Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Huberman. Finding Joy.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Pretty poor again.

Exactly how many poo related 'jokes' is she planning on inflicting on the viewers?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I've just watched the first episode and nearly switched it off at once but gave it a chance and stayed to the end. Curate's egg stuff but I'll probably give it another try. I still like Amy and fail to understand why she seems to arouse such dislike on various thread on Boards.

I liked her in The Clinic and she was great in A Film With Me In It.
    Wasn't a fan of Striking Out but I like her acting and think she comes across as genuine and I don't understand why people dislike her so much.

Finding Joy is only alright.
    Not that funny really and after 2 episodes, I don't know whether I'm too interested in watching the remaining ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

I just want to ask a question about this show. I watched it last night after missing the first episode because I wanted to see if it was as bad as what people were making it out to be.

Is it a comedy? I only ask because I didn't laugh or even smile once. It was bizarre stuff really and as a whole just rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

sonic85 wrote: »
    I just want to ask a question about this show. I watched it last night after missing the first episode because I wanted to see if it was as bad as what people were making it out to be.

Is it a comedy? I only ask because I didn't laugh or even smile once. It was bizarre stuff really and as a whole just rubbish.
    I think that's the problem. No one knows what it is meant to be. It's a load of very random stuff together with a wanabee Bridget Jones element that doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

I like Amy, I follow her on Instagram- she’s funny and seems like a nice person.

But this show is not funny. It’s cringey. And it’s not massively appealing, in these stressful times where rent is spiralling out of control, and most young people like me feel they haven’t a hope of ever owning their own place, to watch her mope around her fancy south Dublin house as if she has real problems. RTE are ust out of touch. Maybe this all sounded hilarious in the cosy environs of Montrose, but most people think it’s pure crap. Can’t Cope, Won’t Cope wasn’t great, but at least it depicted the financial issues of one of the main characters in a realistic way. I hate how all these drippy ‘modern’ female characters in books and TV just have fluffy bull**** PR jobs, can’t relate whatsoever.

It’s such a shame, why can’t RTE take risks and nurture some new actual talent- this show is never ever going to be considered hilarious or original. It’s mediocre at best.

Gah, rant over!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Can’t cope, won’t cope was panned on here.

Amy’s show is average. Cliched. I think she’s a good comic actress though.

As for being realistic Friends was a few minimum wage employees, jobbing actor, an accountant and a mad woman living it up in Manhattan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

As for being realistic Friends was a few minimum wage employees, jobbing actor, an accountant and a mad woman living it up in Manhattan.

Friends was funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

drops 100,000 viewers in the 2nd episode

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/amy-hubermans-finding-joy-drops-100000-viewers-for-second-episode-37434008.html?fbclid=IwAR3IBQEW1wlq9a1sUlrRh087b0OMQlXEc3Q8DUz68ggKhtT24teTaR3e7lw

Lol what will Amy's next show be about once this is dropped next year, she's a doctor, vet, magican…..come on rte stop pushing her crap

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/amy-hubermans-finding-joy-drops-100000-viewers-for-second-episode-37434008.html?fbclid=IwAR3IBQEW1wlq9a1sUlrRh087b0OMQlXEc3Q8DUz68ggKhtT24teTaR3e7lw

Lol what will Amy's next show be about once this is dropped next year, she's a doctor, vet, magican…..come on rte stop pushing her crap

Presidental election debate on VMT 1

Elmo wrote: »
    Pressidental election debate on VMT 1

that was on at half 9 and the debate was 10..probably they'll try to spin that the reason for the decrease

• Advertisement

that was on at half 9 and the debate was 10..probably they'll try to spin that the reason for the decrease

Last half hour was on during the debate.... though VMT spun there high audience! (They gave no average) and without that spin, I could not spin my last post :) stats stats and lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Think amy needs to concentrate on her home life at this stage.

Last night’s episode stunk. Can see it losing further viewers next week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Last half hour was on during the debate.... though VMT spun there high audience! (They gave no average) and without that spin, I could not spin my last post :) stats stats and lies.

Eh, no it wasn`t. Finding Joy started at 9.30 and finished just after 10 pm. The Presidential debate started at 10pm so if there was an overlap it was for no more than 2 minutes.

Eh, no it wasn`t. Finding Joy started at 9.30 and finished just after 10 pm. The Presidential debate started at 10pm so if there was an overlap it was for no more than 2 minutes.

TG for small mercies!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'm sure the target audience, ie millennials, were really going to tune in to the Presidential Debate.

Let's call a spade a spade, it's poor. Which is in keeping with a lot of it's homegrown comedic offerings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

Where there no farts in episode 2?

Farts = max lollers !

I'm sure the target audience, ie millennials, were really going to tune in to the Presidential Debate.

You'd not put it on RTÉ ONE if that was the case. Perhaps Virgin Media should take on this type of drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Let's call a spade a spade, it's poor. Which is in keeping with a lot of it's homegrown comedic offerings.

No doubt the ad department in RTE is spinning those audience figures and demographics to their advertisers...Millennials, female, ABC1s, big disposable incomes etc etc you know the golden audience as far as advertisers are concerned.

Well, I tuned in for the car crash quality of RTE Primetime Programming, the public freak show that is RTE...I am a grumpy man in my 40s and I'm stone broke, so, the joke is on them!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Ah lads, at least wait till it airs before ye start kicking it.

Ok to kick it now?

Pure dog shíte.
    If you get me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Where there no farts in episode 2?

Farts = max lollers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭janmaree

Coming in a bit late here but although I'm disappointed so far with Finding Joy, I really enjoyed Threesome. She was excellent in that and while it was far-fetched, it was a great laugh. It was cancelled far too soon in my opinion but that often happens to good shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

It doesn't look like many people on here tuned in for episode three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I went looking for the thing on RTE player and I cant find it. Is it because I don't have a TV licence or something?

I went looking for the thing on RTE player and I cant find it. Is it because I don't have a TV licence or something?
    Sorry, just realised that my UK VPN was turned on. Anyone got last nights numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

This is absolutely rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Episode 3 was alright.

Anyone find the numbers for ep 3? Cant find them anywhere. RTE had the numbers everywhere for ep1.

Anyone find the numbers for ep 3? Cant find them anywhere. RTE had the numbers everywhere for ep1.

less than 205,000 viewers, did not make RTÉ ONE's top twenty shows. (15+)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

less than 205,000 viewers, did not make RTÉ ONE's top twenty shows. (15+)

Wow that is a spectacular drop!!! Has there ever been a bigger flop in RTE Primetime history?

I guess we all didn't agree with Peter Crawley of the Irish Times - "Huberman brings a trace of Sarah Silverman, Kirsten Wiig and Anna Faris - and a dollop of Sharon Horgan - to another otherwise conventional set up"

Is there any negative reviews, I can't find any?

• Advertisement

Wow that is a spectacular drop!!! Has there ever been a bigger flop in RTE Primetime history?

I guess we all didn't agree with Peter Crawley of the Irish Times - "Huberman brings a trace of Sarah Silverman, Kirsten Wiig and Anna Faris - and a dollop of Sharon Horgan - to another otherwise conventional set up"

Is there any negative reviews, I can't find any?

probably only on forums and maybe smaller papers. any national paper need sh!te about Amy (like her going for a slash in Dundrum shopping centre or eating a big mac) to keep their papers filled up with content

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-reviews/television-no-joy-in-amys-sitcom-but-sharons-new-comedy-is-smart-and-witty-37410278.html - surprisingly the Indo gave her a poor review....

Advertisement