Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The exclamation "ugh" is supposed to be used to express disgust. Lately I have been seeing it used to express the opposite and it annoys me.

"Ugh, that dress. It's so beautiful!"
    "Ugh. That puppy is so cute."
    "Ugh. I love you so much!"

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Luas Stops which are too close together....

I understand why say, Abbey St and Jervis both exist but there is no need for the Museum stop when it's so close to Heuston

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

B_ecke_r wrote: »

I understand why say, Abbey St and Jervis both exist but there is no need for the Museum stop when it's so close to Heuston

irish people are lazy as ****

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    The exclamation "ugh" is supposed to be used to express disgust. Lately I have been seeing it used to express the opposite and it annoys me.

"Ugh, that dress. It's so beautiful!"
    "Ugh. That puppy is so cute."
    "Ugh. I love you so much!"

Much like LOL.
    I sit across an office from someone that I'm on chat with. They say LOL quite a bit. They are never laughing out loud though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

B_ecke_r wrote: »

Still not as bad as bus stops.
    There's a few going through Leixlip where you can see the next one from the one you've stopped at..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

irish people are lazy as ****

I imagine the logic behind it was not for Irish people to use it but rather so tourists would find it easier to find.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

The receipts that accumulate in my wallet. This is my own fault. I just keep them. No idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

When you are talking to someone or in a meeting and their mobile rings and the person goes: 'I can't talk now. I'm in a meeting.'

My question: then why did you even bother answering the phone you Muppet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Just overtake me and stop walking creepily close behind me. Our shadows are practically walking side by side!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

When you're using the TV as a radio it's a pity the name of the songs don't come up on the screen (Saorview)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When someone hovers behind you while you are doing something waiting for you to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Dental nurse kept sticking the spit sucker thing too far back in my mouth today at the dentist. Gagged every time she did it.

[insert dick joke here]

TA'd that I pay a fee for privacy on a .com I own but now most of the info is zapped under GDPR. Only a fiver a year or so but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,857 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TA'd that I pay a fee for privacy on a .com I own but now most of the info is zapped under GDPR. Only a fiver a year or so but still...

It's the principle of the thing isn't it ?

TA , I'm tired .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at whoever thought coming up with gdpr was a good idea

Ta'd at whoever thought coming up with gdpr was a good idea

Seems to be a catch-all convenient excuse for hiding stuff at times.

Still - looks likes I can now save a whole €5 a year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Forgot to change my Fantasy Football team!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »
    Forgot to change my Fantasy Football team!

That was me last Friday evening,major ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Practising my pp and presentation in front of an audience again today, in the first part I go through the changes in voting between the act of union and the writing of the Irish constitution, made it through with limit mishap.
    The teen in the group complained that it was 'all about women'. a tenth of the presentation was about women, a tenth! and' its all about women'
    (spot the future incel)

TA I bet I'll get similar comments from my male classmates as well.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

There was someone on The Chase just now who was called Chloe but spelled it “Clohe”, like, why would you??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Car tax

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

There was someone on The Chase just now who was called Chloe but spelled it “Clohe”, like, why would you??

That seems like someone made a spelling mistake on the birth certificate and never bothered to change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

The Rte fcuking player. I don't think I've ever managed to watch a show without it crashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

Succubus_ wrote: »
    The Rte fcuking player. I don't think I've ever managed to watch a show without it crashing.

RTE Player is a collection of 1's and 0's carefully arranged with great precision to create something that is purest junk. Start it...wait for it to buffer...wait some more...sit through an ad the length of a feature film...oops now the ad needs to buffer....ah wait..here comes the program you wanted...CRASH...start it again...wait for it to buffer...here comes another ad....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

That insurance add for 123go.
    Mother wilfully distracting young inexperienced son while he's driving.
    Who the f√ck thought that was a good idea for an add promoting safe driving?

seeing someone spell ad as add, twice.

once, okay, it's a typo. twice, you actually think it's spelled that way and I can't understand why. there's only one d in advertisement like

Waking up and not being able too go back too sleep and thinking you've been asleep for 8 hours and realizing then it's the witching hour and you've only had about 3 .

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Been waking up way to early recently, then crashing around 9:30. Rinse & repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Been waking up way to early recently, then crashing around 9:30. Rinse & repeat.

I'd say a lot of Liverpool fans are suffering from... "Title Fear"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'd say a lot of Liverpool fans are suffering from... "Title Fear"

Play nice children...

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

1. The 1st traffic light i have on my commute remains red for at least another 2 minutes when you arrive.
    2. The complete and utter idiot who didnt stop at the line, and thus on the sensors in the road, at above traffic light so the light probably would still be red now if i hadnt get out of my car to point it out to the ****wit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement