Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home Hub

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 217 ✭✭Cockford Ollie

My Google store Hub got cancelled. (Revolut + PM)

Gone for John Lewis just now. Threw in a Home Mini for £25 too for no good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

My Google store Hub got cancelled. (Revolut + PM)

Gone for John Lewis just now. Threw in a Home Mini for £25 too for no good reason.

never thought of JL, looks to be in stock and free delivery to ireland, has anybody had any issues with ordering from them?
    Feck!,left it until the following morning to order from them instead, now £139:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭talla

Another option for everyone if they have a couple of hours to spare is to just reserve for collection in an Argos store in the North - pay when collecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

All my eggs are in the Littlewoods basket now. Order still processing. Gone back up in price everywhere now. If this one doesnt go through then I refuse to buy at the higher price, after all the messing around trying to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I ordered to AddressPal and it has shipped. I checked the tracking and it says it's only part delivered though. I ordered a hub and a mini. If it's just the mini that shows up I'll be raging!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

I ordered to AddressPal and it has shipped. I checked the tracking and it says it's only part delivered though. I ordered a hub and a mini. If it's just the mini that shows up I'll be raging!
    Hey I also ordered via address pal - it was received at the uk location on Friday afternoon - so Im hoping I get a message this week, I only ordered the Home and the delivery was confirmed in the UK.

I *think* address pal should be here by weeks end?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

jogdish wrote: »
    Hey I also ordered via address pal - it was received at the uk location on Friday afternoon - so Im hoping I get a message this week, I only ordered the Home and the delivery was confirmed in the UK.

I *think* address pal should be here by weeks end?

Last time I used AddressPal it took more then a week from arriving at their depot to the local post office!

My Home hub just arrived today via address pal, thats pretty fast.

-First impressions - wow it's small, but I like it and prefer it to another massive screen.
    -The EQ light thing is amazing for what I do not think is an OLED screen, so nice, just goes to almost black with the clock very dim once lights go out.
    -I have the sand colour one, nice.
    -So nice to see what it thinks you are saying.
    -So nice to see the actual color choices for bulbs, rather than saying and hoping a colour is understood.
    - I've managed to crash it three times, by asking (what the tutorial video suggest) "How do I cut a pineapple" - just frezzes then reboots, any one else?

Liking it!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

No crashes here as yet. Haven’t tried that command.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Mine arrived today too (via AddressPal) - very impressive little device. No issues so far, works very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Ordered from Littlewoods last week and order seems like it has shipped but is in this status:
    "26/11/2018 22:34 Sorted at PRIME SORT"

Anyone else the same?

So, playing any video from youtube frezzes and reboots my home hub - anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Anyone else the same?

Yep same here unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I've my speakers connect to echo dots, could I still control Spotify playing through dots, with Home Hub like you can through your phone or the app on your computer? Or will it just output Spotify through the home Hub speaker?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I've my speakers connect to echo dots, could I still control Spotify playing through dots, with Home Hub like you can through your phone or the app on your computer? Or will it just output Spotify through the home Hub speaker?

It would just play out through the home hub speaker, it won't work with Echo.

You'd need to get Chromecast Audio or connect the hub directly to a bluetooth speaker via bluetooth for it to play through one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Bored Accountant

Finally got an email from Littlewoods last night saying order despatched.
    Order status is now 'Despatched from SUPPLIER'. Its my christmas present so I have to wait a month to play with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

Bought two in John Lewis Oxford Street and looks the the two ordered by Littlewoods are out for delivery.

As much as I'd like 4.......Littlewoods do free returns which I'll use but if anyone wants to buy them for €115 or whatever the exact amount was and can collect either in Dublin city centre or Dublin 18 let me know.

I would be interested in 1 if still available ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I orderded from Littlewoods on November 25th. Was updated on 26th to say order being processed by supplier and hasnt changed since. delivery date on December 7th.

Money has been taken from my card so I am hopeful.

adox wrote: »
    I orderded from Littlewoods on November 25th. Was updated on 26th to say order being processed by supplier and hasnt changed since. delivery date on December 7th.

Money has been taken from my card so I am hopeful.

I placed my order on the 23rd, and was just last night the status updated, but they had taken the money straight away!!

During my Hub set up there was a question about setting it up for "Duo" voice calling - I was just wanting to use the machine so I skipped it.

Is Duo like Whatsapp voice calling, could I call my family at home from my phone and have them using any of my Google Homes (mini,normal,hub) conference style ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Duo I believe is the AI phone calling that Google developed. There are videos of it in action online, where they use it to book a table at a restuarant . Actually VERY clever,

bk wrote: »
    It would just play out through the home hub speaker, it won't work with Echo.

You'd need to get Chromecast Audio or connect the hub directly to a bluetooth speaker via bluetooth for it to play through one of those.

Ok thanks. So it doesn't have a Spotify app?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

It does, but they're different ecosystems, they don't work together.

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Duo I believe is the AI phone calling that Google developed. There are videos of it in action online, where they use it to book a table at a restuarant . Actually VERY clever,

I think that was called Duplex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

There are no apps, it's not Android. It uses Google cast you cast to it or from it. You can also connect it to Bluetooth speakers

There are no apps, it's not Android. It uses Google cast you cast to it or from it. You can also connect it to Bluetooth speakers

Ah ok thanks

Frunchy wrote: »
    It does, but they're different ecosystems, they don't work together.
    It's not about the ecosystems, it's about the Spotify app. If it supported the app like an Android phone or tablet there'd be no issue playing through the dots. If it only plays through device itself that's obviously different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

Ah ok thanks

It's not about the ecosystems, it's about the Spotify app. If it supported the app like an Android phone or tablet there'd be no issue playing through the dots. If it only plays through device itself that's obviously different.

No, Google Home and Echo devices have never worked together. They're rival companies to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

jogdish wrote: »
    I think that was called Duplex?

Yep
    Duo is the video calling service - https://duo.google.com/about/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

My littlewoods order is now up to this status:

29 November, 2018 11:49:40 Received at FASTWAY HUB
    26 November, 2018 22:34:06 Sorted at PRIME SORT
    26 November, 2018 12:36:53 Despatched from SUPPLIER
    24 November, 2018 08:36:05 Order being processed at supplier

So it's nearly here. Same as previous poster it's my XMas present so will be going under the tree for a few weeks.

• Advertisement

My littlewoods order is now up to this status:

29 November, 2018 11:49:40 Received at FASTWAY HUB
    26 November, 2018 22:34:06 Sorted at PRIME SORT
    26 November, 2018 12:36:53 Despatched from SUPPLIER
    24 November, 2018 08:36:05 Order being processed at supplier

So it's nearly here. Same as previous poster it's my XMas present so will be going under the tree for a few weeks.

Oh great, its fastway they use for shipping!! I can expect a phone call about a day after he drops it in my local shop, to tell me its there!!

Advertisement