Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Hate speech on boards - it’s not trivial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

On kids fine - enjoy yourselves
    Young fit guys and gals - OK if its your thing
    Fat blokes - come lads cop yourselves on, would ya?
    Old guys - FFS just pretend you don't know me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

An acquaintance who has a very physical job-even for a woman, announced around Halloween that she was changing dept, which had lighter duties, then she took the am off to go to the hospital for a procedure, then she said she was going to only work weekends.

TA that her friends were SHOCKED when she announced she's pregnant. DUH!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Thought this was somewhere to come to relax have the banter and support each other. Doesn't feel like a safe place anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

northgirl wrote: »
    Thought this was somewhere to come to relax have the banter and support each other. Doesn't feel like a safe place anymore.

I think you're projecting now.... perhaps just step away from the TA thread for a few hours.
    None of us knows what's going on in your life and/or head and the written word can be so easily misconstrued.
    Nobody posting here wishes any harm on you...quite the opposite... but if you believe it's not a safe place...take a few mins or hours away and then come back?
    It's only a suggestion...you're quite entitled to tellme feck off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Wide awake at 7.30 this morning. Tomorrow morning I'll be like a zombie when the alarm goes off at 8.

I've been feeling like this a lot since September, so I sad to see you are feeling it now as well. Your feelings are valid and acknowledged.

What works for me and you are welcome to ignore of course is to, read my most thanked posters on here or go to lolcats/ https://icanhas.cheezburger.com/dogs(for dog ppl), if you can get out of the house with music it helps but if you cant there is always you tube(no comments tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think people mean well and maybe you’re misinterpreting their intentions. I understand you had a milestone birthday recently, please don’t take this the wrong way but I had assumed from your posts that you were much younger than that. I think people are only offering advice, maybe through experiences they’ve had themselves, or in order to help you help yourself. Life is over in the blink of an eye. How awful would it be to look back and have regrets or grudges. Again, please don’t take my words as anything other than well intentioned; remember everyone is fighting a battle. Please continue to share what you feel but when you’re opening yourself up online there’s bound to be some replies you’re probably not always going to agree with. Have a lovely day.

Ta, just changed my socks and already have stood in something wet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Spilled tea on myself AGAIN :mad: I need a bloody sippy cup :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

To paraphrase Wilde:

Once is unfortunate

Twice is careless :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Spilled tea on myself AGAIN :mad: I need a bloody sippy cup :rolleyes:

I also just spilled tea on myself, and my mother's couch.... Guess which one caused the most concern :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

He has just made my favorite dinner spaghetti carbonara loaded with cheese, knowing I’m on a diet what the **** is he playing at

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bacon and cabbage for tea....how has my life come to this?

I think people mean well and maybe you’re misinterpreting their intentions. I understand you had a milestone birthday recently, please don’t take this the wrong way but I had assumed from your posts that you were much younger than that. I think people are only offering advice, maybe through experiences they’ve had themselves, or in order to help you help yourself. Life is over in the blink of an eye. How awful would it be to look back and have regrets or grudges. Again, please don’t take my words as anything other than well intentioned; remember everyone is fighting a battle. Please continue to share what you feel but when you’re opening yourself up online there’s bound to be some replies you’re probably not always going to agree with. Have a lovely day.

Ta, just changed my socks and already have stood in something wet

Thanks for your message and I don't misinterpret any of yours.

I am taking none of this the wrong way. As you now know, I am not as young as some posters may have thought. I've dealt with this all my life and have met some amazing people all with their own stories.

Being told to remember everyone is fighting their own battle is nothing I don't already know but thanks for the reminder.

I am enjoying my day and I hope you will continue to do so too. Despite your socks of course.

Bredabe wrote: »
    I've been feeling like this a lot since September, so I sad to see you are feeling it now as well. Your feelings are valid and acknowledged.

What works for me and you are welcome to ignore of course is to, read my most thanked posters on here or go to lolcats/ https://icanhas.cheezburger.com/dogs(for dog ppl), if you can get out of the house with music it helps but if you cant there is always you tube(no comments tho)

Thank you Bredabe. Sorry to hear that and I will definitely look into those recommendations. I appreciate your kindness.

All it takes is to show empathy to people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Burnt my lip drinking tea *cross face*

Put false nails on in an effort to make myself more confident tomorrow as one of my anxiety manifestations is severe nail biting that is very visually obvious. Can't do anything with my fingers now... This took 20 minutes to type :(

Janey there will have to be a warning on boxes of tea shortly the way ye are going this afternoon

'May spill if not careful
    May burn if not enough milk added and/or allowed to cool naturally'

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TG1 wrote: »
    Put false nails on in an effort to make myself more confident tomorrow as one of my anxiety manifestations is severe nail biting that is very visually obvious. Can't do anything with my fingers now... This took 20 minutes to type :(

I can relate, You should get one of those squishy ball yolks that you pound on when feeling anxious, maybe that would help it?

Janey there will have to be a warning on boxes of tea shortly the way ye are going this afternoon

'May spill if not careful
    May burn if not enough milk added and/or allowed to cool naturally'

:D

Cheeky :D!

• Advertisement

I can relate, You should get one of those squishy ball yolks that you pound on when feeling anxious, maybe that would help it?

I thought your I can relate was going to be about the false nails... :pac:

TG1 wrote: »
    I thought your I can relate was going to be about the false nails... :pac:

Ah no, hahaha :D

*While no one is looking sephers quickly hides his fake nails*

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I wonder if there a correlation done between the type of tea-bag and the risk of injury.

Thank you Bredabe. Sorry to hear that and I will definitely look into those recommendations. I appreciate your kindness.

All it takes is to show empathy to people.

You are very welcome, I hope it helps in some small way.
    Thanks for your empathy its a day to day thing but one thing I do know is time passes even when it doesn't feel like it and this will also pass eventually.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I wonder if there a correlation done between the type of tea-bag and the risk of injury.

Wonder could we get a grant to study it!

Sephers?!!

Ya sure you and tedo stump up the cash and me NG will carry out the study :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Ya sure you and tedo stump up the cash and me NG will carry out the study :D :pac:

I’ll help as I’ve spilled far more tea than is an acceptable amount for an adult to spill on themselves :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I will walk around with a clipboard doing nothing but looking important

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I will walk around with a clipboard doing nothing but looking important

Important job all the same :pac:!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement