Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Bullsh1t prententious crisp labeling.
    Hand cooked - so they were cooked in someone's hand?
    Hand cut - nonsense, they went through a big machine
    Atlantic sea salt and cider vinegar - go way outta dat.

Yep got a bag of some pretentious crisps like that and they forgot to put

'Hard as flint' on the bag

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA songs from "a star is born" are stuck in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People who can't package CDs properly when posting them.

A square of bubble wrap over the CD tray's teeth (the part that holds the disc) means it won't be smashed on arrival.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Bullsh1t prententious crisp labeling.
    Hand cooked - so they were cooked in someone's hand?
    Hand cut - nonsense, they went through a big machine
    Atlantic sea salt and cider vinegar - go way outta dat.

There's even one type with "shamrock" or "clover" extract, I can't remember which. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

People who can't package CDs properly when posting them.

A square of bubble wrap over the CD tray's teeth (the part that holds the disc) means it won't be smashed on arrival.

What's a CD ?

• Advertisement

What's a CD ?

Compact Disc.
    Still the most popular format for new album sales.

However, the second hand CD market has seen a serious drop in prices which means albums can be picked up for pennies - hence I purchase a lot of these online.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Yep got a bag of some pretentious crisps like that and they forgot to put

'Hard as flint' on the bag

People can keep their pretentious crisps, I love the cheaper ones. Gimme some Thai Rings, Rancheros or Hot Lips any day!

People who don't seem to realise that different delivery methods for music, film/television and books can happily co-exist.

Vinyl & CD vs downloads & streaming
    DVD & BD vs Netflix
    Books vs Kindle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Sitting at the table rubbing my big tummy thinking that I'd better lose some weight as the middle chicken is making her communion next year......then I Wolf a whole packet of chocolate mikado elite to myself...... for ****s sake like!!!

• gifted wrote: »
    Sitting at the table rubbing my big tummy thinking that I'd better lose some weight as the middle chicken is making her communion next year......then I Wolf a whole packet of chocolate mikado elite to myself...... for ****s sake like!!!

The amount of times I’ve thought the same thing & a few hours later order a large pizza or similar is astounding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who spit on the ground. Disgusting creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Magnum have launched a Vegan range. For some greaser in a smelly wooly jumper and stupid brown shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

As my TV broke down last week i´m hooked to my old FM radio.

All three stations i get in my neck of the woods are playing the same 30 songs up and down for hours without end. And streaming is no option as i´m on a limited mobile connection for the next two weeks. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Went to all the effort of chopping up veg for my dinner and now that it's cooked I'm not sure I want it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

gifted wrote:

They're so lovely though gifted. And why shouldn't you treat yourself?….. that's what I tell myself anyways :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,708 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The guy driving the red Skoda northbound on the M50 with a child in the back today, who decided that the outside lane at >100kmph is a good spot for a bit of texting

• Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Magnum have launched a Vegan range. For some greaser in a smelly wooly jumper and stupid brown shoes.

:rolleyes:

New TA, people who moan about vegans/vegetarians as though their dietary choices somehow affect them. You realise also while being a smartarse there’s thousands of people who are medically unable to eat dairy, now they can enjoy a magnum just like you and I. God the horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

When you go to click into a thread but accidently click into the name of the last poster. Then you spend the day hoping they don't check who viewed their profile and think you are stalking them......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

TG1 wrote: »
    When you go to click into a thread but accidently click into the name of the last poster. Then you spend the day hoping they don't check who viewed their profile and think you are stalking them......

Sure Jan...

:rolleyes:

New TA, people who moan about vegans/vegetarians as though their dietary choices somehow affect them. You realise also while being a smartarse there’s thousands of people who are medically unable to eat dairy, now they can enjoy a magnum just like you and I. God the horror.

You have obviously never tasted the "free from" range... enjoy ain't the word I'd use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Having to spend £30 on clothes for work. I know you've gotta spend money to make money and all that but I had all that stuff at home and didn't even think to bring it here with me :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The noise out of some people eating at the cinema. They're like pigs out of troughs. You'd swear they'd never eaten before.

There was a girl behind us last night and it sounded like she was eating out of one of those large potato bags that sounds almost like cardboard. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I was thinking of getting an Airfryer for a while. Could never justify the expense but now Lidl had a decent looking one for 50 which is a bargain. So maybe getting that and try it out and maybe at some point upgrade?
    Sounds fine but what does me?

Walks into Lidl yesterday, they had one left that was out of the package but all seals still intact so no problem there. Suddenly I get doubts and after 5 minutes in front of it arguing I decide to keep shopping and maybe go back later to get it. I made my mind up, I want it when suddenly a family walks past with it. OH FFS WHY AM I LIKE THAT?!
    I went to 3 Lidls today on the way of my round trip to Kilkenny and they're sold out everywhere.
    I could kick myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Film4 are showing Home Alone.

It is only October FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Film4 are showing Home Alone.

It is only October FFS

One of the best Christmas films :) it should be shown all year round

Autosport wrote: »
    One of the best Christmas films :) it should be shown all year round

I like the film, just not this early in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Autosport wrote: »
    One of the best films EVERRRR!! :) it should be shown all year round

FYP Auto :D

I like the film, just not this early in the year.

I just bought Xmas wrapping paper!!

I'm doing up 2 shoeboxs for kids in Moldova..will probably end up doing 1 or 2 more.

Ah here, I am surrounded by Christmas heads.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Ah here, I am surrounded by Christmas heads.....

Surely this is in the wrong thread?? It's only 64 days to go, nearly time for the tree to go up! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement