote for a bit of truth. Democracy shouldn't be founded on lies. I know it will be ultimately but it's nice to know you've a choice in not backing barefaced liars.

He speaks the truth, Francie.

A virtue which is sadly lacking in our society..

Vested interests Francie, anti establishment hacks, hurlers on the ditch, churns who don’t want to take responsibility for anything....who use wasters indolence for their own advantage....

You wouldn’t belong to any of that coterie Francie.... :cool:

Presidential hopefulls @LiadhNiRiadaMEP @GavinDuffy @SenJoanFreeman have all spoke out against Peter Caseys racist remarks. If he has any decency he will bow out of the race now. He is so out of touch with this country it's astonishing. John Connors.

Fcuk John Connors

• Registered Users Posts: 14,504 ✭✭✭✭elperello

NIMAN wrote: »

Exactly.

He is of course entitled to his opinion as are the people who agree with him.

But is it not sensible to interrogate his rationale for raising the issue in the middle of a campaign for an office you say has no power in the matter?

NIMAN wrote: »

Of course he is entitled to his opinion. But what has it to do with being the president?
    Let him run for the Dail and let the 'many' people who are concerned about this elect him to do something about it. The 'many' who have never managed to find anyone to speak up for them. :)
    Have the Healy Ray's not heard of this bandwagon? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

I have to agree with some commentators that someone at rock bottom in the polls is getting a disproportionate amount of air time. It's job done as far as he's concerned.

He had to do something to get noticed. It's like he's stripped himself naked, smeared himself in his own excrement and started shouting the first thing that came into his head. While the odd person stops and says 'hold on lads, let's hear what the crazy person has to say' and getting very irate when people laugh at him.

He's a terrible politician, terrible debater and a terrible interviewee. His mouth moves quicker than his brain.

It gives me great pleasure watching people trying to shill for this guy, not an easy task.

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

its contagious

dav3 wrote: »
    I have to agree with some commentators that someone at rock bottom in the polls is getting a disproportionate amount of air time. It's job done as far as he's concerned.

He had to do something to get noticed. It's like he's stripped himself naked, smeared himself in his own excrement and started shouting the first thing that came into his head. While the odd person stops and says 'hold on lads, let's hear what the crazy person has to say' and getting very irate when people laugh at him.

He's a terrible politician, terrible debater and a terrible interviewee. His mouth moves quicker than his brain.

It gives me great pleasure watching people trying to shill for this guy, not an easy task.

Who are you shilling for?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He had to do something to get noticed. It's like he's stripped himself naked, smeareÐd himself in his own excrement and started shouting the first thing that came into his head. While the odd person stops and says 'hold on lads, let's hear what the crazy person has to say' and getting very irate when people laugh at him.

I don't believe that in the great scheme of things that he matters to many.
    He has brought an issue to the surface though and it's an issue of concern to many.

• Advertisement

He speaks the truth, Francie.

A virtue which is sadly lacking in our society..

Vested interests Francie, anti establishment hacks, hurlers on the ditch, churns who don’t want to take responsibility for anything....who use wasters indolence for their own advantage....

You wouldn’t belong to any of that coterie Francie.... :cool:

I see many hard working people who are committed workers in this sector Brendan. Who are achieving things in getting those people to buy into education and other initiatives that bring self esteem back to them. All of which makes better citizens of them. Better citizens who don't harp on about minor inconveniences in their lives from a jealous standpoint. Who don't jump on cheap bandwagons and stir lazy keyboard warriors into feverish hate filled key tapping and in an attention seeking ego trip ruin many years of that hard work.
    You wouldn't belong to that coterie Brendy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Who are you shilling for?

Nobody yet, but I'm open to offers.

I was going to vote for Peter Casey, but the behaviour and arrogance of him and his supporters has put me and my entire family right off voting for him.

Am I doing it right boys? It's been a while since the last vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Nobody yet, but I'm open to offers.

I was going to vote for Peter Casey, but the behaviour and arrogance of him and his supporters has put me and my entire family right off voting for him.

Am I doing it right boys? It's been a while since the last vote.

Are you a travelling man yourself Boss?

Paddypower now have Casey at 100/1, down from 500/1 on Monday.
    everyone should get on this before paddy power wakes up
    this will be a bigger payout than bitcoin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

when are we likely to get the next opinion polls?

be interesting to see if Casey moves off 2%.

Anyone I've talked to today are right behind Casey.

I wasn't even going to vote but I'm going to drive 40 minutes to my polling station from work to cast my vote. Casey won't win but a good showing for him on the polls will make the politicians think. It might make them realise that the Irish people want proper representation on this issue and they'll see that there's votes there for them in the future if they speak the truth.

Enough of this PC bollocks from them, the media and the usual out of touch crowd. I implore everyone to get out to the polls, your vote will be crucial, for **** sake enough is enough.

every vote counts

Same here. Loads of ppl in my workplace said they are giving Casey their vote.

A few stragglers still holding steady with Mickey d but even they are puzzled by his confusing answers about expenses.

that money was only resting in his account :pac: :pac: :pac:

So you care more about Jews than travellers? Shame on you.
    how do sjws grade victims
    now that is a rabbithole i wouldn't like to go down:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

Did anyone else just hear that on Prime Time? In the VT on the presidential candidates, it was stated that Casey doubled down on his remarks about travellers today down in Tipperary.

WTF???

• Advertisement

I see many hard working people who are committed workers in this sector Brendan. Who are achieving things in getting those people to buy into education and other initiatives that bring self esteem back to them. All of which makes better citizens of them. Better citizens who don't harp on about minor inconveniences in their lives from a jealous standpoint. Who don't jump on cheap bandwagons and stir lazy keyboard warriors into feverish hate filled key tapping and in an attention seeking ego trip ruin many years of that hard work.
    You wouldn't belong to that coterie Brendy?

Most certainly not Francie, can’t understand why you might imply that.

No, what this poster eschews is fair play and good sport.

You avail of the states education system, which is there for everyone, and if you don’t partake, don’t expect the state to help you game the ‘schemes’ later on;)

Do you get me knife, Francie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement