Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Fresh Hake supper, splashin' the cash tonight.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Happened to be in Lidl earlier and saw a coffee machine near the checkouts. €1 for a really decent latte, was chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

Fresh Hake supper, splashin' the cash tonight.

looks daycent as we say in Cork.. was the fish battered or crumbed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Ordering Indian food. Have been craving curry

They are not confirming my order and no answer on the phone. Fck sake

• Advertisement

Stir fried prawns with fresh garlic and ginger, then added some frozen Asian veg, then the spring onion and oyster sauce and finally some soft noodles added to the wok for the last couple of minutes. Nuked the egg fried rice and the crackers were out of a bag.

It went down well, mouth almighty teenage son was extremely impressed.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Fahitas with a Carlsberg to ease the chili tingles.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Last night I tried the salt and chili rack of ribs from Aldi. What was I thinking? They were total crap from flavour to meat content. I broke my golden rule. Usually I buy the ribs from my butcher and look after the marinade myself. Alternatively Dunnes or Supervalu do a branded ready to go rack that's good. Back to basics tonight and an all home cooked feast for the crew.

Par boned chicken breast with roasties and sweetcorn for Mrs/Ms G and coming up later after a few beers, a striploin and some extras for me. As I'm the only one in the house who likes steak, its affordable. If the rest liked it, I'd have to rethink it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Made a club sandwich (bacon, grilled chicken, tomatoes, rocket, fried egg), broccoli and some air fried sweet potato fries.

Beverly Hills, California

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Just had an Egghead at coffeehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭global23214124

Just polished off some ribs and pork belly left over from yesterday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Just polished off some ribs
    Was a market deli yesterday. They had hot, freshly roasted ribs. Didn't buy. But after, wish I had. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 DipDiphooray

Two gingernut biscuits. Proud of myself for putting packet away.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Tortilla chips with habanero salsa.

Two gingernut biscuits. Proud of myself for putting packet away.

I admire your restraint. They're lovely dipped in tea.

Waited up till 1 am starving with no food after arriving. I got a text this morning saying I will get a refund. So annoying but in fairness that has never happened with them before, they must have been busy
    i just had a toasted special and some tea
    i don't know what to eat lately?

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I admire your restraint. They're lovely dipped in tea.

I have never been a dunker the thoughts of biscuits in my tea makes me break out in sweats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

today is international burger day (national burger day is 12 Aug)

so aldi ribeyesteak burgers (on the bbq if the rain holds off), brioche buns, cheese, bacon, crispy onion bits + triple cooked chips and beer is todays menu

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CaboRoig

I just had the remainder of yesterdays pasta dish.
    It's chicken fried off in a pan, then red peppers, onions, garlic and ginger fried off too. Back in to a big pot, add whatever herbs and spices you fancy, a carton of passata, squeeze of tomato puree, a stock pot or cube. Pot of pasta and that's my go to dinner.

CaboRoig wrote: »
    It's chicken fried off in a pan, then red peppers, onions, garlic and ginger fried off too. Back in to a big pot, add whatever herbs and spices you fancy, a carton of passata, squeeze of tomato puree, a stock pot or cube. Pot of pasta and that's my go to dinner.

That sounds amazing... Yum yum

• Advertisement

Too hot for cooking so stretch or starve for the main course and sweet toffee roulade for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Too hot for cooking so stretch or starve for the main course and sweet toffee roulade for dessert.

Certainly not hot here. Pan fried chicken fillet, sauteed onions, mushrooms and mixed peppers. A tonne of herb potato cubes with a drizzle of pepper sauce all over. Beers!

Ya know those little pots of chicken and stuffing you can get from the supermarkets?

Yeah, really addicted to those, with red pepper, rocket and mayo in pita bread.

... With salads and flatbread etc.

woMRyRC.jpg

... With salads and flatbread etc.

No dill this time Porklife, just sumac! :)

Dill - yukk.. but Coriander - hmmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

CaboRoig wrote: »

That is basically my go-to dinner, except it could be pasta for Italian, rice for Indian/Chinese. But chicken, onion, etc can be the base for everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Sumac..great choice...undill next time :p

do i see coriander too?

• Advertisement

sporina wrote: »
    do i see coriander too?

Parsley. Only the supermarket stuff though. Farmers market is the place to buy the best herbs.

Advertisement