Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Walking along a wide footpath and the person walking toward me with plenty of room in front of them veers toward me.

Walking along a two person wide footpath and the two people walking toward me expect me to walk out on the road so that they can continue walking together in a straight line.

There's a special place reserved in hell for those people!

Happens to me on a near daily basis :mad: soon we'll have to licence people before they can be let out loose on a footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭its_steve116

When people misspell the word "bollocks" as "bollix". I think it's a load of bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Walking along a two person wide footpath and the two people walking toward me expect me to walk out on the road so that they can continue walking together in a straight line.

I like to walk through those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Usually i just stop and let them run into me. :pac:

Then i turn around and ask them if they can’t see and if they need any help.Everything with a polite smile of course.;)

That helps....:D

Usually i just stop and let them run into me. :pac:

Then i turn around and ask them if they can’t see and if they need any help.Everything with a polite smile of course.;)

That helps....:D

I could do that, but I'm an ignorant **** :D

Spanish student bowling is one of my fave hobbies of the summer, as they swarm around shop entrances and take up entire footpaths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I grabbed the laptop to prevent it from falling - must've hit some set of keys I never knew existed, and now... the blasted thing :eek: won't stop talking to me, every click I make. I didn't :eek: know the chromebook had a voice (and it's a freaky one).

:confused:

Make it stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 59,556 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Yes actually :o it worked!

(Thank you so much!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Just hopped my head off the hobbit ceiling where our apartment bins are located :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

On my second week off for christmas (#humblebrag lol) and I'm sleeping in later and later every morning. Next week when I go back to getting up at 6.45 is gonna actually maybe kill me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Running out of things like body wash and toothpaste when it’s my last week here. Suitcases will be full enough as it is trying to get everything home, and I don’t wanna buy stuff just to end up leaving it here

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Get the travel versions! :)

My MAJOR TA is boil water notices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Starting the new year with a mouth ulcer so painful that I can't eat or drink without horrible pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Not a single boob pic was sent my way last night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Not a single boob pic was sent my way last night :(

I was sent loads :eek:

I'm TA'd that you didn't get sent any ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

people saying 'happy new year' still in about 2 weeks when everyones been back at work fOR an age and xmas is a distant memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

New Home wrote: »
    Get the travel versions! :)

My MAJOR TA is boil water notices.

I’m thinking that’s what I’ll do, that way if I do have to leave them here it won’t be a huge loss to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

omerin wrote: »
    All road related

Lack of Garda presence at night - it's a free for all out there
    Driving with only one dipped headlight - it's a danger to all road users and it only costs €10 max, fitted for a replacement bulb and 5 minutes of your time
    Drivers who don't turn off their high beam when they see approaching traffic. No big deal for straight roads but for small bendy roads it's a hazard

Cars that you need tools to change a bulb - don't get me started on cars where you have to remove the headlight or wheelarch liner to change a bulb! It should be a regulation that their can be changed at the roadside without tools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I'm sore and hungover.

Happy New Year my fellow TAers, may 2019 bring you many amusing trivial annoyances :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Has absolutely zero impact on my life but it annoys that the Yanks date format is mm-dd-yyyy.

Day. Month. Year. It's not hard. Do it right, ye contrary fúckers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Cars that you need tools to change a bulb - don't get me started on cars where you have to remove the headlight or wheelarch liner to change a bulb! It should be a regulation that their can be changed at the roadside without tools.

On my last car you needed to be able to twist your hand in at least 7 different directions to change the bloody thing :mad:

It is not difficult to design a car for easy maintenance. I would guess that they make it difficult on purpose. For example a standard service is very easy with an oil, air filter, oil filter change. I had an old Opel Astra that I could do the whole serv ice in 30 minutes. Now you need a computer to reset the service counter etc. I wouldn't even attempt to take off the oil filter in my current car. As far as I can see you need a hoist

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And getting a car key copied, maybe because the microchip has failed? Needlessly complicated AND expensive AND time consuming!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm cold , the weather has been so mild for the last week or so , today I'm cold .

Feeling sorry for myself.

Cop the fcuk on NG. :mad:

Threatening texts and e-mails from SKY demanding return of their equipment which they were late in sending the packaging for and was posted the day the packaging on December 17th.

Get your house in order. Love the SKY itself but the WORSt customer service going IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

The handle of my mop snapped :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The handle of my mop snapped :(

It's a sign to put the mop down and take a day off :D

TA my windows are manky .

I've gone from a 00 Audi that took about 3 minutes to change any bulb, to a 2010 Mazda that needs to be "brought to the dealer" to change a headlight bulb, or headlight out/through wheel arch. The **** is that about.
    Can't wait to to get my old 96 Honda back on the road. Acres of space in the engine bay.
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    On my last car you needed to be able to twist your hand in at least 7 different directions to change the bloody thing :mad:

It is not difficult to design a car for easy maintenance. I would guess that they make it difficult on purpose. For example a standard service is very easy with an oil, air filter, oil filter change. I had an old Opel Astra that I could do the whole serv ice in 30 minutes. Now you need a computer to reset the service counter etc. I wouldn't even attempt to take off the oil filter in my current car. As far as I can see you need a hoist

I thankfully can do most work on my cars, so save a fortune on servicing etc, haven't ran into an awkward one yet thankfully. Having to remove 13sq/m of plastic covers to get at the sump plug and oil filter though, **** all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It's a sign to put the mop down and take a day off :D

TA my windows are manky .

I’ll take the hint, thanks Mam :D

Still TA that I need to go and buy a new mop :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The beacon sandwich I had was meh
    I’ll take the hint, thanks Mam :D

Still TA that I need to go and buy a new mop :(

Hmmm Ohhh take mam's advice but not mine from the other thread which was similar to mam's :-P :3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement