Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Interview at 10.45. Have to distract myself for an hour and 26 minutes. Ugh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Best of luck Mol!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Interview at 10.45. Have to distract myself for an hour and 26 minutes. Ugh.

Best of luck in the interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

quickbeam wrote: »
    Best of luck Mol!

Ta QB. There's only so much re-reading my notes that I can do. Wondering if I should do actual work instead. The horror. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I saw one of these in a bedroom once: "This is where the magic happens".

I almost hurled. :eek:

Absolutely vomit inducing.
    I saw one of those light up boxes with letters to spell your own messages in Euroworld yesterday. I am so tempted to go back and get it so that I can write inspirational stuff on it. Think I will start with 'I can't and I won't " maybe followed by" Feel the rage ". Ooooh I'd get so much fun out of it!

TA I spend so much time wondering where I know someone from and googling Imdb that I miss big chunks of what I am watching.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I saw one of these in a bedroom once: "This is where the magic happens".

I almost hurled. :eek:

Maybe they pull rabbits from their arses hats.

But yes, those texts on walls.....

They all blend into this sign for me

0ef59187f629178b987b44444c81316e.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I was told weeks ago that we weren't doing any client entertainment for the England 6N match, tickets only. Then this morning they decide, oh actually, we do want to bring them out. DH, be a dear and book a table for 30 people for lunch somewhere nice and near the stadium.

Sure, lads, let me just hop in my time machine and go back to October when that might actually have been possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Keep misreading the “cycling two abreast” thread as “cycling to a breast”, and have images of cyclists racing towards a giant inflatable boob.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

I want to listen to some nice guitar music on youtube as I work, but no matter what I search for or select - Spanish guitar music, classical guitar music, gentle guitar - Youtube's autoplay brings me to Mark Knopfler within four songs. Much as I like both Dire Straits and his solo work, I can only listen to "Brothers in Arms" so many times before I start to go mad.

So TA'd at Youtube's Mark Knopfler obsession.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Keep misreading the “cycling two abreast” thread as “cycling to a breast”, and have images of cyclists racing towards a giant inflatable boob.

I'm willing to trial this new sport

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

So that when you crash against it you'll Boom a Bap?

New Home wrote: »
    So that when you crash against it you'll Boom a Bap?
    Normally when I nuzzle into a bosom, I like to call it my new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I live in Scotland and a radio station (just them no other station) had a news headline last night that emergency services were called to an Amazon facility 13 times last year.

Not really news worthy, particularly when you see they got the data in released figures from the Emergency Services which had a huge caveat that Amazon may have been used as a geographical, visual marker for the call outs too. It's next to a main Motorway so ultimately it was attending crashes on that.

WTF, deep dive journalism eat your heart out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Backstop, I have no idea what it is, nor do I want to know.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Backstop, I have no idea what it is, nor do I want to know.

I believe that is what the tip of a condom is called.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The image of this has made me TH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 MOLF Hunter

People who continuously re-register !

Not really trivial, but there was a car crash outside my town this morning and the girl who died in it was a girl I’d have known from around town. I wouldn’t know her well or anything, but would’ve known her to see her. A bit shocked, even though I’m not sure I’m entitled to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Lift to the match Saturday fell through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Not really trivial, but there was a car crash outside my town this morning and the girl who died in it was a girl I’d have known from around town. I wouldn’t know her well or anything, but would’ve known her to see her. A bit shocked, even though I’m not sure I’m entitled to

Sorry to hear this, and its a perfectly natural and human reaction that you had. I've reacted similarly when I've heard of people dying who I barely knew, in one case, even starting to cry.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear this, and its a perfectly natural and human reaction that you had. I've reacted similarly when I've heard of people dying who I barely knew, in one case, even starting to cry.

It really puts things into perspective, like it could easily have happened to me. When it’s someone you know it really hits home a lot more

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by my bra, it's failing its boob holding duties today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Jrop wrote: »
    TA by my bra, it's failing its boob holding duties today

Well I can always step in to be your temporary boob holder :D

Go away Boom_Bap, I got there first! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Not really trivial, but there was a car crash outside my town this morning and the girl who died in it was a girl I’d have known from around town. I wouldn’t know her well or anything, but would’ve known her to see her. A bit shocked, even though I’m not sure I’m entitled to be

Just read about that kitty. Dreadful so young.

Hospital appointments. 3hours and counting. Much longer and I'm gonna walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Succubus Lol ! TA at January

TA'd that I put some chicken casserole to cook in the slow cooker before I left for work, and I have a sinking feeling that I forgot to switch it on. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hopefully you only forgot that you did...

People who continuously re-register !

I share your derision.

The re-regs are ruining this place. Another TA.

• Advertisement

It's a Sirius issue alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement