Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

northgirl wrote: »
    Spanish Inquisition. So annoying...:mad:

I know right! I buy a pack every few months in the same pharmacy, some months I really need them. You'd feel like a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

La.de.da wrote: »
    I know right! I buy a pack every few months in the same pharmacy, some months I really need them. You'd feel like a child.

Or a dealer.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA that people are wearing Christmas jumpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA that people are wearing Christmas jumpers.

TA that people are just negative nellies :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    TA that people are just negative nellies :P

PbYV.gif

:pac: :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Someone telling me I don't love animals because I'm not a vegetarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

La.de.da wrote: »

I buy them in different pharmacies now as I was told one one particular pharmacy that you shouldn't take solpadeines for headaches and as I read the pack and number one was headaches she couldn't look at me.

WTAF?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

What tosh.....

We can all love animals and vegetables at the same time.......even on the same plate....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

northgirl wrote: »
    WTAF?!
    selous wrote: »
    What tosh.....

We can all love animals and vegetables at the same time.......even on the same plate....:eek:

True story. Then I said 'I like animals so' being smart and they said 'oh you only like some animals'.

Arrrrggggggghhhhhh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

Autosport wrote: »
    I buy them in different pharmacies now as I was told one one particular pharmacy that you shouldn't take solpadeines for headaches and as I read the pack and number one was headaches she couldn't look at me.

She was right, mild to moderate codeine use can cause rebound headaches. Should be avoided.

I've a pain in my tummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

An ex co-worker (who I never liked anyway) treated my sister like **** today when she was in working. I am absolutely fuming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Quote from my 81 year old mother:

You can not kill all @rsë;ho***s. Otherwise there would not be enough left for next year.

Heads up...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Being called for Jury Duty. Work in a public facing job, in the town where the court is sitting. No thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

People calling the first episode of a TV series the "pilot." A pilot episode is a standalone episode to see if a series is a runner, not the first episode of a planned series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Being called for Jury Duty. Work in a public facing job, in the town where the court is sitting. No thanks!

Ha!
    Had just finished my leaving cert and was called for jury duty...had to be there at 9...woke and 8.45....courthouse is 5 mins away...so I ran....and forgot my glasses!!
    Sat in the room with 200 others thinking lovely..won't be called....and they called 20 people...
    objection.. objection.. .etc...and another 10 called up.. including me ... stood up expecting an objection..and none came..
    So, sworn in... put my head down...and walked to the rest of the jury....judge then says we'll recess, you can all go to the waiting room...walked past the defendants....and a big "Hey Mookie"...looked up and 1 of them was a schoolmate of mine!!
    Thankfully they pleaded out while we were in the waiting room as I could have been in big trouble otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Got an e-mail at work today about the plans we have to make for the impending UK withdrawal from the EU which included multiple references to the "Boarder issue". I didn't even know we had let out a few empty offices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Got an e-mail at work today about the plans we have to make for the impending UK withdrawal from the EU which included multiple references to the "Boarder issue". I didn't even know we had let out a few empty offices.

That's how to pronounce it in Belfast...they spelled it phonetically! :D

I've been made aware of a persons private bitchiness towards me. I noticed comments before that referenced personal things I'd mentioned but let them go, but this is particularly disappointing. I used to like them very much, which makes it worse.

It's not nice knowing you're being badmouthed and you can't defend yourself.

• Advertisement

• Not really trivial but I’m pretty annoyed I lost my fricken house keys. Thank god Mrs. Kallie Flabby Schoolwork had the spare set in her handbag when we came home from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I have a set of fairy lights in my room that need the batteries changing. TA that there's a screw you need to unscrew to get at the batteries, and I can't find a screwdriver small enough

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you've a pointy nail file, try with that: it works, sometimes. :)

New Home wrote: »
    If you've a pointy nail file, try with that: it works, sometimes. :)

My mam suggested that and I don't have one but that may be easier to track down than a small screwdriver :)

• Kitty6277 wrote: »
    My mam suggested that and I don't have one but that may be easier to track down than a small screwdriver :)

Could try dealz or something similar. They usually have a fair range of different size screwdrivers! Always handy to have one in a drawer for situations such as that!!

Could try dealz or something similar. They usually have a fair range of different size screwdrivers! Always handy to have one in a drawer for situations such as that!!

You're actually spot on, I'll take a look tomorrow if I get a chance!

Brain, please stop thinking about random shìte and keeping me awake. I'd like to not be wrecked in uni in the morning if that's okay

• Speaking of dealz TA’d that my local one (not sure if it’s the same for all of them) keeps asking if I want to buy any sweets every time I go to pay. I mean in fairness if I wanted fcuking sweets I’d have gone down the sweet isle wouldn’t I?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I want Fairy Lights in my Sitting-Room now too! :/

Just watching a Video on Youtube there. And I'm hearing more and more of this term, to reach out to someone becoming the norm thrown into a conversation. No you didn't feicing reach out to them, we're not that advanced yet! :P you called them or contacted them or visited them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd it's time to get up, what I wouldn't give for a few more mins in bed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ta'd it's time to get up, what I wouldn't give for a few more mins in bed!

Consider yourself thanked 10 times. 7 more minutes granted! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement