Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

happyday wrote: »
    I watched a bit of The Irish RM last night. It was full of actors from Fair City and Glenroe and a few from The Field. It was better than I remembered and there were two little girls acting in it who were great little actors. I'd love to know if they were in anything else when they grew up.

If you remember the characters names you should be able to find them on IMDB and see if they're still acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

If you remember the characters names you should be able to find them on IMDB and see if they're still acting.

Thanks. I don't remember them but maybe I could find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

fin12 wrote: »
    I really hope they don’t get rid of Fair city. It’s nice having an Irish soap.
    We'd still have Ros na Run though, it's a brilliant soap, and you don't need Irish to follow it either with the subtitles. I'm a big fan of both but if I had to choose one over the other it would Ros na Run hands down - a far better soap in every respect.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

happyday wrote: »
    I watched a bit of The Irish RM last night. It was full of actors from Fair City and Glenroe and a few from The Field. It was better than I remembered and there were two little girls acting in it who were great little actors. I'd love to know if they were in anything else when they grew up.

Brian Murray is in the Irish RM. Murray seems to play a lot of slippery characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Brian Murray is in the Irish RM. Murray seems to play a lot of slippery characters.

Trevor Jordache!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Trevor Jordache!

Shifty Boswell

• Registered Users Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Corrie is still on air, Eastenders has just finished,, both are now filming again. While Fair City ended just weeks into the lockdown and we've had no indication of when they'll start filming again. Meanwhile RTE is crawling with repeats. Remind me again why we pay our licence fee?

RTE occasionally throw out a good Australian mini series and are up to date with programmes like Vikings and Condor but I honestly can't think of any other good reason why they are worth the license fee.

It’s great value to me personally. Apart from a small bit of Virgin/TG4/BBC I’d watch RTÉ the majority of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It’s great value to me personally. Apart from a small bit of Virgin/TG4/BBC I’d watch RTÉ the majority of the time.

What do you watch on it?

The so called home produced programmes are crap.

News and Weather
    Sunday Game
    Nationwide
    That John Creedon thing
    Reeling in the Years
    Prime Time
    Godfather of Harlem
    Neven Maguire
    Rory O’Connell
    Fair City when it was on
    Young Offenders
    LOI and international soccer matches
    The Zoo

I’m forgetting ones too I think.

• Advertisement

News and Weather
    Sunday Game
    Nationwide
    That John Creedon thing
    Reeling in the Years
    Prime Time
    Godfather of Harlem
    Neven Maguire
    Rory O’Connell
    Fair City when it was on
    Young Offenders
    LOI and international soccer matches
    The Zoo

I’m forgetting ones too I think.

'Fair City when it was on' is right. Is it ever coming back? Has anyone heard anything about filming? The longer it goes on the less likely I think it is to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Can you summarise please? I don't read the Sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Carols romantic liaison.

Ha I knew it, her and the priest. Aww would have been a good storyline.

Can you summarise please? I don't read the Sun!

Plastic scouser? :D

It’s coming back with a smaller cast, no pub scenes, social distancing during filming, and Bob & Rene are the only ones who can snog because they’re together in real life. They were on VM1 this evening talking about it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Una carried on to say that Fair City "will reflect what's happening at the moment and that's good, that's important." - Mmmm

So vague and wishy washy. No date confirmed for filming to resume or for it to come back on air... but Bob can kiss Renee so that's alright. For God's sake!

Plastic scouser? :D

Wow that's nasty.

Wow that's nasty.

Sorry it wasn’t meant to be, I just always find the refusal to read the Sun amusing when it’s someone from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Sorry it wasn’t meant to be, I just always find the refusal to read the Sun amusing when it’s someone from here.

It's an anti Irish rag but that's for another thread. Looking forward to fair city returning!

• Advertisement

Cazale wrote: »
    It's an anti Irish rag but that's for another thread. Looking forward to fair city returning!

Its going to be strange but looking forward to seeing how they manage it. I wonder how small will the cast actually be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Its going to be strange but looking forward to seeing how they manage it. I wonder how small will the cast actually be?

Sean and Leo probably won't get the call!

They can definitely keep Leo in hibernation. They were bad enough for rotating at the best of times anyway before. You’d have a few on screen constantly for a few weeks and then it was like a bus pulled up and took them all away after dropping off another bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭thesultan

Bob and Renee in the six o'clock show speaking about its comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭threetrees

I'm not sure if I want to see Bob and Renee cosy up for a snog. It's a bit voyeuristic since they are a couple in real life too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

What's Tommy going to do now? There will be no shanagins for him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hopefully none of them get a call back because all the acting on that show is dire!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Easily amused

Easily amused

Ah well. It was a long passed one to bring back up. Anything else to add about the show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dom40

Sean is busy making pizzas at Junction 14 Mayfield, so he is alright

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement