Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It felt strange watching tonight's episode, I couldn't even bring myself to delete it from the Sky planner. (yes, sad I know). All jokes aside, nobody has any idea when we'll see the show again. All we can do is wait, hope and pray that the world will soon return to normal, and everyone will be safe.

Never thought I would say this, but I can't wait to hear the Fair City theme tune again, it will mean life as we knew it is back.

Stay safe folks. :)

https://www.facebook.com/RorysStoriesOfficial/videos/221909665928808/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

The microwave pinged & Sash rang Dean to be Godfather; I thought it odd she didn't ask Wayne at that point since her young lad's not supposed ever be told he's Juniors (half?) brother.

As for Fr. Liam, Fr. Trendy how are you! Local Priest from the Kiltegan Missions is IT Carlow Chaplain & doesn't wear the collar at work; rarely see him with it on or in his Priestly garb even when he's doing his shopping (he's no housekeeper to do it for him; shock horror!); indeed I've seen him prepping before Mass & he doesn't have it on; obviously at show time it'd be covered up by vestments anyway.

But for this thread I'd've never known he had played Troy in the past; I still can't get over the before/after photos.

Even when filming resumes, let's just say the 5th of May, it'll be June before an episode airs again and in that scenario I'd imagine it'll be 2 a week to begin with before building back up to 4 in the Autumn perhaps.

Certain stories will've been forgotten about; others will be changed as someone realises the many continuity errors that're strewn throughout & thinks now's a good time to get their s**t together finally.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I was wondering if they would show old episodes a few times a week to keep us going. We would really be experts on Fair City history then, spotting all the mistakes. It would be interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

Is there more episodes done but not broadcast prior to cov 19?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

happyday wrote: »
    I was wondering if they would show old episodes a few times a week to keep us going. We would really be experts on Fair City history then, spotting all the mistakes. It would be interesting though.

Good idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Could be Sept before this it back, filming a soap would be way down the list of things the Government would see as essential work/business that needs to re open.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,438 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are the actors and crew now on the Covid19 payment of €350?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    But for this thread I'd've never known he had played Troy in the past; I still can't get over the before/after photos. ..

I thought this had already been addressed. He didn’t play Troy in the past - the poster who stated that already acknowledged that he had made a mistake.

The actor currently playing Liam was previously in Fair City as Dean #1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

thesultan wrote:
    Is there more episodes done but not broadcast prior to cov 19?

No last night's episode was the last completed before production shut down

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

I wonder how much longer the English soaps will be on screen for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭leche solara

A vintage red Chardonnay more like.

Chardonnay is only white. And Altar Wine is a very poor quality red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are the actors and crew now on the Covid19 payment of €350?

They would be entitled to it all right I'd imagine, bit of a lifestyle change for them though going from making more than that in a day to having it as a weekly wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

They would be entitled to it all right I'd imagine, bit of a lifestyle change for them though going from making more than that in a day to having it as a weekly wage.

I did read in the past that a lot of Fair city actors have second jobs cause they might be filming for weeks then off for another few weeks, and wouldn’t be getting paid during the time they are not filming.

I wonder will Hayley get checked for the cancer gene in case inherited from Ger, then a hysterectomy too? Does Hayley want her own biological kids? I thought she told Sharon she didn't want kids when Sharon pushed Junior on her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Ich liebe Berlin

I wonder how much longer the English soaps will be on screen for

Eastenders will be on screen until 16 June.

Was watching Michael Collins last night and spotted Hughie in it.

Was watching Michael Collins last night and spotted Hughie in it.

Hughie was in Lenny Abrahamsons "Prosperity" in 00s too; three or four part series; RTE haven't it on their Player though & not much of it on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tonight episode.
    Nora and Carol leave Vino's after having a coffee and walk into Spar.
    Fr Liam is at the coffee machine.
    Carol smiles at him.
    Nora barks at her to stay away from him and storms out of Spar.
    Carol gets another coffee.

Tonight episode.
    Carol smiles at him.

All the while discussing killo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Tonight episode.
    Carol smiles at him.

Later:

The priest is flirting with Hailey in mcCoys using the excuse of asking for a donation

Carol walks in and looks fairly pissed offf

She waits till the priest leaves and makes sure to tell Hailey he is a priest so she’s wasting her time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,757 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Hayley looks at Priest all funny and thinks ... could he be my father? ! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Wonder will they reference the CoVid in the show when the resume episodes?

bazermc wrote: »

I would have thought someone like Bella (the character, not the actor I am citing) would have a hard time . Think i already read somewhere that (the actor Jim bartlett is it?) already suffered from a respiratory affliction like emphysema through all the years of smoking

They'd have to bring in corona virus somewhere. Social distancing wont be going anywhere, mc coys and the station might be closed for a bit longer, and spar will need arrows on the floor and a big perspex screen between the customers and the staff. Instead of characters bumping into each other every time they turn around, they will have to be yelling at each other from 2 meters away....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

bazermc wrote: »

Well if they were to live up to there standards at the moment.
    Orla would be annoyed because she has to mind her son instead of fobbing him off on other people.
    Paul would find a way to profit from it.
    Carol would be stressed because her businesses are closed and would be smoking loads of fags.
    Bosco would be going on about his driving test.
    Will would probably say he has it and Phoebe will yell and scream at Mairead to look after him.
    Ger will take advantage of those with finical issues.
    Lee will try and develop an App to deal with Covid-19 and it would fail.
    Several character might relies they've kitchens to make coffee in.

In terms of the actor Jim Bartley, I'd say he's bored off his pants with the storylines they trot out for him; it's like they're keeping him on because of his longevity; it's insulting to him like.

This marriage of convenience is a pure sham story if you pardon the pun.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    In terms of the actor Jim Bartley, I'd say he's bored off his pants with the storylines they trot out for him; it's like they're keeping him on because of his longevity; it's insulting to him like.

This marriage of convenience is a pure sham story if you pardon the pun.

I'd like to romantically think that they sit him in a corner and pay him in pints and fags at this stage . and God bless im , he must see all his mates die off and think "I'm not long I will be pushing up the daisy next!"

I never used to see old fair city, I have only ever known him as 'old' - but didnt he used to run Mccoys back in the day did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I never used to see old fair city, I have only ever known him as 'old' - but didnt he used to run Mccoys back in the day did he?
    I'm open to correction but don't ever recall him having anything to do with the running of Mc'Coys. Maybe you are thinking of Doyles corner shop, the precursor to Spar.
    I think he used to be over to the UK a lot in it something is telling me. Doing a bit of wheeling dealing and some womanising along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I'd like to romantically think that they sit him in a corner and pay him in pints and fags at this stage . and God bless im , he must see all his mates die off and think "I'm not long I will be pushing up the daisy next!"

I don't remember him doing that. I did watch it from the beginning but on and off over the years so maybe I missed that bit. He was a ladies man as they say. Ironic that now he spends most of his time giving out and judging other people. He was a terrible husband himself.

Looks like his loving children just want what they can get from him but that's the case with lots of families in real life I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

I would have thought someone like Bella (the character, not the actor I am citing) would have a hard time . Think i already read somewhere that (the actor Jim bartlett is it?) already suffered from a respiratory affliction like emphysema through all the years of smoking

I think Jim was on Primetime or Claire Byrne Live talking about cocooning

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement