Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Huberman. Finding Joy.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

The ad's on RTE for her show as well have calmed down a bit as well.....not as frequent for the first few episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

I guess we all didn't agree with Peter Crawley of the Irish Times - "Huberman brings a trace of Sarah Silverman, Kirsten Wiig and Anna Faris - and a dollop of Sharon Horgan - to another otherwise conventional set up"

Is there any negative reviews, I can't find any?

That is a negative review in my eyes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Wow that is a spectacular drop!!! Has there ever been a bigger flop in RTE Primetime history?

I guess we all didn't agree with Peter Crawley of the Irish Times - "Huberman brings a trace of Sarah Silverman, Kirsten Wiig and Anna Faris - and a dollop of Sharon Horgan - to another otherwise conventional set up"

Is there any negative reviews, I can't find any?

Liam Fay panned it in the Sunday Times magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Has Pat Stacey piped up about it yet? He normally skewers crap like this.

Anyone remember the viewing figs for episode 1? Wasnt it just under 400k? If so a drop to 205k viewers is quite the collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Has Pat Stacey piped up about it yet? He normally skewers crap like this.

Anyone remember the viewing figs for episode 1? Wasnt it just under 400k? If so a drop to 205k viewers is quite the collapse.

That certainly won’t stop RTE commissioning her for every half thought that comes into her head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Lets call a spade a spade...its awful. I know shes lovely and all that stuff, but shes not a good actress, comedy or otherwise, and going by this she is not a good comedy writer either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That certainly won’t stop RTE commissioning her for every half thought that comes into her head.

Oh I have no doubt about that, RTE love flogging a dead horse. You would wonder how much she was paid for this latest flop. Given she wrote it, acted in it and produced it I am guessing her fee is north of 100k. I get that commissioning editors have to nurture talent and that not everything is going to be an instant hit. But with Amy she has had more chances than anyone else from RTE to produce something of quality and it hasnt happened. With this one they gave her a prime time slot right after the news and a ton of promotion across TV, radio and print to push the show yet still it has flopped. Its time to put her out to roost and nurture other talent rather than wasting more money hoping the RTE luvvie comes good.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

I'm really enjoying this show! Have me a few genuine laugh out loud moments!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »

Your on your own with that one going by this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Huberman is blandness personified with the acting range of a turnip, same expression for every scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,893 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »

Agree. Amy (whom I knew little about, as a writer or celeb) has nothing to be ashamed of here if this is her first effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

It’s fine. The dog is an annoyance. The fart jokes are gone now and it’s just a work/romance comedy story.

It’s about 6.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

The dog talking isn't really necessary, it adds nothing to the show.

Thought I'd hate the new housemate, and at times I do, she's a bit forced, but she has her moments.

Overall, I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

WTF there's a talking dog?!

It also suffers from the usual Irish TV/Film problem of "isnt that your man from the bord bia ad" etc. Was the same when I went to see Black 47 recently, the father from the preceding ulster bank ad then appears in the film as one of the "taking the soup" Protestants. I fail to believe we have such a small pool of acting talent here that they have to appear in everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It also suffers from the usual Irish TV/Film problem of "isnt that your man from the bord bia ad" etc. Was the same when I went to see Black 47 recently, the father from the preceding ulster bank ad then appears in the film as one of the "taking the soup" Protestants. I fail to believe we have such a small pool of acting talent here that they have to appear in everything.

In fairness both actors have been in Ros Na Run at one point and are jobbing actors they take what they can get.

He was actually in Black47 in more scene than in that one.

Elmo wrote: »
    He was actually in Black47 in more scene than in that one.

Never said he wasnt, merely cited that scene to highligh my argument. If he was in every scene it still wouldnt disprove the rampant incestousness of the Irish media industry. Im sure membership of Irish Equity is a considerable factor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

This is awful stuff lads...awful...I caught the last ten mins last night...its beyond car crash at this stage...is it still even a comedy? Where does Irish comedy series go from here...farts and talking dogs is where we are at....this really is a low point!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Never said he wasnt, merely cited that scene to highligh my argument. If he was in every scene it still wouldnt disprove the rampant incestousness of the Irish media industry. Im sure membership of Irish Equity is a considerable factor too.

So he's in Black47, Ros Na Run and probably one of the most annoying ads on TV at the moment.

You'll find its more a case of too few projects.

This is awful stuff lads...awful...I caught the last ten mins last night...its beyond car crash at this stage...is it still even a comedy? Where does Irish comedy series go from here...farts and talking dogs is where we are at....this really is a low point!

It was first and last episode I watched, I thought it couldnt sink any lower until she even wrote in hubby for a 'hilarious' cameo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

It was first and last episode I watched, I thought it couldnt sink any lower until she even wrote in hubby for a 'hilarious' cameo.

Really? BOD was also in the first episode very briefly. Did he have a speaking part in the latest offering?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Really? BOD was also in the first episode very briefly. Did he have a speaking part in the latest offering?
    I can't remember exactly what he said, but there was an expletive in the 4 or 5 words he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Dear Lord. What a pile of ****e.

RTE are like when the BBC were run by post world War 2 drunks.

Its someone who lives in a bubble trying to be edgy and has absolutely no awareness of the real world.

Vacous terrible teenage tripe. Basically a talentless hack given free reign in Montrose.

Utterly unwatchable.

Its someone who lives in a bubble trying to be edgy and has absolutely no awareness of the real world.

But they gave us Sir.Jimmy! Always had their finger on the pulse of the British nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

The story of this series, is despite the primetime slot, the hype, the promotional ads, which attracted over 500,000 people for the first episode, the ratings have tanked...last I saw by the 2nd episode the numbers dropped to 200,000....god only knows what the ratings are now, a spectacular failure really!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Dear Lord. What a pile of ****e.

Vacous terrible teenage tripe. Basically a talentless hack given free reign in Montrose.

Utterly unwatchable.
    Time to end the TV licence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Utter ****e is what it is,and thats being polite

Amy will be finding further joy at your expense lads, just another RTE lifer and we're shelling out for it ad nauseam.

Symptomatic of traditional RTE incestousness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Podge and Rodge decided to try a bit of blasphemy to mark the referendum result. Podge said

Amy Huberman isn't funny.

Advertisement