Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Around my bedroom door is tiled

I used to come home in the evenings and wonder why there was a puddle of water on it. I have a small fridge and sometimes I turn off when it's empty so figured a fridge discharges a little water. It's no big deal and I assumed I caused it

Today I'm home early on a half day .....the housemates girlfriend (who spends more time in the house than us rent payers and realy should not be here on her own imo! ) does not know how a shower curtain works.

The bathroom is outside my door and she floods the bathroom floor and corridor and it flows under my door

It wasn't my fault after all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

Succubus_ wrote: »
    My missus is at the vet with the cat. He got into a fight last night and he has a bad cut above his eye. Poor little guy has an abscess and he needs antibiotics. I feel so guilty that I'm not there to look after him.

Best of luck puss. They're pretty resilient though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

When people give useless, unhelpful advice.

Build a bridge...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Had this pointless conversation Saturday morning. Background: my wife has this lame puppy male friend (bit of a disaster with love and family etc) but he kinda lives of inheritance and just odd jobbing.

Anyway she agreed with him to clear a half demolished front wall at our place which would widen the access adjoining the road. Fine.

So he arrives on Saturday morning around 10:30 (wife at work since 8am) with a few guys. It's Saturday I am wreaked and two small kids hanging off me.

He knocks on the door when I am already harassed:

Oddjob: "Not sure if I am meant to knock the pillar at the end or leave it. Can't remember what Mary said"

Me: "To be honest I haven't a clue what Mary wants so if you are not sure just leave it just in case and we can always just knock it after if she wants out."

Oddjob: "I am pretty sure she wants it out so I'll take it out"

Me: "Fine"

So what was the fcuking point in that conversation....you Muppet...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA’d at myself for not telling myself last night that gin and tequila are not a good mix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

:eek: mudder a god

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TA’d at myself for not telling myself last night that gin and tequila are not a good mix

That's the devils drink kitty 😈😈😈

Me to interviewer : 30 minutes of technical stuff, every question nailed !

Interviewer to me: what is your greatest weakness?

Me: blank

Why can I answer every difficult question and get flummoxed by this ??

Yeah I have weaknesses but I went blank

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

mikemac2 wrote: »

“My biggest weakness is going blank when asked a ridiculous question.”

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Next time there is your weakness right there . You get flummoxed by that question .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You should just hum your weakness instead. hhhhmmmmmmmmmmhhhmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Repeat after me, 'my greatest weakness is that im a perfectionist, I drive myself too hard to get things done properly and meet deadlines/on time'

A handy one to have up your sleeve I think.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

just memorise one weakness and stick to that all the time

Weakness - Public Speaking however I am working on it and try to talk in groups now as much as I can in order to improve this

blah blah

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    just memorise one weakness and stick to that all the time

Weakness - Public Speaking however I am working on it and try to talk in groups now as much as I can in order to improve this

blah blah

Ah dammit

I’ve used this before and it served me well

Dunno what happened today, oh well , is in the past now

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Recommending a good film to someone and they come back to you and say they didn't like it and couldn't follow it.
    Me : Were you looking at your phone and laptop the entire duration of the film?
    Them : Yeah sher I always do that, the United V Liverpool game was on.
    Me : Did you watch it at night time? Like I said.
    Them : No I watched it after lunch yesterday.
    Me : I give up.

The film was The Shining.
    Totally lost on a soccer lemming / paddypower slave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Bredabe

In a temper yesterday I replied to an email from a utility company I used to use,
    In the cold light of night, it dawns on me that it was a scam email!
    It was my grown up account and a lot of people have it. I've done all the account safety stuff and all seems ok for now.

TA, I KNOW BETTER THAN TO DO THIS, I DO, I HAVE INTERNET SECURITY BEATEN INTO MY GENES!WHY OH WHY WAS I THAT STUPID:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

THe Shining is a fcking great movie. It has to be watched on a cold night.
    My TA is I will never enjoy watching The Shining for the first time again unless I bang my head and lose my memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Cycling on footpaths. Parking on footpaths

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Headline on the 6.1 news:

"And the Best Actress Oscar goes to the Irish produced film, the Favourite..."

No it doesn't. It goes to Olivia Colman. Get off the fooking bandwagon ye gimps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Headline on the 6.1 news:

"And the Best Actress Oscar goes to the Irish produced film, the Favourite..."

No it doesn't. It goes to Olivia Colman. Get off the fooking bandwagon ye gimps.

Indeed! And we're always the first ones who give out when the brits try and claim something /someone as their own. We're as bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Since someone on here I think, mentioned that Brexit clock on the news, it's now annoying me too.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

That insurance add for 123go.
    Mother wilfully distracting young inexperienced son while he's driving.
    Who the f√ck thought that was a good idea for an add promoting safe driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I scrubbed the shower yesterday and realised today that I had used fabric freshener and not the antibacterial spray.

I was in a cafe today and I saw a woman around my age and who I assumed to be her Dad come in. While they sat there she spent the whole time on her phone. I know this is absolutely none of my business when it is total strangers and maybe the man wasn't bothered at all but I felt bad for him. It's the height of disrespect to sit scrolling in company :(

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

That freaky momo image keeps appearing on my news notifications, like if I wanted to see it I’d click into the article

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That freaky momo image keeps appearing on my news notifications, like if I wanted to see it I’d click into the article

That whole story is just ridiculously vague and suspect. Loads of "alleged" "it's believed" stuff but very few actual confirmed facts or details. I have serious doubts whether there is any such "challenge" at all. It's like a chain warning that got picked up by the mainstream media. Even the official Garda warning is as vague as fcuk, I'd put money on them not having a single confirmed case of this *actually* happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Kendal Jenner's Oscars dress, because young girls want to be like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The Oscars in general - too many agendas being subtly cro-barred into the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I must be the only freak in the world who hates when the days get longer and the weather gets warmer. Everyone is constantly saying to me how it's so lovely outside and I'm at home with the blinds down. I hate when the days get longer and the weather gets warmer. I just want to hide away even more. Give me a cold winter night where I can bundle up in a coat with my hood up and enjoy the darkness, hidden, unseen, free. Of course I'll look like a lunatic telling strangers that when I make small talk so I just pretend to be enjoying the stretch in the evenings even though it fills me with dread.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

In the supermarket when the aul lad behind refuses to put his groceries on the conveyor until the 'next customer' thing (whatever it's called) is placed down. He then proceeds too push by me and the people in front to get one.

Don't worry pal I'm not going to steal and pay for your two packets of sliced cheese!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

RAG week and getting asked for my student ID every time I wanna walk through campus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement