Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Huberman. Finding Joy.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

This could have been the greatest comedy ever and the response here would be the same.

I think it’s ok so far and I just stumbled on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I do not understand how she still gets so much press. It was on news bulletins all day today that this show is starting tonight.
    The adspace devoted to this for the last month must have cost a fortune, it was driving me insane watching that promo over and over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She’s trying too hard to be like Jane from The IT Crowd, and failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This could have been the greatest comedy ever and the response here would be the same.

Specsavers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

The Border Terrier Aidan is great though. Actually called Fern.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Yer one was in Versailles

Is it a TV version of Bridget Jones?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Is that the fella from the ham ad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

This is... not good. On the upside I saw the new McDonnells Curry ad during the break and I actually laughed out loud. Which is more than i can say for this muddled crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Did she leave the dog on its own all day in the house?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Probably in the minority but I enjoyed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,891 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Agree, didn't really know anything about it either. Not the worst thing I ever saw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Watched with cynical outlook expected it it to be poor,
    Was actually quite funny couple of good one liner's, Amy is quite funny
    And that's from an old Fashioned mysogist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Knine wrote: »
    The Border Terrier Aidan is great though. Actually called Fern.

He reminds me of the dog in the AA add that ate the keyring....and he'd do it again !

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

jooksavage wrote: »
    This is... not good. On the upside I saw the new McDonnells Curry ad during the break and I actually laughed out loud. Which is more than i can say for this muddled crap.
    Chippus currrrius

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    He reminds me of the dog in the AA add that ate the keyring....and he'd do it again !

Also a Border Terrier. I have 3 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Samsgirl wrote: »

No thought it was excellent as well. Very funny. In fairness what ever you think about her you'd have to agree she's very talented

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭shrek008

Ahh God it wasnt great now, but yer wan on Yeats this evening said it does improve after tonight,Hope she’s right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Its not awful, its just pretty meh. The tone is all over the place. Most of the characters are one dimensional ciphers and Hubermans character is just too odd and too sad to be relatable. It could improve...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

shrek008 wrote: »
    Ahh God it wasnt great now, but yer wan on Yeats this evening said it does improve after tonight,Hope she’s right!!

I hope so. She's very likeable and a good actor. I just didn't find it very funny or original.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

DellyBelly wrote: »
    No thought it was excellent as well. Very funny. In fairness what ever you think about her you'd have to agree she's very talented

Go away, Amy!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

No matter how bad or good it is the Huberman worshiping Indo will declare it "a triumph" and to prove it will post gushing tweets from the likes of Tara Flynn.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

I hope so. She's very likeable and a good actor. I just didn't find it very funny or original.

I really like her! Didn't think it was great now but will tune in next week I reckon to see if it improves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Like others I was sick to death of the constant promos, slots on LLS and radio promoting the show. I watched and probably won't watch it again. A poor man's Bridget Jones with added farting/dog crap/urine.
    I'm hoping Women on the Verge is a much better offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Very weak

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

I like Amy as a person and on her instagram.
    The show however, was pretty ****e.
    Low brow, obvious boring rehashed jokes - plot wasn't very good.
    If you look at twitter however, she's a comic "genius" - there are people who either have really bad taste in comedy and TV in general or celebs and members of the public alike are pure lickholes who will love whatever someone puts out regardless.
    Not trying to sound begrudging but it was below average. And I'm an Amy fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

Happened to watch this as it was on after the news and had heard it advertised.

Was far from amazing but also far from terrible; the reaction on twitter etc will probably suggest that it must have fallen into own of those two camps.

Had some good/funny moments and some not so good and it would be easy to pick faults in it but think it managed to establish itself and the central character, in particular, pretty well which is, i'd say, probably the most difficult and most important thing for the first episode of a sitcom to do.

Amy Huberman definitely has talent as a comic actress and going by this obviously has some talent as a writer.

Thought it had some promise; wouldn't be going out of my way to insure I catch the next episode, not a big sitcom watcher anyway, but would definitely watch again if I happen to find myself in front of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

She's no Sharon Horgan I bet someone said, no I haven't watched it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Samsgirl wrote: »

Pass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

It was what what I expected, light and fluffy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Absolutely woeful, profanity for the sake of it and farting jokes? Pure nonsense.

Advertisement