Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,151 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tommy is getting very cosy with Sash.

I thought Sash was lesbian again with Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Anyone having trouble getting FC on rte player?
    What a load of $hite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Fiolina wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble getting FC on rte player?
    What a load of $hite.

I watch it live on RTE Player and it's usually ok.

But if you try and watch after the event, it frequently crashes.

last episode airs on Easter Sunday .. until God knows when Damn You Coronavirus! :( <weep>

i dunno what I am gonna do . - it gonna be like years ago when FC used to break for summer.

I did not think it aired on Bank Holiday weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Fiolina wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble getting FC on rte player.
    Make sure you try it on Google Chrome as it doesn't seem to be supported anymore on Internet Explorer. Sometimes even on Chrome you may have to hit refresh once or twice but usually its pretty ok. Internet Explorer is seemingly the Internet browser choice of dinasours these times. Not sure about Safari, Edge etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,218 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't know about Fair City but I gave up using the RTE Player in December 2018 because it gave up working after an update. I tired it a few times since with no luck. However I've no issues with it in the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

For those wondering about the normal no Fair City bank holiday broadcasts; remember this isn't a normal time; yesterdays episode was April Fools for example; so this weekends episode will be the last one for a bit. Even when things're lifted & filming resumes we're going to have to wait a few weeks more for a broadcast; they're going to need to have a number of back episodes in the can in the future for such incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

That "last episode on Easter Sunday" suggestion is crap!

They were filming up to the middle of March and were working 6 weeks in advance. That's 4 episodes a week - 24 episodes. Given that they're only showing 2 per week that's 12 weeks which will take us into June.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Ger's attitude to her cancer was very surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

branie2 wrote: »
    Ger's attitude to her cancer was very surprising

She'll probably break down eventually....say June....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

She'll probably break down eventually....say June....:)

When Fair City comes back at the stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I thought Gers reaction was 100% true to her character. Made of steel and independent in every way. There’s no way she’d lose face by showing her feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,295 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I like Ger, Sharon on the other hand is insufferable to have to listen to.

Last one tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Yep, Ger comes across as a shrewd business woman. No doubt if she wasn't running the loan shark business someone else would be there in her place. Arguably not much different to the likes of other high interest loan providers out there in the high street, albeit they have the fancy glossy brochures and are regulated by the Central Bank. I would have no doubt that they would employ underhand and questionable tactics in breach of their Central bank charter too to deal with borrowers who are defaulting.

Sharon on the other hand comes across as loud and a bit of an self-righteous idiot. You would have to question some of the things her character does and the way she puts herself across.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Last one tonight?

I wonder? - its supposed to be I thought I heard

I'd love to see their mam, is she dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

ah well thats it lads the RTE one announcer just announced 'The last Fair City for a while' <weep>

Wonder will it ever return? Does it have decent numbers?

Imagine the Ciaran and Katy storyline had been real. That would have been all over the news. So when the kidnapper returns from the dead, kidnaps the same girl yet again, and ends up stabbing his sister, at no point did Troy see this on the news and go "Wow, Carrigstown! I'm from Carrigstown!" No, he's never heard of Tessa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭phormium

In fairness though doesn't he live in UK? Might not make the news there :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Since when can priests drink?

Liam and Carol are both from Darndale as well as the Collins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

That priest is dropping more sexual innuendos than a Carry On Film. Ooooogh Vicar!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Since when can priests drink?
    Since forever, it's sex they're not supposed to be having, not alcohol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Last episode tonight for a while is it ?

Hatshepsut wrote: »
    Since forever, it's sex they're not supposed to be having, not alcohol.

Ohh o thought they couldn't drink either.

That was the obvious setup that the priest is Hayleys Da.

So what way will they do it if they do come back? Pick up from here or just let time roll and take it up like it’s months on from tonight’s episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,218 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Candle got her leather skirt out for the priest and the last episode!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Priest or not he'll never forgive himself if he throws the lips on Carrigstowns trashy loud mouthed man eater.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement