Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Ate what was left from a deli before they closed shop at 3pm... regret it, they were dried out muck [a burger and pastry sausage lattice rolls]. :(

Ugh, like from a Centra deli?... hope you don't get deli belly.
    Always seems like an OK idea at the time, but unless it's very fresh, it's junk.

Going to heat up a chorizo/butterbean/tomato stew I made yesterday and will add some fresh spinach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

Thai chicken curry with rice and chips.

chips look yum - you make em or?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Tesco Finest moussaka

Was it nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Was it nice?

A bit rich. I was hungry again after it. You'd need some sides as it's a small portion. Tasty enough though, the finest range is usually OK.

I had the Balti House curry. Was alright. Really fancied ordering an Indian but shouldn't be getting into that habit. My fat belly protests

• Advertisement

I had the Balti House curry. Was alright. Really fancied ordering an Indian but shouldn't be getting into that habit. My fat belly protests

shudda posted a pic..

sporina wrote: »
    shudda posted a pic..

Why. It didn't look appetising. Oh I think you misread. I didn't order an Indian, I had one of the balti house ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

A crodot, which until today I didn't know existed. Like a cronut but with added dot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A few beers! Sauteed the onions and mushrooms earlier and made some dreamy, creamy mash. Really took my time. I have a striploin heading for room temp and then on the pan. A butcher cut one as the others out front looked very small. With some pepper sauce, I expect it to taste great. I'm spoiling myself tonight. It's my current fave meal. I had something similar on Thursday. A real meal for only me.:D

Found out how easy foccacia is to make. I'm now going through a craze, making foccacia every day for the past fortnight. Even the neighbours are sick of offers of foccacia. There are two dinner-plate-sized lunchboxes of the stuff in the fridge, and more on the way.

I am eating it to prove everyone wrong. Feeling a little queasy tbh.

It's the kneading, it's very satisfying. Fully recommend this simple recipe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/focaccia_08389

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Turkey, roast potatoes, cauliflower and parsley sauce.
    Tbh the meat and potatoes were just an accompaniment to the veg and sauce :)

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Plumpy Nut

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Found out how easy foccacia is to make. I'm now going through a craze, making foccacia every day for the past fortnight. Even the neighbours are sick of offers of foccacia. There are two dinner-plate-sized lunchboxes of the stuff in the fridge, and more on the way.

I am eating it to prove everyone wrong. Feeling a little queasy tbh.

It's the kneading, it's very satisfying. Fully recommend this simple recipe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/focaccia_08389

I have to make this now.

Shepards Pie this evening. Some with different veggies. This one had peas and carrots. I had croquettes too with mine and extra gravy. Making it in individual dishes really makes it easy to add bits and bobs.

IMG-20210523-175234.jpg

Last night, I had my current fave of steak, onions/mushrooms, mash and peas. Splashed pepper sauce over it.

IMG-20210523-182712.jpg

Suppin a beer now.

Only had toast all day then I gave in and had noodles. I was high from lack of food. Not a good look.

Only had toast all day then I gave in and had noodles. I was high from lack of food. Not a good look.

why?

sporina wrote: »
    why?

Not sure. Could be a psychological thing. I do eat though.

Not sure. Could be a psychological thing. I do eat though.

? curious..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

A rarity here, but had a massive plate of grilled sausages, bacon, pudding with tomato, scrambled egg, mushrooms, a generous dollop of relish, and a mug of coffee for brunch.

And good company which makes every meal taste like a banquet!

Cooking bbq smokey dogs. Going to see what they are like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Spicy chicken wings

They are awful. Can't eat them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Taco Tuesday. So that will be today's big meal. Later. When I leave coffeehouse. Now. Sipping dark, rich brew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Home made fairy cakes, topped with the last of the Easter eggs melted down .. my mother’s old recipe, nostalgic food!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

gogo wrote: »
    Home made fairy cakes, topped with the last of the Easter eggs melted down .. my mother’s old recipe, nostalgic food!
    Chocolate. Lovely food.

Toasted Edam sambo with red pepper relish and a mug o tea

Toasted Edam sambo with red pepper relish and a mug o tea

I had fish and chips in Tramore today with Mrs G. A short enough day trip for the craic and something different. Oh it was great to be milling it in the salty air looking at the sea. Brilliant.:) Finishing off a beer and feeling like I'm on some sort of holiday. Gonna toast the special soon. Ham, cheddar, tomato and onion. A sneaky few left over chips that I brought home. Nuke em. Be grand on the side.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I had fish and chips in Tramore today with Mrs G. A short enough day trip for the craic and something different. Oh it was great to be milling it in the salty air looking at the sea. Brilliant.:) Finishing off a beer and feeling like I'm on some sort of holiday. Gonna toast the special soon. Ham, cheddar, tomato and onion. A sneaky few left over chips that I brought home. Nuke em. Be grand on the side.

Yummy. Glad you had a nice day. I always associate the sea with chips from the chipper van when I was a kid.
    Enjoy the beer and the sambos

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

A crunchy bowl of broccoli and cabbage slaw with only a splash of sweet, tangy slaw dressing, and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds, raisins and the ever so healthy...
    bacon bits
    :o

• Advertisement

Family disappeared down to cork for a few days leaving me alone suddenly.

Which leaves me with - among other things - 4 quite nice cuts of steak. Decided today is steak day and I am going to have them all.

Breakfast was fried steak strips covered in three runny fried eggs and small amount of fried onion.

Lunch will be a steak sandwich with sauce and onion and salad inside.

Dinner will be a streak strips stir fry with cashews and prawns and noodles and hot chillies and ginger.

The fourth steak for supper though - wondering what to do with that :)

Advertisement