Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

New Home wrote: »
    If you've a pointy nail file, try with that: it works, sometimes. :)

Tip of a sharp knife?

Speaking of dealz TA’d that my local one (not sure if it’s the same for all of them) keeps asking if I want to buy any sweets every time I go to pay. I mean in fairness if I wanted fcuking sweets I’d have gone down the sweet isle wouldn’t I?

They're for the homeless apparently. Can think of better ways to contribute there...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    Consider yourself thanked 10 times. 7 more minutes granted! :)

Yay :-D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    You're actually spot on, I'll take a look tomorrow if I get a chance!

Brain, please stop thinking about random shìte and keeping me awake. I'd like to not be wrecked in uni in the morning if that's okay

Get yourself a precision screwdriver set. I have one and use it all the time!
    813FebEis0L._SX425_.jpg

They come in a box a little bigger than a pack of cards so you can throw them in a drawer for when they are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

Not so much TA’d but I more enraged that the selfie and snapchat filter culture has become so normalised that you see missing posters, social media posts about missing teenagers/people and news articles about murdered people featuring pictures of the person doing duck face, dog ears and nose or the perfect skin filter. It baffles me....is that the missing girl I saw earlier ?? No it can’t be because she has acne and the girl in the photo has perfect porcelain skin with no lines on her face with an eye sparkle.

I am aware that the pictures are taken from their social media and that is probably the only photo available but who cares about context. Bah grumble!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭mikemac2

You are leaving your job and want to send a goodbye email to your team and the people who know you? Cool, make it a great email, all the best. I’ll sign your card too

My TA is receiving leaving emails from people I never heard off.

“As you may have heard I’m moving on and bla bla”. I hadn’t heard, I’ve never met you. Why do people send leaving emails to 350 people :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

In my previous job we had an online bulletin board for all that stuff. Now I get bombarded with emails about retirements and bereavement notices. One day I got so many I missed work related email that was buried amongst them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

northgirl wrote: »
    Tip of a sharp knife?

Tried that, no luck
    Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Get yourself a precision screwdriver set. I have one and use it all the time!
    813FebEis0L._SX425_.jpg

They come in a box a little bigger than a pack of cards so you can throw them in a drawer for when they are needed.

Might actually do that, you never know when they could come in handy :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Tried that, no luck

Might actually do that, you never know when they could come in handy :)

I actually used it last night, I used the smallest one to clean fluff out of a headphone jack on a gaming controller :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I'm surrounded by stupid ****ing idiots :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I have tonight's dinner made and ready to go, so of course now all I want to do is eat out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

to use a cliche....if you cant stand the heat,get out the kitchen. dont stay in the kitchen and complain about the heat!

TA hot kitchen complainers!

(TA is not actually kitchen related,more a metaphor for a frustrating situation)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Mornings and evenings are getting darker so I'm wearing my high vis vest to reduce my chances of becoming road kill when cycling. I wore it when going into work on Saturday morning. After work I had a violin lesson and it was bright enough to cycle home without it. I went to go out later that evening and couldn't find the vest anywhere.

I checked work today - no vest. I checked where I had my violin lesson - no vest. Double checked the house again - no vest. It's not that big a deal but ffs how did I manage to lose a luminous vest?? It's not like they just fade into their surroundings :pac:
    So I found it. It was in a bag with music notes. D'oh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Not so much TA’d but I more enraged that the selfie and snapchat filter culture has become so normalised that you see missing posters, social media posts about missing teenagers/people and news articles about murdered people featuring pictures of the person doing duck face, dog ears and nose or the perfect skin filter. It baffles me....is that the missing girl I saw earlier ?? No it can’t be because she has acne and the girl in the photo has perfect porcelain skin with no lines on her face with an eye sparkle.

I am aware that the pictures are taken from their social media and that is probably the only photo available but who cares about context. Bah grumble!!

TA that I dont understand what this is about (but not doubting that you are right )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

TA that ESB Networks turned the power in the area off today & now I have to try to fix all the time clocks knowing that some of them will have to change again when the hour changes. Grrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I am cold. The switch for the boiler is in the kitchen but there is a kitty on my lap and I cant move. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I caught a work colleague talking about me today, it wasn’t nice either but by god she was mortified as she didn’t see me and I answered her when she said my name. My friend said to me How have you not murdered her yet and my reply was She’s not worth jail time. It’s nice to know I’m on her mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

People. They are so mean. Turning off my phone for the night so I don't have to deal with them :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at you're man Dave who's moderator of presidential debate, silly questions and couldn't moderate two cats arguing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TA my 2 charging leads are gone dodgy and it takes twisting and constant watching and fiddling to charge phone or kindle. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The absolute state of our kitchen. The draining board's piled up with stuff, the sink is full of dirty dishes, and the worktop next to the sink has dirty oven trays and stuff on it. Even more annoying when next to the sink is where I prepare my food and now I've no space

• Registered Users Posts: 6,541 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

This is trivial. Trivially annoying that I'm even mentioning it, but at the end of The Tonight Show on TV3, Ivan Yeats usually says "We'll be back tomorrow on the radio" and Matt Cooper follows with "...separately, and we'll be back on television tomorrow night."

There's something about that 'separately' that really wrecks my head. And they keep doing it!

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I am cold. The switch for the boiler is in the kitchen but there is a kitty on my lap and I cant move. :(

There the only warmth you need :3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

TA'd that when I open boards, it takes a second or two longer for the advert at the top to load and when I go to click a thread the ad pushes everything down and I click on something else. Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Amazon - who have been sitting on an order for 8 days, decide to send a cheery 'Dispatched!' email at 4:18 am...normally it wouldn't but the single buzz of the phone woke me and took ages to get back to sleep grrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

Been awake most of the night sick with cramps and running to the bathroom. Still had to come to work though. Feel like CR*P!!!!!!!!

Got the Flu Jab yesterday and my arm feels like it's someone else's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Had an mri scan this morning.
    Those machines are a bit scary.
    And having to be still for 20 mins? Gimme some sedative please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Oh...and speaking of Amazon...my ten year old nieces who live 4000 miles away managed to subscribe me to amazon prime so they could watch their princess pony movies. That was 3 months ago and only spotted it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Woke up to the sound of post landing in the hall, the sound resembled the sound of a DVD/video game case hitting the floor, I've dropped many a DVD case so I'm used to the sound. My heart skipped a beat thinking it was the new and eagerly anticipated Red Dead Redemption game that I've been waiting on for ages, as well as millions of other people. Game isn't due out till Friday, me overjoyed with the certainty of the noise, I boot it downstairs to collect my package and hug the postman...

I look down at the front door and it's a property tax bill. Well...f**k it anyway!

Must have imagined the "DVD case noise"

Waaaaah!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement