Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,405 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We are pushing four months without an episode and I don’t think they’ll be back for another few weeks yet.
    They’ll probably hope to announce it at the RTÉ Autumn/Winter launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

We are pushing four months without an episode and I don’t think they’ll be back for another few weeks yet.
    They’ll probably hope to announce it at the RTÉ Autumn/Winter launch.

But even if they start filming in sep whens the earliest they be back on TV. I'd say oct at the very earliest.
    Eastenders has been back filming for weeks now and wont be back on air for a few weeks.
    I know bob and renee were on a tv show a few wks ago but were they sure that fair city was definitely coming back?

But even if they start filming in sep whens the earliest they be back on TV. I'd say oct at the very earliest.
    Eastenders has been back filming for weeks now and wont be back on air for a few weeks.
    I know bob and renee were on a tv show a few wks ago but were they sure that fair city was definitely coming back?

It depends on what they do.
    If they use stuff they’ve already filmed or start a fresh.
    With the UK soaps they had weeks of episodes prepared but with Fair City they all had about 12 episodes or so prepared in advance so they might work on a tighter schedule.
    I do think they’ll take there time.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

It depends on what they do.
    If they use stuff they’ve already filmed or start a fresh.
    With the UK soaps they had weeks of episodes prepared but with Fair City they all had about 12 episodes or so prepared in advance so they might work on a tighter schedule.
    I do think they’ll take there time.

Well they are def taking their time alright. Hopefully it wont be too long before we are back giving out about M air head and all the rest of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Rimmy

Hopefully some of them took acting classes and the writers had time to come up with good storylines.

• Advertisement

Rimmy wrote: »
    Hopefully some of them took acting classes and the writers had time to come up with good storylines.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they forgot about stories.
    However I think Orla is going to be be fretting around in her jumper about Junior catching Covid!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

And Carol will be raging if the pubs won't open on the 10th of August

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

branie2 wrote: »
    And Carol will be raging if the pubs won't open on the 10th of August

She will be raging aswell not been able to get with the priest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

fin12 wrote: »
    She will be raging aswell not been able to get with the priest.

Dean #1

• Registered Users Posts: 85,775 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Aidan is in the new golf Lotto ad

• Advertisement

116632429_4143787592329523_7298085673303934551_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=A1v7YAiudBMAX8zW6Zu&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=bb2e8dc8ae5168c36f53b4930baa00b3&oe=5F4BA022

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Looks like they're not going to bother filming... Fair City will always have a '**** it' attuded, we'll still be paid '... Loved the way Corrie carried on.... "the show must go on' approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Looks like they're not going to bother filming... Fair City will always have a '**** it' attuded, we'll still be paid '... Loved the way Corrie carried on.... "the show must go on' approach.

I know RTE were broke, but the amount of money they've saved during covid is astounding. No FC, no new shows, constant repeats. If I see Reeling in the Years one more time. :mad: Today, bank holiday Sunday afternoon, they showed an Errol Flynn film made in 1938! Last week I paid €160 for a channel I never watch. And for what? To pay Tubridy's wage? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I know RTE were broke, but the amount of money they've saved during covid is astounding. No FC, no new shows, constant repeats. If I see Reeling in the Years one more time. :mad: Today, bank holiday Sunday afternoon, they showed an Errol Flynn film made in 1938! Last week I paid €160 for a channel I never watch. And for what? To pay Tubridy's wage? :mad:

I know, I love Rellling in the years, but there is only so much you can watch.... No matter what they'll still be moaning about how they need more funding, even this plauge won't bring them down to earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Aidan is in the new golf Lotto ad

Sean's keeping busy as well, serving burgers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Sean's keeping busy as well, serving burgers!
    Yeah spotted that. The big smiley head on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Was watching an old episode of glenroe earlier. Came across a young Tommy Dillon as Seamus, married to Carol, Biddys sister. At the very end. He was in a scene with Louis Gleeson earlier in the episode as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFKEDdQ7LlI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

The actress who plays Ellie is featured in today's Sunday World magazine. Apparantly she is one of the Top 5 "most busy" under 18s in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Another episode of FC from the archives has come online : this one from December 1994 (lots of Harry Molloy in it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvAdpsYvE9E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Rimmy

can't wait to listen to Bosco again!!!

• Advertisement

It’s meant to be back on Sunday the 6th September and will air three times a week for them to build up episodes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Never thought I’d ever say this but I actually am so looking forward to this coming back

Will be so great to have a smidgen of normality back during the week and have something to complain about other than this bloody pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

It’s meant to be back on Sunday the 6th September and will air three times a week for them to build up episodes!

Good news. Where did you hear that? I was beginning to wonder if it would ever come back.

happyday wrote: »
    Good news. Where did you hear that? I was beginning to wonder if it would ever come back.

It was posted on the Fair City fans facebook page. She normally has her info correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Yay! - cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Sparko

It was posted on the Fair City fans facebook page. She normally has her info correct.

Full quote from that Facebook page for anyone who wants to read it:
    Fair City will return to our screens on Sunday, September 6th! RTE will be back showing three episodes a week, but Fair City plan to film four episodes a week until they've built up a bit of a backlog.

Brigie De Courcy (Executive Producer of FC) revealed they have had to stall some of the big storylines that were playing out - to reflect the pandemic and to abide by the new guidelines.

She explained: “We absolutely have to park those episodes for now. We had a wonderful court case, we had a huge christening and a very exciting new romance.

“Everything was parked for safety reasons.

So we have come in with a new story completely. But we’ll come back to those episodes as soon as we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Strazdas wrote: »
    Another episode of FC from the archives has come online : this one from December 1994 (lots of Harry Molloy in it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvAdpsYvE9E

Thanks
    Watched earlier. Good stuff! Jimmy jealous of Eoin (who hadn't come out at that point)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So to get a break from the pandemic, Fair City will have stories reflecting life with the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I've forgotten all of the storylines!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Sparko

Kalimah wrote: »
    I've forgotten all of the storylines!

Me too, it took me more than a minute to figure out what pending court case was being referenced in the comments from the executive producer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement