Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Jim was on Primetime or Claire Byrne Live talking about cocooning

And he was much sharper than his dreary bella character.
    I dont know why they have turned Bella into such a drip. I thought it was due to the actor being of poor health but seemingly not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Only 27 cases of Coronavirus in Fiji so Niamh should be fine but there tourism sector has been hit so her hotel might be in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭threetrees

So I'm watching Normal People and there's Callum in a school uniform, seemed so odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Casting is weird. None of the Male actors are playing the correct age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

You're right. They are at least 5 years too old and that's a lot at that age. There must be young actors out there that would be perfect for this.

• Advertisement

You're right. They are at least 5 years too old and that's a lot at that age. There must be young actors out there that would be perfect for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

bazermc wrote: »
    Wonder will they reference the CoVid in the show when the resume episodes?

You would think Covid-19 will play havoc with every soap storyline. It's not just an elephant in the room, more like ten or twenty of them.

Whenever FC and the UK soaps return, they will have to have numerous references to the virus.

You'd wonder too what will happen with all the medical dramas on the BBC like Casualty, Holby City and Doctors.....it will be quite a dilemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Qrt

happyday wrote: »

The majority of the series is set after school and through their college years so I think it’s just for continuity.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ballyhaunis Connell looks about 30 and his mam younger than him

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Yes, the casting absolutely ruins what should be an excellent production. Difficult to take the relationship between Connell and his mam seriously when he looks older than her.

• Advertisement

About three years ago Katy was released from her box. Could you imagine if she got released now and everywhere was closed and was going around in masks and gloves!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Being in a box might be a great way to isolate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Strazdas wrote: »
    You would think Covid-19 will play havoc with every soap storyline. It's not just an elephant in the room, more like ten or twenty of them.

Whenever FC and the UK soaps return, they will have to have numerous references to the virus.

You'd wonder too what will happen with all the medical dramas on the BBC like Casualty, Holby City and Doctors.....it will be quite a dilemma.

I can imagine Zara and Daniel and the rest of the staff in Doctors trying to deal to with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

About three years ago Katy was released from her box. Could you imagine if she got released now and everywhere was closed and was going around in masks and gloves!

Can’t believe its 3 years ago, doesn’t seem that long ago.

fin12 wrote: »
    Can’t believe its 3 years ago, doesn’t seem that long ago.

I always remember it because of my little incident that ended up in several media outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

I always remember it because of my little incident that ended up in several media outlets.

Er what now? Spill cos I can't recall......

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Er what now? Spill cos I can't recall......

I started a petition to have her freed and it ended up on loads of news websites, papers, discussed on TV, radio!

I started a petition to have her freed and it ended up on loads of news websites, papers, discussed on TV, radio!

With a total RTE spin on it, "This storyline is so great, it even got a petition!" Whereas I seem to recall it was your exasperation with the drawn out mess that sparked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

happyday wrote: »

I'd imagine they have to be older if there are sex scenes in the programme, haven't being watching this series but only going by what I heard on the radio that there is a lot of riding in it!

Derry Girls is similar. They are meant to be 16 and 17 year old's and they are played by people in there twenties into there thirties.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine they have to be older if there are sex scenes in the programme, haven't being watching this series but only going by what I heard on the radio that there is a lot of riding in it!

I believe full male frontal nudity on Tuesday next so expect Joe's Livelive to be hopping :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

I believe full male frontal nudity on Tuesday next so expect Joe's Livelive to be hopping :p

Episodes 5 & 6 will air on Tuesday night & yes I've watched as far's them & defo Joes Liveline will be hopping; bad enough a young wan but now yer man gets his todger out Joe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I thought this was the Fair City thread? :confused::confused:

So, are people missing it?

Yes! I'm rewatching Red Rock instead.

Why don't they show FC from the start?

I thought this was the Fair City thread? :confused::confused:

It is, so keep an eye out for Paul's full reveal on FC return to rival Normal People, the x rated willy factor :p

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Yeah, but then, I find that when I bang my head against the wall, I kinda miss the pain when it stops .....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

It is, so keep an eye out for Paul's full reveal on FC return to rival Normal People, the x rated willy factor :p

Ah thanks Liz, I was enjoying my lunch until I read that !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭threetrees

Keeping the FC thread alive via Normal People: see Sharon Curly /Ger in NP. Maybe she had her cancer treatment in Sligo and developed a Sligo accent there.

• Advertisement

There’s been that much hype about that normal people thing that there’s surely a thread by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement