Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Job rejections after interviews

Sometimes I get no reply and sometimes I get the “you did a strong interview and they enjoyed meeting you bla bla now PFO”

Nobody ever said to me you did a terrible interview and we will never hire you. No instead they praise me and then reject me

I’d prefer if they were brutally honest so I can learn and improve

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

The phrase 'World Class' especially in relation to sport. What does it actually mean? :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Forgetting to press play so you've been sitting there with headphones on for about 36 hours with nothing playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

No one making any decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Got attacked by a shark in the middle of the night. So the ice cream and Easter egg buying has been rationalised.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Got attacked by a shark in the middle of the night. So the ice cream and Easter egg buying has been rationalised.
    I must be due a shark attack with the amount of ice cream I eat.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or you're recreating the Titanic and you're eating the iceberg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Was feeling very relaxed in public. Naturally too relaxed because I managed to miss my mouth and pour coke all over myself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I must be due a shark attack with the amount of ice cream I eat.

Are sharks attracted to ice cream? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

This one may sound frightfully pretentious, but here goes anyway. I've been trying to learn more about Classical music, since I thought I ought to, and so far I like some of it. However, I've found that Classical music concerts (live or on TV) are heavily biased towards the newer eras of Classical music: the Romantic and Modern Eras.

It's really hard to find anything older than the middle of Beethoven's career. It's generally accepted that his 3rd Symphony was where the Romantic Era kicked off. His very good 1st and 2nd Symphonies hardly ever get a look in, never mind composers who came earlier such as Mozart. As for the Baroque Era, Bach's greatest hits get the occasional outing, but that's about it. It seems to me that Romantic and later composers are great at impressionism, conjuring up atmospheres and feelings, but most of the time they forgot to bring the tunes. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Dozing off during meetings- the room is too warm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Going back to the fridge to collect and devour my nice cold Twix, only to find some hungry **** ate one of the sticks..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The company who told me they could do what was needed now say they cant and deny the first convo.
    Two days to its deadline and a 30 min job is now in question and reflects badly on me.

Sitting on the phone and email to see if the alternative will work, tho I expect that it too will be a s(*&show.

Why they didn't just say so at first and ta, its the only place that does this kind of thing.

I want to go hhhooommee.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Was working from home today and the post arrived. Dog went mental at the door for a few minutes, then came trotting in with the post in her mouth. I'm like "Oh wow, she's bringing me the post!" Until she sailed past me and onto the couch where she proceeded to shred it. I had to wrestle it off her :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Was working from home today and the post arrived. Dog went mental at the door for a few minutes, then came trotting in with the post in her mouth. I'm like "Oh wow, she's bringing me the post!" Until she sailed past me and onto the couch where she proceeded to shred it. I had to wrestle it off her :mad:

She's not a Westie by any chance ?
    Great fun having documents with teeth holes in them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Brexit. I’ve a degree in political science in my back pocket but can’t be listening to it. Wake me up when it’s sorted and tell me how it’s going to affect me, will I have to pay more in the shop and will my booze still be able to be got. Until then zzz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Winter is still here but the daffodils in the garden have blossomed. Confused nature.

Still no decisions made. Tomorrow a discussion about what decisions are needed...
    Someone wake me up on Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Still no decisions made. Tomorrow a discussion about what decisions are needed...
    Someone wake me up on Friday

Are you involved in the Brexit negotiations? :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Now, let me see... Poochie --> pooch --> dog --> Corgie --> The Queen, therefore Poochie = Queen Elizabeth II

• Advertisement

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Are you involved in the Brexit negotiations? :D

I'd be crap, bang everyone's heads together and say Lads, would ye just fecking decide!! I'm going for a drink, when I come back you better have come up with the answer :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Haven't smoked in 15 years, dying for a cigarette just now, it's as bad as when I quit nearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

New year's diet going down the swannie only 14 days in. At least I'm keeping to dry January...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

People texting me 'hows you?'. And 'your' instead of 'you're' and constant typos. If you can't speak proper English keep away from me. Fcking airheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Burnt the roof of my mouth with my pizza earlier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just heard some Loike OMG D4 radio presenter girl refer to avocados as "essential avos".

That's my day ruined already.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

GBX wrote: »
    Resealable packs that you can barely open - ones you'd need to harness to something to get at the product! And when there is a bit of give in the package, it rips opens in such a way its never gonna close properly.

How about the hard plastic packaging that a new pair of scissors arrives in? You need a scissors to open it like...
    This new trend of having prints in your house with innocuous words or statements written on them in fancy writing like “breathe” (thanks for the reminder ?? ) “just go (go where ??) “live and love” (as oppose to die and hate ??) Fcuk off! Does nobody hang nice pictures anymore?

I like this one

il_340x270.1483981924_iofa.jpg?version=0

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just heard some Loike OMG D4 radio presenter girl refer to avocados as "essential avos".

I think I posted it at the time but was watching some cooking programme and the plonker chef was preparing mushies and avos !! Couldn't find the remote quick enough
    ( in case of any confusion the mushies were in fact mushrooms )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Omackeral wrote: »

Lucy on nova?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

This new trend of having prints in your house with innocuous words or statements written on them in fancy writing like “breathe” (thanks for the reminder ?? ) “just go (go where ??) “live and love” (as oppose to die and hate ??) Fcuk off! Does nobody hang nice pictures anymore?

I saw one of these in a bedroom once: "This is where the magic happens".

I almost hurled. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement