Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,763 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jos28 wrote: »
    Ah thanks Liz, I was enjoying my lunch until I read that !!

Did the thought of Paul make you excited :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Definitely not

giphy.gif

There’s been that much hype about that normal people thing that there’s surely a thread by now.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058066695

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭thesultan

Anywhere I could see episodes of Fair city the time of Billy Meehan?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,402 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

thesultan wrote: »
    Anywhere I could see episodes of Fair city the time of Billy Meehan?

I don't really know anywhere apart from you might find a few clips on YouTube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭threetrees

Crossing Fair City with Normal People again. The girl who Connell was drunkenly kissing in the street, she was in Fair City once upon a time. She was a head transplant actor for Seamus McAleer (or Seamus Manion) daughter Emma. She was taking excess caffeine pills when studying for the Leaving Cert I think. And if memory serves me right at least one of the Seamus's also had a head transplant. One Seamus was a builder and the other a politician I think?

threetrees wrote: »
    Crossing Fair City with Normal People again. The girl who Connell was drunkenly kissing in the street, she was in Fair City once upon a time. She was a head transplant actor for Seamus McAleer (or Seamus Manion) daughter Emma. She was taking excess caffeine pills when studying for the Leaving Cert I think. And if memory serves me right at least one of the Seamus's also had a head transplant. One Seamus was a builder and the other a politician I think?

Your correct Seamus McAleer actor did have a head transplant. His daughter was Laureen.

Séamus Mannion was another politician fella and he had a daughter called Emma.

(I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Jesus what a dose he is , I knew he was a thin skinned, talentless man. But this article sums up the crank that he is

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5467980/mrs-brown-fair-city-rory-cowan-blocked-twitter/

Any idea on when new episodes will be finalised?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,337 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Any idea on when new episodes will be finalised?

Article in the Irish Times says there is no definitive date yet for filming to begin but it may be quite soon. They anticipate going with two episodes a week initially and say that Covid will of course feature in the storylines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Strazdas wrote: »
    Article in the Irish Times says there is no definitive date yet for filming to begin but it may be quite soon. They anticipate going with two episodes a week initially and say that Covid will of course feature in the storylines.

Who'll they kill off under a Covid 19 story?

If I was a betting man, and I am at times, I'd be thinking Bella/Bela rather than Cass; Bellas storylines're pure s***e these days; just done to keep Jim Bartley on at this stage which is embarrassing him if I'm being honest.

They could dove-tail it as something to do with their upcoming nuptials maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Heard on the radio today filming is due to start soon, not sure how realistic it will look with everyone keeping 2 meters apart though!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭JoeFritzl

Saw this posted earlier in this thread, anyone ever see this Wiki before? Found it interesting when I saw it & a good read.

http://faircity.shoutwiki.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Heard on the radio today filming is due to start soon, not sure how realistic it will look with everyone keeping 2 meters apart though!

Very realistic as long as they acknowledge the virus.

Not that I'm annoyed about this.
    I think it really shows Fair City up how little they had recorded in advance before they stopped filming in March.
    They've also not said much about returning whilst other places around the World have.
    I think it would't have killed them to do something for Comic Relief the other night even it was just a Zoom Call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I keep thinking they will surely start back soon and let us know when exactly they will be back on air.

Fair dues to Coronation Street for keeping going putting out episodes during the whole thing.

It is nice to have a soap to watch to switch off at the moment.

Mondo was on the six o'clock show saying they haven't been given a date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Mondo was on the six o'clock show saying they haven't been given a date yet.

Now that’s a slow news day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Corrie is still on air, Eastenders has just finished,, both are now filming again. While Fair City ended just weeks into the lockdown and we've had no indication of when they'll start filming again. Meanwhile RTE is crawling with repeats. Remind me again why we pay our licence fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Corrie is still on air, Eastenders has just finished,, both are now filming again. While Fair City ended just weeks into the lockdown and we've had no indication of when they'll start filming again. Meanwhile RTE is crawling with repeats. Remind me again why we pay our licence fee?

They were the first to go off air and are now the last to start filming again. Something very strange going on.

• Advertisement

Doing the opposite to the UK regarding this virus is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

Heard from someone inside RTE that they are planning to scrap Fair City altogether, or at least discussing it as a possibility for the last few years. This covid situation has given them a chance to gauge if they can pursue other investments with a better ROI. An A/B test of sorts.

Heard from someone inside RTE that they are planning to scrap Fair City altogether, or at least discussing it as a possibility for the last few years. This covid situation has given them a chance to gauge if they can pursue other investments with a better ROI. An A/B test of sorts.

I was wondering if that was a possibility. They are very slow to resume filming. If they even had a possible date in mind you'd feel like it would come back.

500, 000 viewers hardly?

I think they are just slow to be honest. We know this because of how few episodes they had prepared in advance.
    In the UK they'd nearly be filming the Christmas scenes in October.I'd say Fair City wouldn't be finishing them off on the 22nd or 23rd of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

500, 000 viewers hardly?

Of which about 499,991 are critics and p*sstakers!

But no Fair City repeats

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I really hope they don’t get rid of Fair city. It’s nice having an Irish soap.

fin12 wrote: »
    I really hope they don’t get rid of Fair city. It’s nice having an Irish soap.

If they did get rid they'd just replace it with something else with the same actors.

• Advertisement

If they did get rid they'd just replace it with something else with the same actors.

I watched a bit of The Irish RM last night. It was full of actors from Fair City and Glenroe and a few from The Field. It was better than I remembered and there were two little girls acting in it who were great little actors. I'd love to know if they were in anything else when they grew up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement