Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Welcome back people

Doloras walked into the Pig with a mask on and took it off inside.
    It should be no mask outside and must wear inside.
    This whole show is a cluster fu*k

Welcome back people

Doloras walked into the Pig with a mask on and took it off inside.
    It should be no mask outside and must wear inside.
    This whole show is a cluster fu*k

I wondered about that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Well that was meh..

Melanie is taking over from Dolores for meddling in everyone else's business.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ladybrandy

Are people fooled by Will or simply forgetting what he did
    Renne seems to think just cause Will did his job that it's not possible you could have attacked Cristanio like come on you and many others saw what Chris looked looked like after that beating.

Bornagh been friendly with him she hated his guts and what he did and and had been vocal with her digust of him now it's as if that never
    happened .
    I kow the pandemic had them working together as a team but I can't see how that equals bornagh been friends with Will.

seems like Doleres is the only one who hasn't forgetting what Will is her tone with Will and the look she gave him and saying things will get back to normal meaning people will once again see you as the abusive thug who spilt his boyfriend's head opened and left him for dead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,694 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Renee and Will both have Covid19 and recovered and now is Will redemption starting, is the trial off or over?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Renee and Will both have Covid19 and recovered and now is Will redemption starting, is the trial off or over?

no I think the trial is still going ahead but it sounds Reene belives Will is innocent

• Registered Users Posts: 30,374 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think they both had it.
    I also wonder was there an out break in Spar of The Hungary Pig because of Renee.
    Dolorus was still sour with him and Bronagh was putting on a good front for work but I don't think she wanted anything to do with him outside of it.

I also wonder was there an out break in Spar of The Hungary Pig because of Renee.
    Dolorus was still sour with him and Bronagh was putting on a good front for work but I don't think she wanted anything to do with him outside of it.

I wonder is bornagh been clever and been friendly with Will but hoping he will slip and be fully exposed as the violent thug he is

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ladybrandy wrote: »
    Are people fooled by Will or simply forgetting what he did
    Renne seems to think just cause Will did his job that it's not possible you could have attacked Cristanio like come on you and many others saw what Chris looked looked like after that beating.

Bornagh been friendly with him she hated his guts and what he did and and had been vocal with her digust of him now it's as if that never
    happened .
    I kow the pandemic had them working together as a team but I can't see how that equals bornagh been friends with Will.

seems like Doleres is the only one who hasn't forgetting what Will is her tone with Will and the look she gave him and saying things will get back to normal meaning people will once again see you as the abusive thug who spilt his boyfriend's head opened and left him for dead

The writers forgot all about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Well done coronation street the only soap opera that broadcast constantly through the covid virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Ladybrandy wrote:
    I wonder is bornagh been clever and been friendly with Will but hoping he will slip and be fully exposed as the violent thug he is

Preview to next episode showed her questioning a bandage across his knuckles so I'd say she won't give him an inch.

I kinda thought that Will and Bronagh had a bit of work banter and a flirt going
    on :o:p

Where is Phoebe?

Erica's face looked very orange, did Doug mess with her make up

When did Doug and Erica actually get engaged?

Or when Erica broke off her engagement to Darragh did the literally replace him with Doug?

Or when Erica broke off her engagement to Darragh did the literally replace him with Doug?

I missed that too :confused: and now they are living in Hayley's flat, broken hearted Darragh's sister's flat

• Registered Users Posts: 18,306 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I think we're meant to assume all of this happened during the lockdown (which is plausible enough I guess.....it's now September 2020 on the show and we haven't them for six months).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    I missed that too and now they are living in Hayley's flat, broken hearted Darragh's sister's flat

Oh yeah didn't cop that, as if you'd let your brother's Ex move in with her new boyfriend.

They mentioned that Cris gave up his apartment for frontline workers, didn't say where he is staying himself though did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Sparko

Melanie's entire Sunday appeared to involve following Bob around town.

I know it's always been the Fair City way for the characters to wander from one set to the next constantly bumping into whoever they're in a storyline with but I think it just seems more jarring than usual when there are less sets available and less characters/extras on screen at once.

Still, glad to have it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Would have being good to have seen a few scenes with Erica trowelling on the make-up and Doug tinkering with a carburetor at the kitchen table followed by the obligatory Punch and Judy session.

Carburetors in passenger cars and light commercial vehicles were pretty much a thing of the past by the late 1990's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I haven't posted in a long while - just to say, they had all that time...months to come up with an original set of storylines and what they delivered was a lot of boring old twaddle. Also you would think Covid has magically disappeared, and they are all emerging from their shelters - too much filling in the gaps with big stories we never saw and a kind of hammy production overall last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Well done coronation street the only soap opera that broadcast constantly through the covid virus.

And they also did a very subtle segue from old recordings to Covid time recordings - without any major stuff being brushed under the carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I get now why McCoys is closed cause Ger has/had cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Are we to believe that Bob's life savings amounted to about 4k? He said he'd be glad to even get half of it back from Jim - 2k? Seems very little to me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Are we to believe that Bob's life savings amounted to about 4k? He said he'd be glad to even get half of it back from Jim - 2k? Seems very little to me :confused:

Did he not say he gave Jim another couple thousand to try to get the original money back,

Jim is a doctor so is the son yet Bob had to give him money

Where is Hughie?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Did he not say he gave Jim another couple thousand to try to get the original money back,

Yes it was bizzare, was jim playing roulette, trying to win back the money

Pete a dancer WTF, he always seems non funny and miserable plus him inviting Renee and Bob for a balcony drink, does Dolly have a balcony?

You would think Judy, Jim, Caoimhe and Shane would have returned to answer Ireland's call for medical help

• Registered Users Posts: 30,374 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think they are also over doing Sean been a dancer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,426 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Roots 2020 wrote: »
    I feel FC will over do Covid. Everyone constantly commenting on it, scenes full of hand washing wtc. RTE kinda using it as a tool to reinforce good practice. It's not going to be much of an escape from it I feel!

Jesus that prediction was spot on!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement