Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    What time is Casey due on?

Don't know but I'm heading for a few pints soon. I'll probably miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    The more he speaks the more he'll show himself up. He'll go on a charm offensive on the LLS tonight but his level of intelligence and political savvy just won't cut it long-term.

With a new party in a general election he'd have to face Fianna Fail & Fine Gael who didn't put up candidates in the presidential election. They'd outmanoeuvre him and even if he had one half-decent election he'd be finished in the next.

Ireland has voted in successive general and presidential elections and referenda for the centre or left choice. The younger more liberal populace will ensure that trend continues. We're not as ill-informed and ill-educated as the Americans.

Smugness is not a guarantee that you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Just watch on the RTE player tomorrow, follow the thread here, and on the TV LLS thread. Then you can compare and contrast reality with fiction.

You're welcome :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Casey is really being set up tonight.
    Travellers everywhere in he audience.
    RTE really going out of their way to down him for Leo and the lefties.
    This could really backfire though if the 23.3 percent see through the ambush.
    That number might even grow in the next GE.

It's an attempt at "re-educating" the populous. Have an example of a successful person from a traveller background in Andy Lee, then have Casey attacked from planted travellers with sob stories.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

Once he went on RTE attacking immigration he put a target on his back. I bet we never see him on RTE again tbh. He's too unpredictable for them he was calling out African crime in Balbriggan and wanted the death penalty reintroduced lol

i believe he got a lot of abuse from the left and pulled out
    can't blame him tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Why shouldn't Casey confront those he castigated for a cheap vote?

He got the thrills, now he is being challenged on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

tretorn wrote: »
    Explain Brexit so.

You are quite offensive and superior about the American populace as a whole. You are showing your prejudice there.

Robinson is going on about migrants, let’s put a few thousand beside her along with a halting site.

She would make you ill.

Brexit I also put down to an under-educated, Ill-informed & gullible part of the voting populace (approx 27%).They’d been told by the Tory press & politicians for four decades that the EU was to blame for all the ills of the U.K. and that significant quarter of the UK voting population swallowed it wholesale.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Casey will be well able for Tubs and the like. He is nobody's fool. He pretends he is though to wind people up.

Could be interesting, but the minute he is ambushed by a house full of Left Wing Liberals and whiny Travellers, I will switch right off and send a snotty mail to RTE. I know.... but it helps with the anger management at times like this.

Why shouldn't Casey confront those he castigated for a cheap vote?

He got the thrills, now he is being challenged on it.

Maybe he'll do a Gerry and deny everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

i would like to see it but i can't bring myself to switch on tubridy

• Advertisement

Several posts here about an ambush on Casey. That implies a lack of confidence in him to deal with challenges. And yet he wants to be Taoiseach?

Maybe he'll do a Gerry and deny everything.

He didn't flinch, knowing exactly what he was walking into. Casey will do his Aine Lawlor whimper stuff. And you guys will love it, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Brexit I also put down to an under-educated, Ill-informed & gullible part of the voting populace (approx 27%).They’d been told by the Tory press & politicians for four decades that the EU was to blame for all the ills of the U.K. and that significant quarter of the UK voting population swallowed it wholesale.

Goes to show that the other side had well reasoned and coherent arguments prepared to counter that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Would love Casey to tell Tubs to go fcuk himself and walk off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

He didn't flinch, knowing exactly what he was walking into. Casey will do his Aine Lawlor whimper stuff. And you guys will love it, no doubt.

what is SFs dog in this fight ? , sure thier candidate is probably taking a punishment beating right now for failing to get he cash back ?

As I said to you many times now, it's not about Casey. It's the message he delivered.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    what is SFs dog in this fight ? , sure thier candidate is probably taking a punishment beating right now for failing to get he cash back ?

Casey did the dirt. He split their vote.

As I said to you many times now, it's not about Casey. It's the message he delivered.

Which is wandering about in the mediasphere and nobody has any answers because it was a half formed nonsense question to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

SF love the "Boys"

mfceiling wrote: »
    Goes to show that the other side had well reasoned and coherent arguments prepared to counter that.

Centre or left press is only a quarter of the print media. Right wing press have blamed the EU for every government misstep and counteracting that is nigh on impossible without ownership of media outlets.

• Advertisement

The master of the stereotype strikes again. Pathetic and funny in equal measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

Well Irish Citizens do not need to apply, so i doubt that many would be deported to Ireland.

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families
    "If you’re a European Union (EU) citizen, you and your family will be able to apply to get either settled or pre-settled status. This will mean you can continue living in the UK after December 2020.

You will not need to apply if:

you’re an Irish citizen
    you have indefinite leave to remain in the UK
    you have indefinite leave to enter the UK - for example, you have a Returning Resident visa

However, your family members from outside the UK and Ireland will need to apply.

Rights for citizens of Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland are still being negotiated."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Its not about Casey its the 23% and more that agree with him. If they pile on him they won't change any of his voters minds just reinforce them. Does look like a lot of travellers in the audience and Andy Lee is on too no coincidence.

Its not about Casey its the 23% and more that agree with him. If they pile on him they won't change any of his voters minds just reinforce them. Does look like a lot of travellers in the audience and Andy Lee is on too no coincidence.

Which is wandering about in the mediasphere and nobody has any answers because it was a half formed nonsense question to begin with.

Jaysus I'm embarrassed for you now after you being on here day and night without sleep trying to counter his "half formed nonsense", scarlet for ya Francie.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Several posts here about an ambush on Casey. That implies a lack of confidence in him to deal with challenges. And yet he wants to be Taoiseach?

I don't know if he'll be able to handle the ambush, I don't know if he is the one to lead Ireland in a Right-Wing movement. It may not be him, it may be the guy after him.

But one thing I truly 100% believe in is that when you get characters like Tubridy, Government, media and most importantly celebrities backing a cause against a movement, it will end up going terribly wrong for them. I truly and utterly believe it, just as much as the Pope believes in some guy upstairs. So I'm not bothered how tonight will go. In fact I have turned off now, my faith will remain unchanged in what will happen.

I have full faith that human beings do not like to be told what to think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Would love Casey to tell Tubs to go fcuk himself and walk off
    That's about his level, alright.

No surprise either to see Casey supporters imploring him to tell others to shut up.

That echo chamber just gets echoier.

Casey stole their votes and they dont have many to steal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Casey could take a lot of rural working class votes from SF.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

The master of the stereotype strikes again. Pathetic and funny in equal measure.

And i see you ve brought the rest of the bots to this thread

was just wondering why ?

some sort of link possibly ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement