Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Garlic dough balls .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Chicken fajita with a few chips.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Made a roast chicken dinner today for a planned five people including a delivery. Mash, peas, carrots, roasties, stuffing and gravy. The usual fare. Now it doesn't matter what size a chicken is. A chicken is a chicken, But you can only stretch a chicken across five people so far. In fact you can't unless it was the 1980s. I had a late addition.:D So I bought a fillet steak for myself and left the four hungry people to eat the chicken to its very bones.:D

Me? Well it was a fillet steak, mash, garden peas,mushrooms and a spare roastie. A splash of gravy was added. I can't be the only one who uses beef gravy on my steak?

IMG-20210510-191904.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

A bit of a thrown together meal here, veggie burgers and the last of the prepped mash from the fridge, curry sauce, bed of spinach., slice of cheese on the burger
    And the last cider and glass of vino to wash down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Made a roast chicken dinner today for a planned five people including a delivery. Mash, peas, carrots, roasties, stuffing and gravy. The usual fare. Now it doesn't matter what size a chicken is. A chicken is a chicken, But you can only stretch a chicken across five people so far. In fact you can't unless it was the 1980s. I had a late addition.:D So I bought a fillet steak for myself and left the four hungry people to eat the chicken to its very bones.:D

Me? Well it was a fillet steak, mash, garden peas,mushrooms and a spare roastie. A splash of gravy was added. I can't be the only one who uses beef gravy on my steak?

IMG-20210510-191904.jpg

That steak looks to die for G!!

I had yet another cooking disaster. I don't understand what happened. I made lovely beef stew on Saturday and put the leftovers in the fridge. Went to reheat it for dinner and the attached photo speaks for itself... what the hell! I had to throw the entire thing in the bin.
    That's happening way too much for my liking lately 😡

• Advertisement

Picture didn't attach..i cant even post my disasters lately 😡

Porklife wrote: »
    Picture didn't attach..i cant even post my disasters lately ��

You've enough to be worrying about Porklife. Read your posts about the velvetised beef and now your stew. Describe what happened to the stew. For a reheat, it has to be made a certain way. Any packet mix will result in it being all gloopey.

You've enough to be worrying about Porklife. Read your posts about the velvetised beef and now your stew. Describe what happened to the stew. For a reheat, it has to be made a certain way. Any packet mix will result in it being all gloopey.

It solidified into what looked like a brick of dog food :)
    There was plenty of stock and liquid on Saturday so i don't understand where it all disappeared to!
    If you stuck a fork into the stew you could lift it like a block!
    I binned it and had a lovely burger instead but hate wasting food like that and not understanding how it went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭astraj

There was plenty of stock and liquid on Saturday so i don't understand where it all disappeared to!
    I binned it and had a lovely burger instead but hate wasting food like that and not understanding how it went wrong.

Same thing happens here and I just reheat it in a big saucepan slowly as I cook potatoes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

oh gee.. I think it wudda been fine on reheating.. thats just the fat etc solidifying on chilling..

• Advertisement

Oh I've been there years ago Porklife. The liquid solidifies and won't reheat properly. For a reheat plan, it has to be made a different way Gonna post about it soon. Stay tuned to a curry and look after yourself and baby.:D

It probably would have melted in a little butter and stock but it looked so disgusting that i binned it. Beef and me have..eh..beef now;p

Thanks for the food condolences though guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Sorry to hear that Porklife. For what it's worth I thought your stir-fry looked good. I wasn't able to attach pics on here either. I notice Rows didn't put a pic up and he usually does. Imgur works as well but don't go to any trouble. Look after yourself!

Sorry to hear that Porklife. For what it's worth I thought your stir-fry looked good. I wasn't able to attach pics on here either. I notice Rows didn't put a pic up and he usually does. Imgur works as well but don't go to any trouble. Look after yourself!

Looks can be deceiving S :)
    At the moment im leaping on any excuse not to cook too. I get these bursts of energy but if even the slightest thing goes wrong I'm like, that's it...im ordering in!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Got chili on the brain. Or rather the tastebud memories. Let's see. Chili burger with cheese, onions, and jalapenos? Or a huge bowl of chili? Or chili on dogs? Or... or?

Fathom wrote: »
    Got chili on the brain. Or rather the tastebud memories. Let's see. Chili burger with cheese, onions, and jalapenos? Or a huge bowl of chili? Or chili on dogs? Or... or?

A huge bowl of Chili over Nachos. Melted cheese on top. Sour cream optional. From my pot archive.:D

IMG-20201103-124535.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Yummy chili Grandeeod!

Fathom wrote: »
    Yummy chili Grandeeod!

It's a great chili Fathom all the way from a dear old Mexican friend since 1992! No jar, just real spice and nice with fresh veg and good meat.. But I do use a can of beans.:D

A pisser of a day here, so I'm getting the board out to fill with easy treats.

It's a great chili Fathom all the way from a dear old Mexican friend since 1992!
    That does it Grandeeod. I'm off to find a bowl of chili. Laters.

Buffalo wings from SV with fries and slaw. Nibbles really, but you'd get charged a fortune if there was a a celery stick and blue cheese dip. A Centra triple choc swissroll slice for a small dessert. Night folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Had a banana. Was going to the maccy ds drive thru after my test to get breakfast and the fcking thing was under maintenance then I realised I couldn't go in there so had to go without. All more Covid crap. I'll have to rustle up something myself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Some random things...

Polish sausage with puy lentils and carrots mashed up with basil. I added obligatory hot sauce.

It was quick and tasty :)

kgffmeL.jpg

Tall, rich, dark java brew.

Wednesday night beers. I had a roast dinner from my local Centra Deli earlier today. Roast chicken, stuffing and ham with three scoops of mash, roasties, veg and gravy. Only €6,50. I'd give it a sold 8.5 for taste and value. I have some BBQ wings left over from last night. I'll pop them in the oven later for a post beer nibble.:D

Ginger and garlic chicken stir fry with red peppers, broccoli, seasame seeds and pistachio nuts.
    The sauce is soy, rice vinegar and oyster with an array of spices and a splash of orange juice.

Ginger and garlic chicken stir fry with red peppers, broccoli, seasame seeds and pistachio nuts.
    The sauce is soy, rice vinegar and oyster with an array of spices and a splash of orange juice.

I like that Porklife. I need a new Wok to get back to my oriental vibe.:pac:

I like that Porklife. I need a new Wok to get back to my oriental vibe.:pac:

Woks are the business. It always makes me feel like a pro flipping the veg around in a wok :)
    Orange juice worked well with the saltiness of the soy and oyster sauce.
    I like stir frys cos they're pretty fool proof and I've had some kitchen disasters lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭dasdog

Off work tomorrow so early evening beers are allowed but having accompanying snacks too. Gilda's are a Basque Pintxo - Olives, Anchovies, Chilies, Olive Oil. Some peoples idea of hell but they go so well with a beer.

7qnq0TK.png

dasdog wrote: »
    Off work tomorrow so early evening beers are allowed but having accompanying snacks too. Gilda's are a Basque Pintxo - Olives, Anchovies, Chilies, Olive Oil. Some peoples idea of hell but they go so well with a beer.

7qnq0TK.png

I don't like anchovies. Slithery feckers. I just couldn't take to them.:D But olive oil, salt, crusty bread and olives, I will always cherish from my time living (and working) in the sun. No better thing with a beer. But ya gotta have sun.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Drinking a very, very rare (for me!) whiskey (Jameson Caskmates). It’s not normally my tipple of choice but **** it. My new housemate is a whiskey connoisseur so I’m learning a lot! :)

Advertisement