Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home Hub

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

My order is still pending. I used Parcel Motel and an Irish debit card. Did anyone who got their order dispatched happen to do anything different? Perhaps use Revolut and pay in sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

Follow up on mine... After comments above didn't wait for a reply to my mail :D
    Requested a call back - got called back almost instantly; was informed it was cancelled as a result of a block on the tran from the credit card co - marked as fraud...

Not too surprising - UK store to a (first time used UK address - parcel motel)

So rang the card co, they cleared the fraud flag and suggested I try the tran again (btw callback guy from Google says once cancelled order is dead, you need a new one)

New order in... Fingers crossed

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

My order is still pending. I used Parcel Motel and an Irish debit card. Did anyone who got their order dispatched happen to do anything different? Perhaps use Revolut and pay in sterling?

I use ParcelWizard and a Revolut card with the address set on that to my PW address so that the delivery and billing address matches. I think doing that reduces issues with orders from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ive just re-ordered so will see how it goes.

Same card and shipping address as on previous purchases so no idea why it was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Requested a call back - got called back almost instantly; was informed it was cancelled as a result of a block on the tran from the credit card co - marked as fraud...

So rang the card co, they cleared the fraud flag and suggested I try the tran again (btw callback guy from Google says once cancelled order is dead, you need a new one)

How did request a call back?

• Advertisement

Rang my credit card company to see if they could see anything.

They said that they saw two payments for Google. First one rejected and second one accepted so hopefully this one will be ok.

bk wrote: »
    I use ParcelWizard and a Revolut card with the address set on that to my PW address so that the delivery and billing address matches. I think doing that reduces issues with orders from the UK.

Mine was just canceled. How do you change the address on Revolut? Can't see anything in the app.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Mine was just canceled. How do you change the address on Revolut? Can't see anything in the app.

More -> Profile -> Personal Details -> Home Address

Note leave the country as Ireland, I know that seems weird but it is Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Mine was ordered and shipped yesterday from the Google UK store, delivering it via AddressPal.

How did request a call back?
    Go to the contact us page, then Check my order statuses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Bored Accountant

My order just got cancelled in last 10 minutes, so went and ordered from Littlewoods ireland. Works out about a euro cheaper as no Parcel Motel to pay for.

Reordered with address pal and revolut and it shipped without hassle. Never used address pal before so hopefully no issues.

Although my second one wasn’t cancelled there was no sign of it moving so I cancelled it myself and reordered using Revolut.
    Let’s hope this works at last.

A lot of pfaffing about. I don’t know what Google have done since my last purchases but it’s a PITA.

Humbug... Cancelled by Google UK again.
    Time to check there is no block on my credit card again then off to Littlewoods

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Got my hub via parcel motel last night.

First thought was ... This is too small. It's tiny

But having used it I actually find the size perfect. I'm not ever going to sit and watch YouTube videos on this. I have a phone, a laptop, a chromecast and an iPad for that. It will be very handy for the kids to watch on though.

The screen is amazing. Photos look absurdly stunning.

Even a little thing like seeing what song is playing on Spotify makes a huge difference over the mini.

Sound seems comparable to the mini to me. I use a chromecast audio to a Sonos Play 5 so the sound is not a big deal to me.

This one is going in the living room but I'm already planning on getting one for the bedside locker

Delighted so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

When did you order, mine was delivered to my address pal location yesterday, no idea how long An Post take for it to come here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,068 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Go to Littlewoods and use this code KPAJG and get 10% extra off. Get the Home Hub for €103. You can thank me later!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Go to Littlewoods and use this code KPAJG and get 10% extra off. Get the Home Hub for €103. You can thank me later!
    getting 'not valid' on the code :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,068 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Moreilly wrote: »
    getting 'not valid' on the code :(

Feck was working earlier.

jogdish wrote: »
    When did you order, mine was delivered to my address pal location yesterday, no idea how long An Post take for it to come here.

I ordered on Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

jogdish wrote: »
    It could take a week, but who knows if they are back logged with black Friday parcels.

Last week, AddressPal took a week from receiving a package in the UK to ending up at the local post office, very slow.

Meanwhile, Parcel Wizard just delivered today (yes Saturday!) after receiving it in Northern Ireland yesterday!

The PW was the hub, but I'm not allowed open it until Christmas, booo.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

First thought was ... This is too small. It's tiny

But having used it I actually find the size perfect. I'm not ever going to sit and watch YouTube videos on this. I have a phone, a laptop, a chromecast and an iPad for that. It will be very handy for the kids to watch on though.

The screen is amazing. Photos look absurdly stunning.

Even a little thing like seeing what song is playing on Spotify makes a huge difference over the mini.

Sound seems comparable to the mini to me. I use a chromecast audio to a Sonos Play 5 so the sound is not a big deal to me.

This one is going in the living room but I'm already planning on getting one for the bedside locker

Delighted so far
    Quick question - can you specify a specific folder for the photos that it uses for the slideshow instead of all the photos on the google photos account?

Moreilly wrote: »
    Quick question - can you specify a specific folder for the photos that it uses for the slideshow instead of all the photos on the google photos account?

Yes you have specify one or more albums, same as on chromecast. It won't just loop through all your photos

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Same here, felt it was small but it’s perfect for most spots around house due to it being small, display makes all the difference being able to see what it thought you said. Would nearly be worth the 99£ Deal price for the google photos integration alone with the good quality screen.

Canceled again by Google despite using Revolut.

Frustrating.

adox wrote: »
    Canceled again by Google despite using Revolut.

Frustrating.

Did you use parcel motel? The address pal and revolut combo worked for me after parcel motel and my regular debit card order was cancelled

Did you use parcel motel? The address pal and revolut combo worked for me after parcel motel and my regular debit card order was cancelled

Yeah it was Parcel Motel both times. I gave up and ordered with Littlewoods instead so hopefully that one works out.

Stories now on the bargains thread of people getting their orders cancelled by Littlewoods.

Do Google actually want to sell these products?

It’s farcical at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

I don't think Google has authorised selling the Hub in Ireland yet.

Advertisement