Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

quickbeam wrote: »
    Sure, there's a grand stretch in the evenings these days :P

3.6 seconds !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who still go to the gym when they’re on holidays in a different country. Could ya be arsed!

TA: the huge number of people who misuse the expression "Begs the question". I just read somebody writing it in another AH thread. It does not mean, and never has meant, it poses/raises the question. Nothing of the sort.

How to use "begs the question"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When you swallow a tablet and it feels like it gets stuck halfway down

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Crap Horror Films.So sick of sitting down to watch a horror film[1] they are not scary
    [2] they start off wiih a great idea but get lose the plot half way through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

razorblunt wrote: »
    RTE complaining about folk not paying the licence fee, tonight sees Vogue Williams being sent to Vancouver to report back on it for a travel show.

A few years ago on one of their talk shows, they had a psychic reading Twink's dog's aura, which is so f*cking stupid, everyone involved should have been fired for wasting tax payers' money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Can’t find my earphones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

The guy next to me on the train is chewing with his mouth open

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

http://www.anonews.co/nurse-blows-up-the-internet-shares-payslip-for-everyone-to-see/?fbclid=IwAR27KUcPzudRJztp1mLyrU5iO_hnzwdmWaYGuLyAfPMxVJ6P_2nk-517ne0

More than trivially annoyed.
    Irish nurse shares payslip...
    Bad reporting with incorrect facts.
    Apparently we're in the UK and get free healthcare according to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm usually giving out about the free newspapers that come in the door, kicking them out of my way. Today I have a use for old newspapers and not a sign of one anywhere. oh well.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I am surrounded by people who if they think I want them to do something (usually something to help themselves) then that is the best reason for them not to do it 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

deise08 wrote: »
    http://www.anonews.co/nurse-blows-up-the-internet-shares-payslip-for-everyone-to-see/?fbclid=IwAR27KUcPzudRJztp1mLyrU5iO_hnzwdmWaYGuLyAfPMxVJ6P_2nk-517ne0

More than trivially annoyed.
    Irish nurse shares payslip...
    Bad reporting with incorrect facts.
    Apparently we're in the UK and get free healthcare according to this.

I just read that, Jaysus, they even changed the euro into pounds! Did they not think for a second, wait, maybe if the payslip is in euro it's not from the UK?

I've seen some horrid journalism but that really takes the biscuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Oh God I really need to come up with a cunning plan to get out of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by the cold I have giving me a mouth drier than the sahara desert

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Men with trousers flapping above their ankles.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oh God I really need to come up with a cunning plan to get out of work.

Hmmm. Rob a bank? Marry a very very very very very very very very very old person with a very very very very very very very very very weak heart and a very very very very very very very very very hefty bank account (equivalent road frontage will do)? Invest in scratchcards?

Ok, I've given you my best ideas. Now you're on your own.

No, actually, I've one more: let Fartie do all the work and be a kept man. But Fartie might not like it, mind you.

I don't think it's cunning enough Homeo. It needs to be more cunning than a fox dressed as a rooster.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ok, I can see you're fussy. How about getting the old person to rob the bank for you? Come on, nobody would expect that.

They're only handy if you're Milhouse and there's a flood.

On that note: trousers, tops, pyjamas, clothes in general that are the right size girth-wise, but whose sleeves and legs are at least 15cm too short* for you (and not on purpose - it's like wearing a petite size when it's not!). I HATE that. I also hate pyjamas whose legs end up all bunched up around your knees as soon as you get into bed. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!! :mad:

*And before people complain about that, if they're too long you can at least get them altered, but you can't do that if they're too short! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Another one of my shirts has come out of the wash with the sleeves shrunken in length by about an inch.
    I've had this shirt for about 15 months and then BOOM!

Why the fock does this keep happening to my clothes? It's hard enough finding jumpers, shirts, and jackets with the right arm length at 6'3 without this sort of fúckery.

I liked the fit of this shirt too, which is what hurts the most!
    Thankfully tomorrow is pay day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

They're generally the crowd that will wear suits about 7 sizes too small because they think a suit should be "bet onto you" and not fit correctly.
    Unfortunately, I have friends that fall into this category.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I don't think it's cunning enough Homeo. It needs to be more cunning than a fox dressed as a rooster.
    New Home wrote: »
    Ok, I can see you're fussy. How about getting the old person to rob the bank for you? Come on, nobody would expect that.

Pm Poochie,she'll give tips on how to be cunning :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I had a dream about a boardsie last night and their head was their avatar and it was very disconcerting altogether :P

Succubus_ wrote:
    I had a dream about a boardsie last night and their head was their avatar and it was very disconcerting altogether

Where was the head Succubus?! C'mon you can tell us... :D

Where was the head Succubus?! C'mon you can tell us... :D

Sadly their head was very much on their shoulders but let's just say it wasn't a human head :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Sadly their head was very much on their shoulders but let's just say it wasn't a human head :pac:

What did you do to Ernie!!!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    What did you do to Ernie!!!

Nothing he didn't enjoy!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Tazzimus wrote: »
    They're generally the crowd that will wear suits about 7 sizes too small because they think a suit should be "bet onto you" and not fit correctly.
    Unfortunately, I have friends that fall into this category.

I'm not talking about those people. Those people are idiots. I'm talking about regular people who just dont seem to even look at the length of trousers when buying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Putting thought, time and effort into buying someone gifts and not getting a word of appreciation afterwards is a little annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Newest FB post from my over-sharing acquaintance has her declaring yesterday was a big day for her 6-month old as he took to regular food for the first time.

Seemingly he loved the banana but not the carrot as much. No less than three videos to document this seismic day in human history for the world's only mother.

TA that a) she seems so obsessed with sharing every little private aspect of her life 'journey' and b) there's clearly an audience for her to do so.

I really should un-friend her but its so pathetic its entertaining when I need a pick-me up :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement