Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

If it was some new show not connected to a franchise I’d give it a bit of leeway but with the budget and staff available to them it should be so much better, the script and dialogue are wooden beyond belief, I havnt anything decent to watch at the moment so I’m still watching but it’s tough going!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's getting so bad I didn't bother watching last week's episode until Thursday night. The pirates ship design was terrible. Did it really have all of it's guns on the underside pointing down?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I don’t understand how people still watch this show. Even seasons 1-2 were just grand but season 3 is utter shite, gave up after 2 episodes.

it’s like it’s written by 7 year olds for 7 year olds. Except Disney’s problem is 7 years olds aren’t into this show or Star Wars in general which is a real shame.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The show is still popular though, I believe. Hell, using IMDB as a basis for episode reviews (as good as any source), it seems the episodes are well liked still for some reason.

It's an easy enough watch bar a few eye roles. I'm not hate watching it but it is a bit disappointing. It's certainly not reached 'The Flash' levels of "please let it end" for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I like the episode.

Glad I didn't see anything about it so was surprised by the guest stars in it. didn't know who the queen or whatever she was was until I saw the end credits. I assumed she was another known person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Yeah I saw that on the end credits. Know the name from occasionally hearing her on the radio but wouldn't know her to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

She overacted I thought, but great episode outside of that

sorry to be a negative Nelly but that’s me done, that latest episode was absolutely dire stuff and I had to turn it off at the droid autopsy, would get more enjoyment kicking meself in the nuts. I know everyone’s taste is different and some people enjoy anything Star Wars related but this stuff feels like a 10 year old wrote the storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

It was like watching a questline from an average computer game. The opening was like something from seseme street. This show is dead, in the ratings and creatively.

• Advertisement

The alien prince fish head guy was comically corny, sounded like one of Harry potters mates 😂

Well I enjoyed that one more - different setting and a relatively self contained story. Bryce Dallas Howard directed and normally ups the game for the show (even with the low bar this season).

I'm curious now to see if those who hate do actually watch next week with there only being two episodes. And as to the show being dead in the ratings - is there evidence of a continuous decline? I'm aware the premiere was down 20% on Season 2 but that's not dead in the ratings - more important is if it continues that decline week-on-week. Which is well possible (it's not been good) but don't know if we've any evidence of that yet.

I’m not hating on it, can totally understand those who are enjoying it and I have enjoyed plenty of tv that others find horrendous! But I won’t be watching the remainder of this week’s episode, I always keep up with this thread so if I read amazing reviews of a future episode I’ll definitely give it a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 32,214 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That was one seriously expensive looking episode. I don't know but maybe they could you know spend a bit more money on the scripts?

That dodgy opening aside?!? twaddle but sure it was a bit of fun after that with some top notch cameos.

That's Knight grogu to you!

Lizzo is no actress let's be honest but some people reaction to her performance in this is over the top. Christopher Lloyd reliably good, Jack Black had some fun.

I also enjoyed the scene with the ugnaughts, and seeing goth C3PO and R2D2.

"I had a bad pint/nepenthe"

"I wanna take you to a droid bar..droid bar droid bar!!"

Post edited by gmisk on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,321 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah that episode was a struggle for most of it. Episode was just about saved in the last 10 minutes.

Din has had zero character arc this season at all. We knew he wanted to rejoin the Mandalorians. He achieved that fairly quickly and with ease, and little has come from it. He gave up the Darksaber, which he never wanted and was already willing to give to Bo Katan anyway.

Now it's just The Bo Show. It seems to be far more about Bo's story, as well as an overall "This is how the New Republic started to be able to be taken over by the First Order by repeating the same mistakes of the past."

And stop throwing Grogu across the room to try make it look like it's doing cool Jedi flips.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3.6: Great to see Katee Sackhoffs Spartan Training shown off on screen. Solid fight!

Bryce Dallas Howard sure does make a quality episode of The Mandalorian.

Definitely also got budget to sink some cash into this.

So..

That's more Mandalorians to join the bigger group. Also ships. Good to have ships.

I'm still a bit in the dark as to who they think they need to fight to retake Mandalore. Maybe just those mercs that were there. Will see.

Was kinda cool to have a throw back to the separatists in this

As much as I like Grogu, every time they make him do the Jedi leaps it just looks like someone flung a Grogu stuffed toy through the air.

So it was these Mandalorians that freed Gideon?

Din and Bo better get a list of what they've done while being hired in case any jobs come back to bite them, like that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Ehhhh, hmm. Mostly terrible with a couple of cool touches, like Plazir-15 itself and... Well, that's it really. Maybe Jack Black hamming it up was a minor highlight, but that opening and Lizzo's awful acting set it on the road to meh. That chase music too, dreadful stuff. It couldn't have been more out of place if it tried. Very disappointing.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I hate being a negative nanny, I like to have a bit of positive, but this was just insufferable. You fly to the other Mandos, but your ship gets taken over, so you are forced to see the queen, then they have a problem, but can't use their own Mando army, then the robots have their own bar and want to help, but Dr. Brown has a kill switch and you then get taken to the Mando gang, who had no idea you were here, then Mando gets a loophole for the dark saber. It's just too much. I'll watch the last two episodes, but I now realise that this must have been a 2 season show that $$$ decided there would be a season 3, so they just made it up.

iRobot anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭winstonia

That was the worst episode of the series. Acting reminds me of fair city.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

At this point, they should make the show centered on Bo and the rest of the Night Owls. Only characters with any depth or interesting development about them. Din remains a void of characterisation. I wish someone would punt Grogru into the nearest ocean, a sock puppet would be more engaging.

The main shape of this seasons plot has been apparent since basically the start of the season, yet they manage to drag it out interminably. We get it, the Mandalorians will get the band back together to try and retake Mandalore, **** get on with it already. Endless fetch quest episodes with zero stakes or tension are not interesting.

This show has been the same boring drudgery for 3 seasons now. The only saving graces are the side characters. Without Luke, Ashoka and Bo, it would unwatchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Got to agree, although it's a fine line as all of them have been shocking.

The time spent in the city with Jack Black and Lizzo was terrible. Boring story, camped up acting, just silly.

But I think this show is now aiming at an audience of young teens, and I'm not the target audience any more.

The 1st series wasn't amazing tv, but it was like Shakespeare compared to this nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

It's like they went about those characters backwards. We have our friends Jack Black, Lizzo and Christopher Lloyd. How can we write characters for these people so they can appear on the show? Rather than taking the time to create decent characters that fit into the setting and the overarching storyline, and then asking who would be perfect for portraying them.

Favreau appears to have carte blanche with this show because of its past successes, and its suffering because of it. He's in danger of disappearing up his own backside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I wonder can she keep the darksaber now? She sort of picked it up; Mando didn't literally give it to her..

I guess Mando has comfirmed this, kind of...

But in general terrible episode. Think this is spot on

It's like they went about those characters backwards. We have our friends Jack Black, Lizzo and Christopher Lloyd. How can we write characters for these people so they can appear on the show? 

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

We've reached that point already. You can imagine the cringey production meeting. "Hey guys, I got an ace idea. Let's get Jack Black to guest star. And while we're at it, let's get...ummm....Lizzo in, cos, you know, they'll bring lots of new fans with them." Cue lots of whooping and cheering.

It was another nauseatingly bad episode. This show is impotent, that's the only way I can describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

So, when is this set? are we after the rise of skywalker, or when are we now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

think its directly after her appearance in season 2 of mandalorian

Advertisement