Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

SAMTALK wrote: »
    When mammy drops the little darling at school and thinks it's ok to just pull up anywhere so little darling does'nt have to walk too far and then proceeds to drive slow so that little darling can run up to crossing and get across .
    The rest of us do actually know that you have to stop at a crossing so no need to be a twat !!

Don't forget ignoring every rule of the road while pulling off as well :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    No more super hero movies :(
    Or Santa Claus movies.... we all know we can't get the real one to play his own part, and anyway, he only works one day a year, he'd be way too busy then.

One wonders how "My Left Foot", "Rain Man", "Forrest Gump" or "The Theory of Everything" were ever made.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Luke warm coffee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Luke warm coffee

Lukewarm anything..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Lukewarm anything..

If its tea its even worse!

• Advertisement

If its tea its even worse!

Oh jebus... no!!!!! Needs to be scald!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

My TA is people who complain about other regional accents. Do you want us all to sound exactly the same? Virtually every Irish person has an accent, some easier to understand than others, granted. I generally find the northern accents very interesting and enjoyable to listen to, even the harsher ones.

I have a strong Derbyshire accent, even after 30 years of living in Cork (I love the pure Cork accent too!). Why should I, or anyone else, change the way they speak just because certain people don't like it?
    Newsreaders tend to round out their accents so that people can understand them.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Looking in the freezer section of SuperValu today for some bits to have in the freezer. A pack of 36 chicken dippers - €9.20!!! :eek::eek: absolute fcuking rip off. Things like that make me miss England
    There's your problem. SuperValu is the most expensive supermarket.

Oh jebus... no!!!!! Needs to be scald!!

Nice scaldy strong tae to warm the body :D I've a friend and she puts so much milk into her tea she might as well just be drinking milk :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Nice scaldy strong tae to warm the body :D I've a friend and she puts so much milk into her tea she might as well just be drinking milk :eek:

Is this friend a cat? Might explain it...

TA that this cold won't bugger off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Luke warm coffee

Nothing worse than forgetting about a cup you've left sitting inches away and drinking some with the knowledge that it will stay hot for an hour.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

I wish LOL

puke :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Friend of mine can make a cuppa for him and his missus with the same teabag.
    Her cup gets shown the teabag and half filled with milk, his is a proper cup of it.

Don't get how people can have weak tea/milky tea, it's just not right.

puke :(
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    Friend of mine can make a cuppa for him and his missus with the same teabag.
    Her cup gets shown the teabag and half filled with milk, his is a proper cup of it.

Don't get how people can have weak tea/milky tea, it's just not right.

I refuse to let her make my tea :eek: :D

I refuse to let her make my tea :eek: :D

no one makes my tea except me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Don't forget ignoring every rule of the road while pulling off as well :)

Too busy waving at the little darling to take note of what was around her.

And to top it all off the little darling stopped half way across to wave at mammy
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Co workers thinking they are in Glee. Ruining the vibe when a good song comes on the radio. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Tea ...and coffee..drink neither...

"Ah you'll have a cup of tea"
    "No thank you, don't touch it"
    "Really..never knew that"
    "You've only known me for 40+ years..when did you see me drinking tea"?
    "Oh yeah...you're right...sure you'll have a coffee instead"!

Fckers!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

People always seem to be amazed when they hear I don't drink coffee.
    "But you work in IT" is what usually follows

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Co workers thinking they are in Glee. Ruining the vibe when a good song comes on the radio. :rolleyes:
    The only thing worse than people singing along to the radio, is then they start whistling along to it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Are you sure you're not me :eek: ok I'm not 40 :D People are amazed when I say I don't drink tea or coffee or milk. It's ok variety is the spice of life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MasieDaisy

ITDept wrote: »
    T2 in Dublin Airport was a shambles yesterday. Very busy weekend as could have been predicted by anyone, except Aer Lingus apparently. A handful of staff and lots of machines failing more times than succeeding.

Trying to get my elderly mother safely onto her flight and spent most of my time giving out to people attempting to jump the long queues. She got home in the end but we could have all done without the hassle. C'mon the lotto so I can get her a nice place over here!

Aerlingus let their seasonal staff go on Sunday hence the mayhem

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    The only thing worse than people singing along to the radio, is then they start whistling along to it :mad:

Or humming. Humming is a major ta

no one makes my tea except me!

Same here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Parents bringing 3 kids into a barbers! Going to be a long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

When you get home and have to park your car outside a neighbours house two doors up , as there are numerous cars/jeeps outside your own gateway , busy lads "chatting"**

Not really chatting.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    When you get home and have to park your car outside a neighbours house two doors up , as there are numerous cars/jeeps outside your own gateway , busy lads "chatting"**

Not really chatting.

Threaten them with the wooden spoon mam! :MAD:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

TA that this cold won't bugger off.

Maggie warned you yesterday, I had to clobber her and now I'll have to clobber you too!

My tea is basically just milky sweetener :D

I actually only started drinking tea a few years ago and that was only because I was doing weight watchers and couldn't have hot chocolate :p I don't drink coffee. Only have one cup of tea a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Threaten them with the wooden spoon mam! :MAD:

Lol , if they're not afraid of the Guards , it's more than a wooden spoon I'd need S :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement