Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It will only be a matter of time before other chancers get in on the game.

The people with planters surnames will start calling themselves an ethnic minority.

The families with Viking heritage the same.

Eventually followed by the ancient true gael familes of the island.

Everybody divided.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

The people with planters surnames will start calling themselves an ethnic minority.

Everybody divided.

Good old divide and rule, the oldest trick in the book to keep people down.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Hes been all over the media being criticized by the media! All the usual suspects Kitty Holland, Fintan O Toole etc etc all lining up to say how shocked they were to find out nearly 25% of the population were racists.

Interesting slot on Ivan Yates radio show from Rathkeale where Peter Casey had one of his biggest votes, a town where 80% of the houses are apparently owned by travellers. Lots of big houses, new cars and vans, no shortage of money obviously. Gets "lively" in December when around 2000 relations arrive back for a month.
    The source of the money?, maybe google Rathkeale rovers for that.

From my memory and this is going back 20 odd years ago, there was a road in rathkeale full of very nice houses, but some of them were boarded up and had caravans parked out front.

The owners used them for storage and were not living there most of the year.

BTW weren't some Rathkeale travellers involved in Oriental antiquities in the UK ?
    Heres the guys story. To be fair the clubs officers are backing him, so it seems very unlikely he is making it up.
    http://clarechampion.ie/travellers-racism/

I would definitely say that he was getting abused as I have seen and heard some awful stuff at underage levels when you play certain teams.
    Do you think he is not receiving racial abuse?

No I don't call it racial abuse simply because he is not of a different race unless he is of course a black or lets say Asian traveller.

And yes I would say it was abuse, just like players have received abuse for being gay, being a different religon, having relatives in the news, etc.
    There's one on Virgin Media One now talking about introducing teaching traveller culture in schools. It's on the Elaine show so I won't br watching.

Ehh what is traveller culture ??

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

We're having a cross burning in Murphy's field tomorrow at 6pm.

You'd be more than welcome to attend Mr Von Peppercorn.

Ah feck it I thought it was going to be in Brady's field this week. ;)

Or is that the Loyalists on Guy Fawkes night.

Just remember Brady's field is surrounded by halting sites in every direction.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Everybody divided.

Oh you racist. What about us of a Norman heritage?

Wheres my state provided keep and moat? My stables for my destrier and palfrey? Wheres my enceinte where i could safely organise culturally appropriate hastiludes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

And the funny thing is, even at his most unpopular he was on 2%!!!

You f###king idiot Barrett!!!

Good ole Rich Boy Barrett, yet another toff who's decided that he's going to save us proles. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

KevIRL wrote: »
    Rich boy Barrett on ivan yates at the moment saying that Peter Casey shouldn't be given airtime on the late late tonight. The irony of the leader of a 1% party saying a 23% guy shouldn't get airtime
    Mein fuhrer is on the late late tonight?? Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

We can waffle here all we want and listen to the morons in the media. The only thing that all change anything is voting for new solutions ...

I voted Casey , but he shouldn’t be just answering these idiotic traveller comments put to him , he should be destroying them. Trump goes out to attack his opponents, here, someone tells the truth and is nearly group shamed into questioning their own logic , such is the overwhelming leftie cesspit here! We need a serious , informed and articulate Rottweiler. Casey is a poodle ...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Idbatterim wrote: »
    We can waffle here all we want and listen to the morons in the media. The only thing that all change anything is voting for new solutions ...

I voted Casey , but he shouldn’t be just answering these idiotic traveller comments put to him , he should be destroying them. Trump goes out to attack his opponents, here, someone tells the truth and is nearly group shamed into questioning their own logic , such is the overwhelming leftie cesspit here! We need a serious , informed and articulate Rottweiler. Casey is a poodle ...

We as a state decided to confer SEMS on travellers. Casey is seeking to undermine that. Only 23% of the country agree with him that it is wrong. He is going to be questioned on it and challenged regardless of the victimhood moan from his supporters.

I expect we will hear some of his 'ach I didn't really mean it'.. whimpering that we heard on Aine Lawlor but like a sulky child he will insist on sticking to his belief (even though he can not point to anything in SEMS that gives extra rights) and the mob will cheer some more. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Mein fuhrer is on the late late tonight?? Excellent.

So is Peter Casey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Idbatterim wrote: »

Are you saying we need Nigel Firage?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

mickdw wrote: »
    Are you saying we need Nigel Firage?
    He has done excellent work getting his country out of the Eu . Not even a shot fired . Irish republicans have a lot to learn from Nigel Farage .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

no but seeing as we only have left of the political spectrum to choose from, they need a proper articulate hard liner, to counter the the entirely one sided spin you receive from media and politicians here!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

tretorn wrote: »
    No way in hell are halting sites going into Monkstown, there is lots of land in Cherrywood so the council will probably stick a few up there.

There's already a halting site in Monkstown to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Someone to lead a new right of centre political moment in Ireland?

Michael Mc Dowell is a great debater who has wiped the floor with lefties such as Gerry Adams in the past.

Someone with a clearly thought, logical, rational political position and who is politically informed is essential. What is not needed is a reactionary who says the first thing that comes into his head.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

SafeSurfer wrote: »

Michael Mc Dowell is a great debater who has wiped the floor with lefties such as Gerry Adams in the past.

Someone with a clearly thought, logical, rational political position and who is politically informed is essential. What is not needed is a reactionary who says the first thing that comes into his head.

PDs and Renua? Oh no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

McDowell
    Declan Ganley
    John Waters

Not really sold on Hermann Kelly and this Irexit stuff. Irexit is not a winning strategy at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

blinding wrote: »
    He has done excellent work getting his country out of the Eu . Not even a shot fired . Irish republicans have a lot to learn from Nigel Farage .

An MP was killed by right wing supporter

McDowell
    Declan Ganley
    John Waters

Not really sold on Hermann Kelly and this Irexit stuff. Irexit is not a winning strategy at all.

I’ve watched some of John Waters recent interviews and read his new book.

Let’s just say I don’t think he is cut out for politics.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

**** you SafeSurfer, **** you, you're only a bollix, go and interview Una Mullaly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I’ve watched some of John Waters recent interviews and read his new book.

Let’s just say I don’t think he is cut out for politics.

I don't believe he's cut out for anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Try_harder wrote: »
    An MP was killed by a Nutter (Ok , Right Wing ) .

Nobody knows for certain why this Nutter did what he did . The Clue is in Nutter .

Try_harder wrote: »

Many people have been killed by left wing Sinn Fein supporters.

Other people have been killed by Manchester United supporters and Beatles fans.

Your post is meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

If Casey goes with these right wingers I'm out. He had a huge working class vote who will not vote for McDowell, Waters, Ganley and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

blinding wrote: »
    An MP was killed by a Nutter (Ok , Right Wing ) .

Nobody knows for certain why this Nutter did what he did . The Clue is in Nutter .

He shouted Britain First before shooting & stabbing her. Anti-immigration & right-wing paraphernalia found in his flat. Stirred up like so many others by the Brexit campaign and other xenophobic nonsense. Including plenty now being directed at Ireland.

That's not the route for us to go down.

Many people have been killed by left wing Sinn Fein supporters.

Other people have been killed by Manchester United supporters and Beatles fans.

Your post is meaningless.

Forget the whataboutery. The OP said that no shots were fired during the Brexit campaign. Not true. And you've also got to take in all the racist attacks since the vote, directly accredited by the police to the campaign and result.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Forget the whataboutery. The OP said that no shots were fired during the Brexit campaign. Not true. And you've also got to take in all the racist attacks since the vote, directly accredited by the police to the campaign and result.

You have no evidence, because none exists, that Jo Cox’s murderer was part of Nigel Farages campaign. He had a long history of mental health issues and had sought treatment but been turned away the night before the murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Brexit hasn't happened yet either.
    As the Chinese leader said when asked what effects the French Revolution had on the world...'it's too early to say'.

You have no evidence, because none exists, that Jo Cox’s murderer was part of Nigel Farages campaign. He had a long history of mental health issues and had sought treatment but been turned away the night before the murder.

A pro-Brexit MP killed by an anti-Brexit supporter of Britain First in the middle of the referendum. Followed by the Leave campaign offering to suspend its campaign. And no link? Don't be disingenuous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

He shouted Britain First before shooting & stabbing her. Anti-immigration & right-wing paraphernalia found in his flat. Stirred up like so many others by the Brexit campaign and other xenophobic nonsense. Including plenty now being directed at Ireland.

That's not the route for us to go down.

You have to die of something and I am dying of boredom listening to PC nutters like Seathrun.

You have had your day, noone is listening anymore, no one listened anyway but they were afraid to say out loud what they were thinking so the twitter mob got louder and louder.

Peter Casey has enabled people to say what they think, looking forward to the Late Late.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement