Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

You shouldn't be beating your chicken. I'm ashamed for you hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ah S I don't mean that.:D Flattened chicken breast is so cool on the pan. A big thing in the med and canaries with some great sauces. An escalope all the way.:pac:

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Ah S I don't mean that.:D Flattened chicken breast is so cool on the pan. A big thing in the med and canaries with some great sauces. An escalope all the way.:pac:

I know. Tenderise away like a good man. I've had it on hols a few times.

Just finished work so ordered a curry off a new place. I'll update later. Nom nom

It was nice. I ate half, it was a bit sweet I found but they used decent ingredients from what I could tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Gabagool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

It was nice. I ate half, it was a bit sweet I found but they used decent ingredients from what I could tell.

looks lovely and good to see that your appetite is back..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Chicken,bacon caeser salad , fresh brown soda bread , mug of coffee .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Chicken,bacon caeser salad , fresh brown soda bread , mug of coffee .

SNAP Mam of 4 (kind of).. wen I was out for a stroll at lunchtime I got this intense craving for a salad... with Butterhead Lettuce, specifically (odd).. so thats what I just had for dinner.. Salad of Butterhead Lettuce, roast chicken, sun blushed tomatoes, reg tomatoes, peppers, beetroot, black olives and Ballymaloe Relish - and a mug a tae.. hmm.. but wish I'd had some homemade brown bread though.. (tomorrow)

A fresh cod and chips by the sea earlier. We brought our own bread and butter.:D

IMG-0056.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

On a sort of Middle Eastern buzz recently, so there will be lamb kebabs (pre-bought marinated and skewered from the butcher) with flatbreads, tomato/cucumber salad, a quick yoghurt/tahini/garlic sauce, sambal to serve as a chilli sauce, pickled jalapeno and sprinklings of dried herbs and spices!

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    On a sort of Middle Eastern buzz recently, so there will be lamb kebabs (pre-bought marinated and skewered from the butcher) with flatbreads, tomato/cucumber salad, a quick yoghurt/tahini/garlic sauce, sambal to serve as a chilli sauce, pickled jalapeno and sprinklings of dried herbs and spices!

sounds fab.. my kinda food.. but, no hummus? i can't lovvvve the stuff :)

Not my usual Friday night fare, but fancied it and it's as cheap as can be. A pan fried pork chop, sauteed mushrooms and onions. Mash and garden peas. I splashed some pepper sauce over it after the snap. Natures oils & sauces do a great one that I'm using a lot of lately.

GOPR0121.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Onion rings and chips tonight :)

These are unreal. Supervalu have them, not sure if you can get them up the country though.

1vr7eTA.jpg

These are unreal. Supervalu have them, not sure if you can get them up the country though.

1vr7eTA.jpg

You can indeed get them up the country. In Laois SV anyway. In with all the delights from BBQ to chicken wings. A fab range of stuff in SV today. Got my pork chops there.

Oh that's good, have you tried them? I like how Supervalu supports Irish small businesses.

Oh that's good, have you tried them? I like how Supervalu supports Irish small businesses.

I haven't tried them yet, but I will as I love smoked fish. I agree about supporting small Irish business's . I am one! But what pisses me off are small supermarkets not giving a fcuk about those supporting them over the last 14 months. Rant over. As we were!:D

Just had a big lump of coffee cake from Fitzpatrick's in Glounthaune (East Cork folk will know of this gem of a place) - hmm.. delish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

1vr7eTA.jpg

They've made it as far as North Tipp anyway :D

Dunnes in Nenagh have them - offer of 2 for €10.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Thinking fish and chips later today. Thanks to Surreptitious.

Fathom wrote: »
    Thinking fish and chips later today. Thanks to Surreptitious.

Hope you enjoy!!

I've stocked up on food and booze. No more shopping for a while

BTW G, supervalu has rockshore 8 for 8. I think Tesco has 24 slabs as well for under 30

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Healthy food time :)

555046.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Supervalu gourmet burger with bacon. Aldi skin on fries and some garlic sauce. idk, I was hungry but I just didn't enjoy it.

Cup of tea now with a raspberry and almond cake from the local bakery. this is hitting the spot :pac:

Hope you enjoy!!

I've stocked up on food and booze. No more shopping for a while

BTW G, supervalu has rockshore 8 for 8. I think Tesco has 24 slabs as well for under 30

Supping the Rockshore now. A steal at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭dasdog

The luxuries a long weekend presents a Blood Mary for breakfast with not a dash but five of tabasco which makes the world a better place.

kbxp7xc.png

bagel from the oven with roast beef, jarred mixed pepper, caramelized onions, cheese and mixed salad.

cup of tea too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Roast duck for dinner and lemon cheesecake for dessert

strawberry cheesecake with cup of tea atm.

I've a Goodfella's pepperoni pizza(with added frozen mushrooms) and some fries in the oven.

what can I say, I eat what I want when I want :o :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭global23214124

Just had a selection of cheese and a couple of n/a beers. Will walk it off tomorrow when I inevitably get lost in the city again.

Advertisement